No announcement yet.

#7.19 "Flower Child"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7.19 "Flower Child"

So, this episode didn't really get good until the last few minutes.

The Gothel backstory/flashbacks felt really shallow. It was like watching a fairtayle version of Carrie—although I did like when Isla's neck was snapped.

The present-day plot was marginally better, but only because everybody is so close to finding out the truth.

I'm confused about Gothel, though. It seemed like they implied she created a land without magic? Is that right or did I miss something?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the aftermath and find out why The Curse wasn't broken.

Not the best, but certainly not the worst episode.

What did everybody else think?

I’m still not sure what Gothel’s after.

I think the kiss didn’t work because Ivy made it kiss-proof otherwise it would be too easy to have broken the spell and/or one or the other or both don’t fully believe the truth.

I’m more curious about the preview for next episode. Present Henry calls Past Henry??? Are we dealing with an alternative timeline or another dream realm or is Hyperion Heights in a time bubble??? What’s going on???

Originally posted by Aries83
    I'm confused about Gothel, though. It seemed like they implied she created a land without magic? Is that right or did I miss something?
    After Gothel and Sarafina left the realm it became a land without magic (I’m assuming that the nymphs were the only ones with magic; at least in their realm) which eventually after centuries without magic evolved into our world.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      I’m still not sure what Gothel’s after.
      Me either. I don't see how assembling the coven, even with Alice, fits into any of the other plots.

I think the kiss didn’t work because Ivy made it kiss-proof otherwise it would be too easy to have broken the spell and/or one or the other or both don’t fully believe the truth.
      Yeah. Maybe it's because his heart is still poisoned? However, Facillier said restoring the slipper should've taken care of it—at least that's what I thought he was getting at.

I’m more curious about the preview for next episode. Present Henry calls Past Henry??? Are we dealing with an alternative timeline or another dream realm or is Hyperion Heights in a time bubble??? What’s going on???
      I wondered about that too. I knew Jared S. Gilmore was coming back, but I assumed all of his scenes would be flashbacks in Storybrooke before he left. The timeline for this season is a mess.

After Gothel and Sarafina left the realm it became a land without magic (I’m assuming that the nymphs were the only ones with magic; at least in their realm) which eventually after centuries without magic evolved into our world.
      Ok. That's what I thought was going on, but wasn't sure. It did look like she "sealed" the entire area, which probably prevented magic from working there.

I thought it was a bit of an odd thing to establish, though, but that's just me. I always thought magic didn't work in our world because nobody believed in it, not because a nymph was involved...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I wondered about that too. I knew Jared S. Gilmore was coming back, but I assumed all of his scenes would be flashbacks in Storybrooke before he left. The timeline for this season is a mess.
        After actually thinking about it, it’s must likely two separate scenes cut together to make it look like he called his youngerself; promos and trailers always get me.

Comment

it’s must likely two separate scenes cut together to make it look like he called his youngerself; promos and trailers always get me.
          Yeah, trailers are funny like that. It could also be a moment of deja vu hitting him too, like, "OMG, this already happened," or, "I remember now!"

I hope it's the latter!

Comment

I agree about Gothel's backstory coming across as shallow. Okay, so some humans were bad to her and she decides to wipe out all humans, because of it. A bit of tried attempt at irony. Humans kill her entire family, so she decides to do the same to humanity (failing to see that it makes her just like the humans).

About the present day plot, yeah, it's nice that everyone is close to finding out the truth.

I'm surprised Gothel's whole coven was already there. When they first introduced the eight witches, I thought the season would be about trying to find them.

Earlier in the season, I think I speculated that the curse had not only sent them to our world, but back in time. As The season premiere establishes the events in Hyperion Heights to take place in present day, while the show began in 2011. Hence why Regina said in one episode, that they couldn't get help from Storybrooke. All of this is in the future of the Storybrooke versions of the characters, while taking place shortly after the sixth season. In Storybrooke, Henry is still a teenager and hasn't left to find his own story yet. That happens a while in the future. Then, years later, Henry meets Cinderella, has a kid and they're cursed and sent to our world in 2017. (Is this convoluted enough?)

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎