No announcement yet.

Rest in peace, Margot Kidder.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in peace, Margot Kidder.

It was reported a few minutes ago that sadly she passed away today. She was 69.

The very first Lois Lane I got to see and probably the best one, IMO.

RIP.

Comment

Came home to read this news and am just stunned. She was my first Lois as well and the one I loved best (well, Noel Neill is up there too). I loved it when she guest starred on Smallville as well.

RIP Margot

Comment

Oh man, this sucks.
        She was the one who really helped the modern characterization of all Live action Lois Lanes out there become popular. Without her, We might had gotten a different version of Lois Lane.

Comment

Im still in shock. She was the frst Lois i can remember. Ill never forget her as Lois and when she was on Smallville. R.I.P.

Comment

For many of a certain era, she was "our" Lois Lane, without equal. The template by which any other live-action Lois would be measured. Newer Loises have added their own elements to the mythos in TV and movies ... but Margot's Lois was the alpha for those of us who grew up with the Donner Superman films. RIP.

Comment

As a kid, Margot was the Lois I grew up with. I've never read the comics so what I knew about the Superman story was entirely based on the movies. That helicopter rescue scene is 40 years now (!) and yet it's probably still THE iconic scene and a great little snapshot of who Lois is. Margot sold the fear, awe and astonishment and hope perfectly.

RIP Margot Kidder.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎