0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Therefore It Sucks
    0%

That mystery girl has to be either Dawn Allen or XS Jenni Ognats of the Legion of Superheroes, whom she must be separated from and ended up on Earth-1. The Legion must be from a future where the Multiverse was no more and that the Crisis was already dealt with.

Comment

We got some great background stories on both DeVoe and his wife. So it turns out that DeVoe was something of an extremist even then, which was something that Marlie never agreed with.
      That leads us to the one scene that I can't help but be a little nitpicky about. It felt like Marlie had her turn-heel moment a little too fast after having one bad experience. They did try to fix this by having Marlie talk about how deep down she always knew that humans as an group were always terrible, and that she didn't want to believe in that. But it still felt like she should've had a few more bad experiences before fully committing to DeVoe's plan.
      However I do understand why they didn't go down that route... it would had eaten up TV time and they clearly also wanted to focus on the other sub-plots that was occurring at the same time. And of course Marlie ends up having a second turn-heel moment, this time against her own husband.

Poor Cisco can't seem to catch a break in his love life now. Looks like it's over for him and Gyspy.

Comment

I think they just ran out of time. They should have salted Marlize's growing discomfort throughout the second half, so their doing it all at once now does look a bit rushed. Stiil it was a good Devoe ep.

It was inevitable Cisco and Gypsy split. She was ok with the status quo and he no longer was. Welcome back to the Can't Catch A Break club (again), Cisco.

Comment

As a whole the episode was actually pretty good. The most important thing is that I'm glad that Marlize finally got fed up and told Devoe off. I did like the extended backstory of how they actually met and what their relationship was like before, but then it just cemented that he was always a dick and now he just had the technology to be a real threat. A real shame about the Devoes since at the start of the season they seemed like a legitimately happy, though evil couple and now they couldn't be further apart, but then repeatedly drugging your wife, constantly hijacking bodies, murdering innocents, framing the hero and acting like an emotionless person is a good way to get karma sent after you.

But then, ever since the midseason finale episode it was suggested that Marlize was already starting to have second thoughts about everything and now it's come full force.

Sucks for Cisco, but we all kinda knew where this was going since Gypsy only had like 3 appearances this season and the last one was a "send nudes" cube at the midseason finale. I don't like seeing sad Cisco.

Also, Dawn Allen again complete with her powers.

Comment

Cisco being a part of the Can't Catch A Break club is, just like Oliver Queen re-learning the same lessons, proof that these shows just keep going in circles.

The amazing thing about The Flash is that while it had larger viewership numbers than Arrow did during its first 3 seasons, The Flash has slipped in that 0.6/below 2million viewers territory faster than Arrow did. As a matter of fact, its season 4 average numbers will be worse than Arrow's. And yes, shows tend to lose viewers as time goes on, but The Flash has lost over 2 million viewers since those Earth-2 episodes from 2 years ago.

Maybe it's Roseanne's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              Cisco being a part of the Can't Catch A Break club is, just like Oliver Queen re-learning the same lessons, proof that these shows just keep going in circles.

The amazing thing about The Flash is that while it had larger viewership numbers than Arrow did during its first 3 seasons, The Flash has slipped in that 0.6/below 2million viewers territory faster than Arrow did. As a matter of fact, its season 4 average numbers will be worse than Arrow's. And yes, shows tend to lose viewers as time goes on, but The Flash has lost over 2 million viewers since those Earth-2 episodes from 2 years ago.

Maybe it's Roseanne's fault.
              That is actually surprisng given that Season 4 has been one of the best seasons so far, certainly much better than Seasons 2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                That is actually surprisng given that Season 4 has been one of the best seasons so far, certainly much better than Seasons 2 and 3.
                Can't speak for Season 4's overall quality because I wouldn't know, but I think the show is paying for its season 3 mistakes. Plenty of people just gave up. Either because Flashpoint was a letdown or because the Savitar thing became too convoluted or because they got tired of waiting for the titular hero to grow up and learn the life lessons he already knew at the end of season 1. I think Season 2 was ok and Zoom was a great villain most of the time, but Season 3 was utterly frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                  Originally posted by costas22
                  Can't speak for Season 4's overall quality because I wouldn't know, but I think the show is paying for its [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]season 3[/COLOR] mistakes. Plenty of people just gave up. Either because Flashpoint was a letdown or because the Savitar thing became too convoluted or because they got tired of waiting for the titular hero to grow up and learn the life lessons he already knew at the end of [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]season 1[/COLOR]. I think Season 2 was ok and Zoom was a great important villain most of the time, but Season 3 was utterly frustrating.
                  Eh, Season 4 has been an improvement over the last season IMO. I still maintain that seasons 1 and 2 were the best by far mainly because of the consistency and cool villains. Every season has filler episodes but it seemed like the first 2 seasons had ones we gave a pass to because the overall story of the season was pretty gripping. Season 4 also lacks the melodramatic "woe is me" elements that season 3 had that made me roll my eyes.

Comment

I'm actually glad they ended the relationship between Cisco and Gypsy because at least for me, they never clicked with any chemistry. I for one won't be missing that one...Cisco will eventually find someone else. I actually liked it a lot better when Cisco briefly had a thing with Snart's sister.

Comment

Hold on a minute, I just thought of something.

Doesn't Devoe still have mind reading abilities when he stole Dominic's body? So he should've been able to sense when Marlize was growing uneasy and second guessing all of his motives.

I also just rewatched the episode and noticed at the end that Dawn Allen said Cecile would be "due" 21 days from now, so that puts us at the season finale for when she gives birth.
                      Last edited by AsteroidMike; 05-03-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
                        Hold on a minute, I just thought of something.

Doesn't Devoe still have mind reading abilities when he stole Dominic's body? So he should've been able to sense when Marlize was growing uneasy and second guessing all of his motives.

I also just rewatched the episode and noticed at the end that Dawn Allen said Cecile would be "due" 21 days from now, so that puts us at the season finale for when she gives birth.
                        IF she gives birth. I'm sorry, but I don't see this one ending so well with Joe and Cecile. Something tells me that birthing complications are abound. I don't have anything against those two as characters but I'm sorry, there comes a time when It starts to get gross having kids at such an old age. They had no business having kids in their advanced years (Joe especially).

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                          IF she gives birth. I'm sorry, but I don't see this one ending so well with Joe and Cecile. Something tells me that birthing complications are abound. I don't have anything against those two as characters but I'm sorry, there comes a time when It starts to get gross having kids at such an old age. They had no business having kids in their advanced years (Joe especially).
                          I don't know, Dawn seemed pretty uplifted and confident about that impending birth.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎