0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Lose this episode
    0%

I knew Thinker was going to possess Ralph and it's nice to see the original actor playing him again.

As for Caitlin no longer being Killer Frost, it's likely because the Flashpoint movie will use Killer Frost.

Comment

It was actually a pretty good episode, even with the downer ending. A huge step up from last week.

The thing about the episode was that I found myself siding with Ralph almost all the time during his arguments with Barry about killing Devoe. I get that Barry wants to find another way of stopping him without resorting to killing, but come on, almost every main character on this show has killed someone before. Joe's shot a ton of bad guys on the job, Caitlin/KF took out Black Flash at the end of last year, Wells killed that Turtle villain in season 2, Iris miraculously killed Savitar also in last year's season finale, and that's nothing to say of Barry offing 2 metas in the first 2 episodes of season 2 and then never bringing that up. Not only that, but if you kill them now then they don't come back later on and that's something that pops up in almost every show. The fact that Ralph got his body snatched by Devoe at the end further justifies his argument, then maybe he'd still be around.

The fact that he also snatched the dark matter from Caitlin, effectively ending her Killer Frost persona is pretty damn dark, too, and then curb stomped all of them with ease. Brutal.

I kinda liked the Iris vs. Marlize fight and her call back to the courtroom and how she questioned if Iris was willing to do anything for her husband (again, she already killed Savitar last year so that counts). I didn't know Marlize was studying at the Jedi Academy all this time. Of course, given that she's still under the influence of mind control drugs I still think it's only a matter of time before she turns on Devoe. Iris personally allowing herself to be stabbed, non-fatally, was pretty gutsy.

All this being said, I personally think DeVoe has been the most dangerous and morally corrupt villain they've faced so far, between snatching bodies of metas and getting multiple powers, being 5 steps ahead at all times and not to mention drugging his wife over and over.

Comment

I agree, Barry's argument against killing Devoe made no sense. It's like he has a really selective memory and choose to ignore all those times when they did kill somebody. If anything he should've said something along the lines of: "Heroes (like you) should never think of killing as the first thing they do. Instead, it should only be a last resort when we already tried everything else."
        That would've made far more sense, especially in the context of the scene. Barry would be then saying that Ralph shouldn't become a murderous vigilante, because that's not who Ralph was. And at the same time he'd acknowledge that while killing as an whole was morally wrong, there was times when it was necessary.

and yes, Iris VS Marlize was the best part of the epidose for me too as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          I agree, Barry's argument against killing Devoe made no sense. It's like he has a really selective memory and choose to ignore all those times when they did kill somebody. If anything he should've said something along the lines of: "Heroes (like you) should never think of killing as the first thing they do. Instead, it should only be a last resort when we already tried everything else."
          That would've made far more sense, especially in the context of the scene. Barry would be then saying that Ralph shouldn't become a murderous vigilante, because that's not who Ralph was. And at the same time he'd acknowledge that while killing as an whole was morally wrong, there was times when it was necessary.
          Barry and Ralph talked about killing in defense and Barry argued that if he's planning to do it, it's not in defense. I think Barry and the team finds killing in defense acceptable for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            Barry and Ralph talked about killing in defense and Barry argued that if he's planning to do it, it's not in defense. I think Barry and the team finds killing in defense acceptable for them.
            Considering the end result of the episode, maybe they should've planned to do it from the start.

Comment

why does barry allen have to be so whiny this way? is he a super hero or not?!? most of the episodes he’s just soppy and whiny about how he’s not fast enough, how he’s not able to help much...omg...just be a man already

Comment

We've seen this a few times where Barry could've ended a villain's life a few episodes before the finale, but then they came up with dumb or silly decisions to extend it because they have a 23 episode season....Barry could've ended Zoom in less time; same with Savitar. This show doesn't really need 23 episodes; something like 13 episodes would be good so there's less filler and more to the point of defeating the main villain without finding useless ways to extend what needs to be done.

Less is more with this show.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎