0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Not sure if I can put Richard Dragon up there with the likes of Deathstroke and Ra's Al Ghul.

No Felicity as it's a first.

Comment

Some will probably disagree when it comes to Diaz beating Oliver, but I feel that this highlighted a theme that was present throughout the episode: honor. Anatoli has honor. Oliver has honor. Even Black Siren has a twisted kind of honor to her.

But Diaz has none. He will take whatever advantage he can get to be victorious. Its my belief that if Oliver is going to beat Diaz, then he is going to have to forget everything that Yao Fei, Shado, Slade, Talia, and Ra's taught him about honor. THey all had a kind of honor, some of it twisted, but he emulated them nonetheless and Diaz is using that against him. In short: Oliver's going to have to stop being this 'big picture' hero and start being a rough and tumble fighter for the streets.

The NTA-ARGUS suplot was, as to be expected, an utter waste of time and clearly made to fill up airtime since the only interesting bits were Anatoli-Oliver, Diaz-Oliver, and the Lances. Speaking of their drama tonight...

Quentin's reaction to finding out Laurel is working with Diaz went as expected. He confronted her about it, and then explained why he was so upset, because it reminded him of when he worked for Darhk and Darhk still killed Laurel-1. I can't help but feel this was heavy foreshadowing, especially with Laurel-2 set to testify against Oliver (yes I saw the trailer and I'm betting that's human target playing Tommy playing Green Arrow because that would explain away Oliver's talk of the close friendship he has with the GA) and Sara returning in the finale when she's never done so before even when Legends ended before Arrow.

I would say they are going full steam with that redemption arc now, whether some like it or not.

If not for the useless NTA-ARGUS subplot, this might be a higher score. As it is, I'll rate it a 6. It was above average.

Oh, and best part: Felicity had one scene and was utterly silent so we didn't have to hear her warbling about "Olibur". Ya know what? I'll add a point for that. 7/10.

Comment

It was a pretty good episode overall, though I feel they should have hinted at the Quadrant a bit earlier in the season. That illuminati-ish organization did spring up out of nowhere.

It does look like they are going forward with some form of redemption arc, which I would say increases the odds Quentin punches his ticket out for good. Quentin's 'saving Laurel' plot has stretched credibility at times, but at least now they've set the goal posts for it with this episode. He'll likely take the fall for his 'Earth-2' baby girl and not let Diaz pull a Darhk on Laurel. Not sure if being mayor is enough to sustain him as a character into S7.

No surprise here, this was a great Anatoly episode, with nods all the way to his 'honourable' chat with Oliver earlier this season. Good nod to some continuity there. And thematically, I can see how honour may be one of the defining traits for Oliver as the season wraps up. Anatoly will probably be 'redeemed' too, as Oliver's likeable frenemy by season's end.

That fight with Diaz and Oliver was particularly vicious and brutal. No doubt it made some of the Flarrowverse viewership squeamish with all the blood and violence. Let them be squeamish. No superpowers here, mortals bleed Like last episode, it's something you don't normally expect in the Berlantiverse at all -- which I why I enjoyed it. After six years it's about time they shake up the status quo with eps. like these.

I prefer Diggle as Agent of A.R.G.U.S. and I did like that he is staying the course for the moment and not interested in any long-term team memberships. I'd be fine if he worked with whatever team on a per-mission basis. The civil war was the most nonsensical and poorly executed arc of the season, and even though a too-quick reconciliation is not something I'm fond of, or necessarily buy from them, I think it simply ran out of time and the show either had to begin to patch things up at this point or let the schism drag on into next season. (We probably still have to get Oliver and Felicity's melodramatic take on it when all is said and done -- I'm not looking forward to it -- but it's probably too little too late in the season to have any real impact.)

However we feel about Oliver as GA or as mayor, he does need to be held accountable for essentially plundering the city coffers for Cayden's ransom. Potholes still need to be repaired and public transit still needs to be upgraded. Mr. and Mrs. Citizen aren't gonna give a damn about the Quadrant or Diaz, if they can't commute into the downtown core without having to transfer onto three buses. (But I guess that's Quentin's problem now. Happy S7, Mayor Lance lol.)

Comment

I just wonder why they wasted most of this season when they CAN do good Arrow again. Just like at the beginning of the season with the Slade and Anatoly storylines the last three eps make me feel back into season one and two again.

The ARGUS/NTA story was okay and in character. Rene having second thoughts about it all reminds me of Oliver's crisis in season one when he was almost killed by the Black Archer.

The way Oliver now tries to get Anatoly back was great. Love it. Oliver really goes deep into it, even letting himself beaten up and imprisoned. I mean, at first I wondered why he let himself being hurt by Diaz, but when he finally had Diaz and told him to give up and Diaz used a knife I realized that this had been Oliver's plan all along. Bringing Diaz into a situation where he was beaten, except if he played unfair - just to show Anatoly (and maybe even Laurel) that Diaz would do the same with them one day.

And it seemed to have worked. Even Laurel seemed to be put off by it all. Laurel is actually still a mystery. Why is she so afraid of Diaz? As Quentin pointed out she could kill him any time. Hope for a plausible explanation one day. Both the Dragon ep and now Oliver winning against him even without using any of his LoA/Hood techniques showed us that Diaz isn't that powerful. So why is Laurel so afraid?

Raisa's short appearance was real nice.

The nods to the Hood I liked too. Missed Oliver saying "you have failed this city". It should have warned Diaz, but it didn't. I guess Oliver has learned this from Chase: let your opponent believe he has won and then hit when he does not see it coming.

If they intend to keep this kind of storytelling I really look forward to season 7.
          Last edited by Freawaru; 04-28-2018, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
            But Diaz has none. He will take whatever advantage he can get to be victorious. Its my belief that if Oliver is going to beat Diaz, then he is going to have to forget everything that Yao Fei, Shado, Slade, Talia, and Ra's taught him about honor. THey all had a kind of honor, some of it twisted, but he emulated them nonetheless and Diaz is using that against him. In short: Oliver's going to have to stop being this 'big picture' hero and start being a rough and tumble fighter for the streets.
            It is possible - but for that Diaz needs to have a hidden card because at the moment I think Oliver has already won. Anatoly and possibly Laurel are on his side now and will bring Diaz down.

Of course,I do think that all that time during their fight Oliver could have easily killed Diaz. But that was not his plan. I think he waited for Diaz to draw a knife or do something else dishonourable and he knew where Diaz would stab him before Diaz did it.

Diaz thinks he "grew up in hell" but I think it was a different kind of "hell" as Oliver's. Oliver didn't come out of his "hell" giving a name and a tattoo to his fear. Also Oliver's fears are not for his own life or being a "nobody" but he fears loosing those he loves.

Comment

Black Siren being afraid of Diaz is a joke....clearly, the showrunners want to make Diaz the most toughest and feared villain that Oliver has faced thus far but like I've said many times I still don't buy it. I mean, he's a solid villain, but Oliver has shown 2 times already that he could've easily ended Diaz. And Black Siren could easily end things as well but for the sake of expanding it to the finale because there's 23 episodes there has to be stuff like her being afraid and calling Diaz a monster and so and so on.

It also shows how controlling the men that Black Siren had to follow are. I can see with Zoom and even Prometheus why Black Siren should've been scared of them and do whatever they say but with Diaz it's meh....she could easily end his life. I think after this season once Diaz is down for the count that Black Siren will be her own boss and do her own thing....at least I hope so. I'm getting tired of seeing someone the caliber of Black Siren being controlled by someone and not just going out and doing solo work.
              Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 04-29-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎