Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Docket No. 11-19-41-73?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Docket No. 11-19-41-73?"

What did you think?

I could do without that Tommy twist as I hope this is the last time they're using him. I wonder how the Human Target knows about Oliver and Tommy being friends.

Comment

Great opening action sequence with Diggle: Agent of A.R.G.U.S. helping Chance out of a jam overseas. If Diggle's going to be involved in missions like that, I'm cool with more of him in the field and less of him spinning his wheels in the Arrowcave 24/7.

Yeah, they used Christopher Chance one too many times here, despite the "Not" Tommy-as-GA ruse at trial -- even Chance was saying after that he hoped he wouldn't see them more than once a year.

I didn't mind the trial ep, it was more Law and Order-ish and better than some of the other trial eps. they've had. They actually managed to keep people guessing for most of the ep. if Oliver was going to be found guilty or not. They used some TV legalese to get him acquitted in the end, but this was to be expected.

Cool scene with Diaz bringing Rene's daughter into the courtroom just as Rene had to testify. Diaz didn't say a word, but Rene knew that his kid was in mortal danger. I also liked that they brought up all the dirty baggage many team members have accumulated in service to GA's mission -- including the cyber crimes Felicity has done over the years. And she challenged the prosecution to look into them too, which might not be the best idea.

What was funny was that a lot of the prosecution's points were truthful/correct: Oliver and team are liars, they've committed crimes and blood is definitely on GA's hands and by association anyone who supported his mission.

The vigilantes' doctor, the one who tried to save BC Laurel -- a surprise witness for me -- is basically Team Arrow at this point as she didn't out Oliver at all under oath.

They quickly glossed over any lingering rifts between the teams, and with only 2 eps til the finale and no time left, they basically had to rush it. Rene apologized to Oliver, Oliver did the same, everyone is civil again. The civil war was the weakest arc of the season and I'm glad it's over, even though the fence-mending was hurried.

There's little doubt BS is turning face now, but Diaz is no fool either. Quentin looks like he's racing towards a death and glory ending to complete the Laurel redemption arc by the finale. Maybe he'll still live and just fade into Offscreenville semi-retirement ... but it's just as likely he'll pay the ultimate price to put E2 Laurel over, and get a hero's death of sorts.

Comment

Just a couple of observations after watching some stuff on youtube:

Was there ever any doubt that, just like with Felicity's paralysis storyline, the "Civil War" arc would wrap up as if nothing ever happened and without any lasting consequences? It's what this show does best (other than make Felicity look horrible). Honestly, after Oliver was stabbed twice and thrown off a cliff, yet managed to survive because he drank Tatsu's penicillin tea, Arrow lost any kind of credibility. As I understand it, in previous episodes Oliver put Rene in a coma, Felicity and Curtis were at each other's throats and Oliver and Dig had a massive fight. But all is forgiven when Oliver faces impeachment, I guess...

I agree that Black Siren seems to be on the road to redemption (I still don't get why the city naively bought into her story that she's E1 Laurel or why she's not arrested seeing as E1 Laurel was publicly outted as the Black Canary, but whatever...). However, it probably means that she's also on the road to leave the show. They can't have 2 Black Canaries on Team Arrow and Tina obviously is their first choice to carry the mantle. With Sara returning for the finale, I'm guessing that will lead to Black Siren joining the Legends.

Regarding Quentin, [SPOILER]I agree. Even though I wish the showrunners were more creative for once, it looks like he will get killed off. Some info that was leaked about the finale suggests as much.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Even though both the rift and the eventual reconciliation weren't ideal, Diggle's own schism seemed to make the most sense, to me anyway. He's been the sober second thought of the team (mostly). He'd be the one over the years who'd tell Oliver or someone else to think before acting or try to compromise -- even as the civil war was brewing. His nonsensical GA ambitions aside, Diggle left (after talking to Lyla too, so it was more than an idle tantrum) due to confidence issues that looked to be simmering for some time.

And technically he's "still" an agent if A.R.G.U.S. so his current truce with Oliver due to the trial and Diaz didn't impact his reasons for leaving Team Arrow. Some fans have said Diggle had no reason to split with the team. I don't agree with that and I felt this sort of philosophical schism between them was there for awhile and was long overdue. Couldn't stand the new team v. old team arc overall, it was mostly silly ... but the Oliver v. Diggle one had some merit -- as least from Diggle's pov. I have a feeling that, while they may all end up friends again, the team will be ... something ... else. Maybe more of a part-time, ad hoc basis and a rotating roster per mission?

Yeah I think E2 Laurel is set up for a team transfer to LoT, so they can have a bizarre reunion with Sara and her (again, E2 stranger) "not" sister. Dinah's not going anywhere.

Comment

I really liked this episode (and the last few episodes in general)

The redemption of NTA might seem too rushed, but I don't think that everything is settled yet.
            They all agreed that Oliver was a jerk but did not deserve what was going on right now and that it also was their fault.

The Tommy twist was brilliant as it explains why Oliver and Laurel "know" the Green Arrow, but won't give him up in a "believable" way.
            Fake Tommy was a highlight for me, especially the line where he says that his team will retrieve him before reaching any prison anyways.

As for why Laurel is not arrested, there is actually a good reason for that.
            While never being outright "legal" there was a point in time, where the vigilantes had the support and approval of the city. In fact Black Canary even got a statue built for her by the city post mortem as she was seen a true hero. Her being held captive and tortured for 2 years straight only makes her both a victim and more of a hero to the public eye.

Only in season 5 the new Anti Vigilante Law was established, at this point Laurel had already been declared dead.
            Also while Vigilantism is a crime itself it is not that big of a deal compared to the crimes that come with it. The real crime Oliver has to account for is Killing so many people AS a vigilante.
            Black Canary was never much of a Killer and she was part of the team, when Oliver had a straight no killing rule himself. (Something he changed after and in part because of her death)

I wouldn't be surprised if there simply was no proof she ever killed anyone. This and the fact that she officially hadn't been doing any Vigilante activity since reappearing at least make it believable enought for me that she would be left alone as long as she didn't become the Black Canary again. I mean it IS a comic book series, we have to suspend our disbelief to a certain point.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎