No announcement yet.

Malware on this site?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware on this site?

I use an ad blocker, so I don't know if you have much ads to start with. But lately I keep on getting this annoying popup from my anti-virus program.

Ksite is the only place where I get this popup.

It says: "We've safely aborted connection on absenteb.beget.tech ad because it was infected with JS:Miner-L [Tri]."

I get this alert on every page I go on here... it's very annoying. If you would find a way to fix this, it'd be great.

Glad you brought this up.

I recently had an issue with Malwaresbytes where the scan just seemed to stall partway through with the timer simply continuing. Even rebooting and restarting the machine before running another scan just brought the scan back to its previous stall point, with the timer still running from the time when the original scan began! I couldn't find a solution online (one that made sense to non-programmers anyway) and my AV software detected no issues so I just uninstalled and re-installed Malwarebytes which fixed the scan issue. Doing that gives you the 14-day Premium trial with real time protection, and the same warning notes you've described keep coming up on every page on Ksite. I've not seen this warning on another other sites I've visited.

Looking up the absenteb.beget.tech info on the internet, it seems that it's from a Russian company based in St Petersburg, Russia. Read into that what you will.

Comment

Okay, it seems like they're trying to mine bitcoin and stuff by accessing servers or something?

the info I read up still list it as an highly malicious mining virus though. it mines info, etc. My antivirus is blocking it constantly all the time, so it hasn't gotten on my pc. But for others who are caught off guard without a good anti-virus it might be a good idea to hunt down any ads or whatnot responsible for this.

Comment

I understand the need to have an ad blocker but I need to ask you to PLEASE not employ them when browsing this site. I've been paying nearly $300 a month to keep the server up and if we're being totally honest I wasn't even able to pay the bill on time, and we're at a point with the Internet being what it is that eventually I won't be able to keep doing this at all. It's very harmful to the site's continuing for people to expect a free ride by blocking them. If you can turn the ad blockers off for this site I'd REALLY appreciate it.

With that said... I do try to do frequent scans for malware and at last glance, the site was free of it. If you do experience problems, be sure to share if it's just on the forum, on the main site, or any of the sub-sites so it can be diagnosed.

But PLEASE don't use ad blockers.

There are some sites that will actually not allow visits from people who employ them. I'd rather not be one of those sites.

Comment

From what I see, it's mainly just on the forums. when I go to the website outside of the forums I don't get that alert.

as for disabling adblockers on the site and the forums, I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback regarding whether it's the site or the forums. I will run a scan on the forums to be sure; Sucuri is not coming up with anything.

As for "I'll keep that in mind..." that response is very disappointing. It implies that you're okay with the notion that I am putting out money to ensure the site(s) can stay up. It's like going to a restaurant and eating the food and leaving because you don't feel like paying. It's very frustrating that someone I view as one of the nicest and most helpful posters still remaining here will only "keep it in mind." Makes me feel like you don't value the site at all....

Side note: If I could afford anything at all I'd hire someone to comb through every single detail of the site to look for malware more thoroughly than I am able to. I can't do that when I can barely afford to even keep the server paid on time! So, please, don't just "keep it in mind," don't do it. Feel free to use ad blockers on sites that suck though. Haha.

Comment

I've already disabled the ad blocker... sorry if you read my comment that way.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎