No announcement yet.

#5.15 "Rise and Shine"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.15 "Rise and Shine"

Interesting to get some backstory on present day Hydra members. So, they (or at least many of them) aren't just random people recruited, but people who've been indoctrinated since childhood. I found myself feeling a little sorry for them.

There'll probably be some additional twist to the lineage of Ruby. Wouldn't surprise me, if the paternal DNA turns out to have come from a certain Mr. Johann Schmidt (Hydra probably had some of his blood stored somewhere).

You had to feel sorry for Hale. She was the best recruit of the bunch yet she ended up having to conceive/serve as a vessel for the child that would be Hydra’s super soldier (Ruby).

So the “Destroyer of Worlds” (as Whitehall nicknamed the super soldier program) was supposed to be Ruby but Hale had other plans namely, Daisy. It seems like no matter what they do, the future they’re trying to save is going to happen one way or another. So it will be interesting to see how they resolve it, if the series gets renewed.

Originally posted by jon-el87
    There'll probably be some additional twist to the lineage of Ruby. Wouldn't surprise me, if the paternal DNA turns out to have come from a certain Mr. Johann Schmidt (Hydra probably had some of his blood stored somewhere).
    I assumed Ruby’s father was Baron Von Strucker, that’s why Hale shot him during the confrontation with Ruby. After 28yrs serving the old Hydra regime she finally eliminated the last piece of that old organization in order to start fresh with a new/improved organization...Hale Hydra!!!

I’m glad Jemma told Fitz about Deke. The best line of the night was with Fitz proclaiming...“Our daughter is going to marry some space goon and give birth to a Deke!” I hate when shows end an episode on a cliffhanger only to address said cliffhanger two episodes later (usually they place a filler episode in between). So I’m glad they addressed it, even if it was at the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      I assumed Ruby’s father was Baron Von Strucker, that’s why Hale shot him during the confrontation with Ruby.
      That wasn't von Strucker. That was the guy who was in charge of the school. Strucker was killed by Ultron in AoU.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        That wasn't von Strucker. That was the guy who was in charge of the school. Strucker was killed by Ultron in AoU.
        Oh, ok but, I still assume it’s Strucker because of their rivalry. Even if there’s no mention of Ruby’s father, it’s still pretty obvious/predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I assumed Ruby’s father was Baron Von Strucker
          That's my assumption as well. Either that or Whitehall himself was the 'donor'.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎