No announcement yet.

#7.16 "Breadcrumbs"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7.16 "Breadcrumbs"

Well, I was about to write this episode off as another bore, but the las act really saved it.

As soon as I saw the empty trunk of Henry's car and that shot of the car door as it closed, I knew he was being kidnapped by Nick.

I actually can't wait to see what happens next.

I did like the scene with Henry/Ella at the lake. It was really sweet.

The rest of it was just ok. Hook-centric episodes/flashbacks just don't work. Tthe conflicts in the episode felt so forced and contrived, too.

They made Sabine look really stupid, too. Are we really supposed to believe that she never thought to give customers free samples?

Anyway, it was ok.

What did everybody else think?

Liked the bit with Tilly getting a job and Hook walking her to it. Found it a bit funny, as this is a father walking his daughter to her first day of work, but neither know of their connection to each other.

Have they run out interesting thing to do for the flashbacks? The plot of Henry being obsessed with having an amazing story for Cinderella's wedding ring seems silly. Who cares about the story of a wedding ring? Most people just buy them in a store. Wouldn't him getting a ring from a dragon's lair be amazing enough? Does it matter that he didn't slay a dragon? Which he mostly seems to wanna do, because both Emma and Charming slayed dragons. So, he's got something to prove.

Nice to see that the witch killing plot might finally be paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Liked the bit with Tilly getting a job and Hook walking her to it. Found it a bit funny, as this is a father walking his daughter to her first day of work, but neither know of their connection to each other.
      Yeah, the fact that Hook has not been woken up is ridiculous at this point. The same goes for Henry. I hope we get some payoff in that department sooner than later.

Have they run out interesting thing to do for the flashbacks? The plot of Henry being obsessed with having an amazing story for Cinderella's wedding ring seems silly. Who cares about the story of a wedding ring? Most people just buy them in a store. Wouldn't him getting a ring from a dragon's lair be amazing enough? Does it matter that he didn't slay a dragon? Which he mostly seems to wanna do, because both Emma and Charming slayed dragons. So, he's got something to prove.
      I agree. I get what they were trying to do with those scenes, but it was overkill. All it did was make Henry seem more pathetic than he actually was...

Nice to see that the witch killing plot might finally be paid off.
      Speaking of that, I'm pretty sure this version of Hansel is at least partially based on the Hansel & Gretl: Witch Hunters movie.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎