X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotham Renewed for Final 5th Season!

It’s been renewed for a fifth and final season

http://tvline.com/2018/05/13/gotham-...-season-5-fox/

I just saw/read this. Thank God!

At least we'll get proper closure instead of a cliffhanger like a lot of the shows that were cancelled this past week.

Given where all the characters are at this moment, I'm ok with it ending. I can't really see them stretching/delaying the story out any further than they already have.

Comment

Yeah at least we will get a proper final season and not ending on a cliff hanger.

Which I will say the fact we are getting a season 5 which is going to be the confirmed last season of the show makes me kind of excited of they are forced to double down on Bruce's journey into Batman and can't go massibly ruining it by say carrying the story on long past it's due date. Like say Smallville which I think went on for far to long or say Arrow that has done the same.

Frankly it being the finale season is why I'm considering actually tuning into season 5 since I know they don't have anymore time to play around.

Comment

What I read somewhere is that the intention is to make season 5 more focused on Bruce's journey to becoming Batman. Although I don't think we'll ever see him don the cowl. The show has its restrictions (for example, Jeremiah isn't allowed to be called the Joker and he can't even paint his hair green).

With Mazouz turning 18 next year, I'm guessing they will wrap it up with Bruce becoming an adult and starting his training in order to become Batman. I can't see a time jump happening because they'll probably want to end the show with David in the role of Bruce.

Anyway, obviously it's great news! I want the show to have a chance to properly conclude every character's journey. As for the episode count, I'm guessing it will be 12-13. Just about enough for Gotham to reach 100 episodes and be eligible for syndication. Given how reluctant FOX was to renew it, I doubt it will be 22 episodes. And I don't think we need another full season either. Like Aries said, the way a lot of the characters have developed (especially the rogues), there's not a lot of story left to tell.
        Last edited by costas22; 05-13-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          What I read somewhere is that the intention is to make season 5 more focused on Bruce's journey to becoming Batman. Although I don't think we'll ever see him don the cowl. The show has its restrictions (for example, Jeremiah isn't allowed to be called the Joker and he can't even paint his hair green).
          Yeah, I read an interview yesterday that basically confirmed that Jeremiah is not The Joker, with the claim that the real Joker is still somewhere in Gotham City.

Originally posted by costas22
          As for the episode count, I'm guessing it will be 12-13. Just about enough for Gotham to reach 100 episodes and be eligible for syndication. Given how reluctant FOX was to renew it, I doubt it will be 22 episodes. And I don't think we need another full season either. Like Aries said, the way a lot of the characters have developed (especially the rogues), there's not a lot of story left to tell.
          I'd be ok with 12-13, maybe even 16, but: 22 is WAY too much to me. They've had enough filler episodes to prove that over the last four years...

Another thing I read yesterday was that they've had a 6-episode arc in place to wrap up the series that would complete Bruce's journey.

Comment

My question is were the producers always thinking of capping the show after 5 seasons or is FOX doing this on its own?

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
              My question is were the producers always thinking of capping the show after 5 seasons or is FOX doing this on its own?
              Probably Fox doing this on their own. Although personally I'm not complaining since it is forcing them to bring the story to close and hopefully end on a high note, unlike other shows that went past their due date.

Comment

So I was doing a little digging and so according to comicbook.com said that "FOX recently released their network schedule for the 2018 -2019 season, revealing that Gotham is being held for a mid-season premiere forits 13-episode order, according to a report from Deadline."

Oh from another site called cosmic booknews they also said this referring to Gotham "It's being said the final season of Gotham will consist of 13 episodes (from the normal 22) and air mid-season next year focusing on Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman."

Now I don't know accurate either of those sites are for information or even the episode count, which the 13 number seems to have got floated around pretty quick and I'm not sure how accurate that is either.

I did take a look at the Fox fall schedule for 2018 and no Gotham.

Ok wait just in. This was on the Gotham Twitter hub where they released a post saying this "FOX has officially announced that #GOTHAM’s fifth and final season will consist of 13 episodes, and will premiere in early 2019."

So if that is official looks like we are getting 13 episodes and being in early 2019 would mean it starts in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  Yeah, I read an interview yesterday that basically confirmed that Jeremiah is not The Joker, with the claim that the real Joker is still somewhere in Gotham City.
                  Figures. Oh well. I will still consider Jeremiah this show's Joker with Jerome the proto-Joker!

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I'd be ok with 12-13, maybe even 16, but: 22 is WAY too much to me. They've had enough filler episodes to prove that over the last four years...

Another thing I read yesterday was that they've had a 6-episode arc in place to wrap up the series that would complete Bruce's journey.
                  Like Haggard mentioned, today they officially confirmed that it will be 13. Definitely for the best. Although it does suck that the season will start 8 months after the season 4 finale...

Comment

Although apparently on certain forums and stuff people are saying the episode number for 13 is not confirmed, and the Gotham Twitter hub is not the show's official Twitter site.

So at this point I'm not sure what is going on or who to trust with what.

But I'm a little more inclined to believe the site that says Gotham Twitter hub is being connected with the actual show and would be where they put out official information.

Comment

Wow...so much going on, so much personal emotion stemming from the news.

I'm not going to lie, out of all the DC tv shows currently airing, Gotham is easily the best and my personal favorite. But no show, no matter how good, is with out flaws. This show's had its fair share of ups and downs.

As far as downs go, however, I am both pleased and proud to admit that Gotham has the fewest of the DC slot. The biggest flaws I'm talking of, of course, are and always will be the fact that they chose to start Bruce, Selina, and Ivy so young. Now that the show's been confirmed to all but run its course, I can honestly say this: They could've easily started those three characters out as normal adults and it wouldn't have affected the show at all.

That said, it's second biggest flaw was the main star himself: Jim Gordon. My god. For a man who is supposedly was supposed to be the proto savior to gotham city prior to Batman, the man was about as interesting as a chalk board.

But the rest of the cast? Oh my god. It's so amazing, their stories all well so told for the most part...even the other good guys besides Jim. Harvey Bullock is easily the best good guy character of the show period. His self redemption story arc this season was so wonderfully done and refreshing. He didn't have to risk his neck to save Gotham but to save himself from his own personal hell of guilt he did so anyways. Well done, sir.

I don't think I've EVER seen a show were the story lines for bad guys were SOOOOO good. Oswald's journey was fun and awesome to watch. I really hope that, if he doesn't gain the weight, that he at least loses his eye and gains his trade marked monocle from the comics/animated shows/video games. The rest is too much to get into now with out a full on review but needless to say if youre the type to watch a tv show for the bad guy's stories as well as the good guy's, then this show is for you.

If this is Gotham's end, then I really hope it lives up to its title as prequel show. As in I hope to dear god that both Fox and WB gets their act together and make a proper sequel show set in this show's same universe with a full fledged Batman, set say maybe 5-7 years later? That way all you need to recast essentially is Selina and Bruce as everyone else will look the same basically. Cash in here were Smallville failed, Fox. C'mon, it's not THAT hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                        Wow...so much going on, so much personal emotion stemming from the news.

I'm not going to lie, out of all the DC tv shows currently airing, Gotham is easily the best and my personal favorite. But no show, no matter how good, is with out flaws. This show's had its fair share of ups and downs.

As far as downs go, however, I am both pleased and proud to admit that Gotham has the fewest of the DC slot. The biggest flaws I'm talking of, of course, are and always will be the fact that they chose to start Bruce, Selina, and Ivy so young. Now that the show's been confirmed to all but run its course, I can honestly say this: They could've easily started those three characters out as normal adults and it wouldn't have affected the show at all.

That said, it's second biggest flaw was the main star himself: Jim Gordon. My god. For a man who is supposedly was supposed to be the proto savior to gotham city prior to Batman, the man was about as interesting as a chalk board.

But the rest of the cast? Oh my god. It's so amazing, their stories all well so told for the most part...even the other good guys besides Jim. Harvey Bullock is easily the best good guy character of the show period. His self redemption story arc this season was so wonderfully done and refreshing. He didn't have to risk his neck to save Gotham but to save himself from his own personal hell of guilt he did so anyways. Well done, sir.

I don't think I've EVER seen a show were the story lines for bad guys were SOOOOO good. Oswald's journey was fun and awesome to watch. I really hope that, if he doesn't gain the weight, that he at least loses his eye and gains his trade marked monocle from the comics/animated shows/video games. The rest is too much to get into now with out a full on review but needless to say if youre the type to watch a tv show for the bad guy's stories as well as the good guy's, then this show is for you.

If this is Gotham's end, then I really hope it lives up to its title as prequel show. As in I hope to dear god that both Fox and WB gets their act together and make a proper sequel show set in this show's same universe with a full fledged Batman, set say maybe 5-7 years later? That way all you need to recast essentially is Selina and Bruce as everyone else will look the same basically. Cash in here were Smallville failed, Fox. C'mon, it's not THAT hard.
                        I hate to see the show go and I guess it's a good thing they're going to give it an ending instead of abruptly. I'm hoping the network will follow this route too. As for changing Bruce and Selina, why couldn't they just continue to grow in their roles? I know in the comics no one ever changes and this can't be said of the actors portraying these characters. I've grown to like most of the actors in those roles.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎