No announcement yet.

#7.21 "Homecoming"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7.21 "Homecoming"

Well, I thought this episode was ok. It didn't live up to the preview trailer, though.

Seeing some of the past characters felt cheap to me because they were just duplicates of the originals from the Wish Realm.

I was confused as to why Hook seemed to be unfamiliar with this version of Rumple since they're from the same realm?

Anyway, it was just ok for me, but not bad.

What did everybody else think?

Yeah, the appearances of "past characters" felt a bit empty. They were trying to give nods to the past, but it doesn't work if it's completely new versions. Sure, they were the same as the originals, up to a point, but that point would've been 30+ years ago. We've never met this Ariel before. She just shows up with a trident (the implications of which are unclear). And why is there a Cruella in the Wish Realm (an alternate Enchanted Forrest)? She's from a different realm.

Turns out I was right about new Hook still being unable to be near his daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Yeah, the appearances of "past characters" felt a bit empty. They were trying to give nods to the past, but it doesn't work if it's completely new versions. Sure, they were the same as the originals, up to a point, but that point would've been 30+ years ago. We've never met this Ariel before. She just shows up with a trident (the implications of which are unclear). And why is there a Cruella in the Wish Realm (an alternate Enchanted Forrest)? She's from a different realm.
      I had the same question about Cruella (and Ariel), too. It just didn't work.

However, I am happy that they're addressing the storyline of Wish Realm Henry and possibly wrapping up that plot hole...

Another thing I forgot to bring up: So, Ella and Lucy are trapped in a snowglobe that's going to kill them if it fills up with snow, but NOBODY thought to put it near the open fireplace (complete with burning fire) to counteract the snow. They just let them freeze like that? Ok, maybe the fire wouldn't have made a difference, but still...

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Turns out I was right about new Hook still being unable to be near his daughter.
      I'm sure they'll address it. I'm actually curious as to how Alice/Robin and the others will go back in time to help Henry?

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎