No announcement yet.

Swamp Thing (DC Universe)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp Thing (DC Universe)

Today DC and Warner Bros. announced the name of their digital streaming platform as DC Universe.

They also announced a live action Swamp Thing series for the service from Aquaman director, James Wan. He will produce the show with his Atomic Monster studio.

Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica, Netflix's Daredevil) and Gary Dauberman (It and its forthcoming sequel) are attached to co-write the script and serve as showrunners on the live-action drama. James Wan (Aquaman) will exec produce alongside his Atomic Monster banner topper Michael Clear, with the company's Rob Hackett set as a co-exec producer. Verheiden and Dauberman will also exec produce the live-action drama.

The drama follows what happens when CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. There, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 05-03-2018, 05:50 AM.

I was just about to post this We need another sub-forum for the DC Streaming shows they’re developing.

Anyway... I’m interested in the series. The least I know of these characters, the more I’m interested. Yeah, it’s nice to have series about Batman or Superman but, there is a whole universe of other characters.

Comment

I have fond memories of the FOX Kids animated Swamp Thing cartoon, and can't wait to see what this brand-new live-action adaptation of the character brings to the table, especially since it looks to be the first adapted iteration of the property not to be focused directly on Alec Holland/Swamp Thing himself, but instead on Abby Arcane.

Hopefully the Pilot comes together really quickly and we can get this thing early next year.

Comment

Andy Bean (Power) has been cast in the role of biologist Alec Holland (the human that becomes Swamp Thing). While Derek Mears, (Jason Voorhees in the Friday the 13th reboot) will play the bog monster.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/swamp-t...se-1202497033/
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-06-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Swamp Thing will premiere on Friday May 31, 2019

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎