No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Good, The Bad & The Cuddly?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Good, The Bad & The Cuddly?"

What did you think of the Legends of Tomorrow season finale?
    10 - BEEBO WANTS CUDDLES
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Strange way to end the season.

I was right about Amaya leaving as she had return to the past in 1942 so that current Vixen Mari would be born.

If Damien Dahrk is gone, does that mean that Dinah Laurel was never killed by him in Arrow's 4th season?

Comment

So, as far as season finales go, this one was just. Plain. weird.
      Rip’s sacrifice for me was bittersweet; for most of the season, he got on my nerves, first by being a pain in the ass time cop to the legends, then by backstabbing everyone because he couldn’t trust anyone. Can’t say i’m sorry to see him go- the legends outgrew him.
      Also not sorry to see damian darkh go either. Unfortunately,nora lives, and given that brandon routh and courtney ford are married in real life, i can almost smell the potential romance between their characters. I’m not looking forward to that prospect.
      Knowing that we haven’t seen the last of vixen, i’m wondering why they decided to have kuasa and mari share the totems. Seriously, if the original actress isn’t coming back, just recast her for crying out loud.
      Then there’s jax , who never got the totem, never became firestorm again- honestly, other than nostalgia, why bring him back at all?
      Considering how formidable mallus was supposed to be, having the legends fight him as beebo was rather unconventional. Lastly, nate remains my least favorite legend; it seems he can’t be useful or funny unless he’s high on something. Do something else with him, will ya?
      Looking forward to next year with the myth and monsters theme!
      Last edited by protege; 04-09-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I can guarantee you that if you had a hundred different theories on how the climax would play out, all of them would be wrong.

The fact that the Legends secret weapon was to summon a giant Beebo doll to fight Mallus was WAAAAAYYYY out of left field. That was just bizarre and yet it was extremely entertaining and somehow fits with everything they do perfectly, which IMO makes it impossible to dislike this show. The writers were not pulling any punches at all.

A complaint I do have, however, is that Rip sacrificed himself to stop Mallus in the first 5 minutes of the show (even the title credits just showed up plainly) and then afterwards no one seems terribly broken up about it, in fact they almost forget about him entirely by the first commercial break. I guess I could chalk that up to Rip being manipulative, deceitful and such for all of this time.

Also I voted for the top option in the poll above because the tagline next to it was pure funny.

Comment

Summoned giant Beebo defeats Mallus in epic final battle. Legends of Tommorrow all I have to say is "Oh Brilliant!"
          I liked other characters from the past being back. Helen of Troy getting her Wonder Woman on.

Comment

Given the title, I was suspecting that Beebo would play some role in the climax. Not that I thought they were going to be summoning a giant Beebo. We saw Amaya create energy constructs of animals (that could attack people) in "Aruba-Con", so the idea that the totems could do this isn't something unprecedented.

It looks like they're trying to use Helen of Troy as a Wonder Woman stand-in. Naturally, they aren't allowed to use the real deal. However, Helen of Troy and Themyscira are from Greek mythology and can't be restricted/copyrighted. I like that they did something with a character, that originally came across as a boring one-off.

Not loving the western theme. At times it felt I was watching the most cliché western ever made. Nor did most of the fighting interest me. I was waiting for Mallus to show up and for the team to combine their totems. That fight was clearly coming. The other one was mostly filler.

We learn that Mallus is actually named Malice. In the comics, there is an Apokaliptian character named Malice Vundabar. Though, the name is probably just a coincidence. Unless they're, next season, gonna reveal that these "demons" are actually beings from the Fourth World, I don't see any point to Mallus revealing that he's actually named Malice.

Glad I never watched Vixen, as last week's changes to the timeline probably completely erased that series. I'm assuming Mari was never orphaned or adopted by an American couple. Instead she remained in Zambesi.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
              If Damien Dahrk is gone, does that mean that Dinah Laurel was never killed by him in Arrow's 4th season?
              No, this is Darhk after he killed Laurel (and was himself killed by Oliver).

Comment

Everyone else already pointed out the obvious weird/funny stuff. So I'll just point out that in the fight scene everyone seemed to be using plastic toy swords, which really took me out of the scene. It's hard to take a fight scene seriously when you know all the swords are fake. could it had hurt them to use realistic-looking sword props?

Bebo came out of nowwhere, but at the same time it kinda makes sense conidsering the sort of people The legends are. Of course they'd think of something werid when they tried to picture a pure being.

Comment

Only this show could pull off a final boss fight between an ancient demon and a newly introduced stuffed animal, and I'm certain the staff knew they created a meme when they introduced it back in episode 9, which leads me to wonder exactly what the actors' reactions were when they were filming this scene.

If I showed anyone this clip with no outside context, you'd never guess this was from a DC Comics-related show, in fact you'd never guess it at all.

Comment

This was the weakest of the 3 season finale for Legends thus far. I know Vandal Savage was a forgettable villain, but at least the stakes felt high in that one. In this season 3 finale, I never felt a sense of great danger for the team and it just seemed like a very bland and flat finish to the season. It did open the door for Constantine's main regular status for season 4 but overall, it was sort of a bland way to end season 3. This show is still my favorite of the Arrowverse shows by miles, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎