Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Harry and the Harrisons"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Harry and the Harrisons"?

What did you think of Wells, his meeting the Council of Wells, Amunet as a frenemy, and Iris getting back to blogging/reporting again?

Amunet is fun because Katee Sackhoff is playing it about as cheesy as any human possibly could, and I find her hilarious and charming as all get out.

The Council of Wells was hilarious, if pointless, because it's amusing to see how much range TC has as an actor.

Everything else about this show is just a chore, now. I don't even know what DeVoe thinks he's going to accomplish by making everyone stupid. Planes are going to fall out of the sky, nuclear reactors are going to meltdown, cities will crumble, and all for this vague concept of enlightenment that makes no sense.

And don't even get me started on Wells pulling out of the clear blue sky that Marlize left DeVoe.

It's sad how long it has been since I actually enjoyed this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      Out of curiosity, what was the last episode you found enjoyable for the most part?

Comment

Amunet is fun because Katee Sackhoff is playing it about as cheesy as any human possibly could, and I find her hilarious and charming as all get out.

The Council of Wells was hilarious, if pointless, because it's amusing to see how much range TC has as an actor.

Everything else about this show is just a chore, now. I don't even know what DeVoe thinks he's going to accomplish by making everyone stupid. Planes are going to fall out of the sky, nuclear reactors are going to meltdown, cities will crumble, and all for this vague concept of enlightenment that makes no sense.

And don't even get me started on Wells pulling out of the clear blue sky that Marlize left DeVoe.

Odd but at least this week I thought Katee Sackhoff was the highlight of the episode. I especially liked that cool metal whirlwind trick she did at the end. Impressive.

Glad that Iris' journalism and writing made appearances in this episode, even though it was brought up a few episodes earlier and I was sure the show pretty much forgot about it.

Speaking of that, how exactly are Barry and Iris paying for that apartment? I know it's not a major thing to worry about but it's been months since Barry was working at CCPD, Singh had to suspend him because the department wasn't buying his story, which means he hasn't been getting paid for awhile. Same with Iris.

Comment

Sackhoff was delightful in this episode, you can tell she is embracing the cheese and loves it.

I also enjoyed seeing other versions of Wells. Wells figuring out that Marlize had left DeVoe was a stretch, even with the hilarity of the council helping him.

Iris getting back to blogging or reporting (at least momentarily) is good to see -- her article galvanizing a groundswell of public support to find DeVoe is truly reaching for relevance here. I don't know if she'll stick with it, going into S5 ... or if they'll just continue to 'Felicity' her next year and keep her as team lead with nothing else to do.

As for Barry's financial situation, I'm going with the vague "independently wealthy". Picked up some questionable offshore tax haven schemes from S1 Harrison/Eobard, and didn't tell the team, eh Barry, lol? 'He gets money from STARLabs' seems to be the popular fandom answer -- though didn't 'novelist' Wells try and fail to set up a STARLabs museum because they needed help financially last year? I don't know, maybe I'll go with: CCPD "administrative leave", with pay, thanks to pushback from the police union.

As for the main plot itself, it's usually at this point of the season that I get fatigued with the main story and want to see the endgame already. A 23-ep season is too long for shows like these, even though it's still the "standard" on US networks. They probably could have told the DeVoe story in half that length of time.

Comment

I have to be honest, I fast forwarded through the Harry/Council of Wells stuff...it was pointless and very cheesy to me.

The big highlight for me in this episode were all of the scenes that involved Amunet. She really killed it in this episode and I enjoyed seeing her playing sort of a hero for a change.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the Council of wells stuff myself. It felt like a filler scene that was going on in between all the more serious scenes.

Everything else was spot on though, and I loved Amunent's scenes. I even loved Iris's scenes where she was going back to her blogging/reporting stuff, and ended up recruiting the entire city into helping Team Flash.

Comment

I can see the potential of Amunet but having her act against the Caitlin character is counterproductive. Neither actress is that strong and it is a struggle to get through any dialogue they are having. Hopefully if they decide to use her again, they'll create a much better storyline. The accent is atrocious and not an added touch, it's distracting.

Caitlin's storyline baffles me, they should have made her transition to Killer Frost simple instead of conjuring up nonsense to have her exist. Do they really think her going in and out of KF, leaving notes, etc is going to work from here on out? They need to either make her turn full KF or leave her as Caitlin. Also, why does she always get a pass for lying to the team? Her contacting Amunet was for her own gain, maybe the team needs to release her indefinitely so that she can work out her KF issues away from everything.

Council of Wells'...Earth 34 one made me laugh but that's it.

Happy to see Iris' journalist arc come to play, we needed this second season - I always though she would be better used filtering stories of metas into public domain. I think her connecting whatever The Flash and Vibe (and I guess Wells) are defeating to Central City. That the US government hasn't locked down on the happenings in Central City is ridiculous. At least making citizens somewhat aware allows me to forgive this huge elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  Out of curiosity, what was the last episode you found enjoyable for the most part?
                  Individual episode? Not even sure. Did they do any ludicrous eps this season? Some of their funny ones are good at random.

I did enjoy the mega crossover. Does that count?

Comment

Individual episode? Not even sure. Did they do any ludicrous eps this season? Some of their funny ones are good at random.

I wouldn't count them simply because the crossover episodes are usually good, but they may not representative be of the show's actual quality at that particular time.

Frankly, I don't know what this season has been like because I don't follow the show closely anymore. So I don't know if they did any ludicrous episodes, although I think the episode where Iris becomes a speedster was supposed to be light hearted?

Personally speaking, the last episode I truly enjoyed before I stopped at the end of season 3 was probably the one where Barry was in the speed force at the end of season 2.
                    Last edited by costas22; 05-13-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what counts as "ludicrous" because of the basic nature of the show itself but I can say that this past episode was mostly forgettable, with the exception of Katee Sackhoff and Iris going back to her journalism roots.

To me, this season has been a step above season 3, albeit a very small step because I can vividly recall episodes from last year that just absolutely pissed me off. Can't really say that this year. A lot of episodes are light-hearted in nature and some legit good episodes among some legit ones that you won't care about.

BTW the whole crossover was absolute sheer brilliance and completely enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎