0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

An important episode as Thea sets off with Nyssa and Roy to right Malcolm Merlyn's wrongs thus writing her off the show. We want to thank Willa Holland for giving us 6 seasons of Speedy.

Comment

Heard that Thea rode off with Nyssa and Roy. And there she goes. The last, apart from Oliver, link this show had with the mythos it's supposed to be serving. I don't count Tina (who became "Dinah Drake" with zero background overnight) or E2 Laurel (who either will die or will be used as a Laurel Lance proxy to make up for the screw up 2 years ago). It's amazing how quick this show was to cut ties with all the characters that were linked to its origins (for reference's sake, Thea-Roy-The Huntress are off screen, Dark Archer and Black Canary are dead and Connor Hawke became William). All to make room for the Felicities, the Curtises and the Tinas of this show. And yes, Willa did ask to leave after season 6, but it's not like they were doing anything of note with Thea after season 3...

Pity Thea, Nyssa and Roy's adventures won't be some kind of spin off. That's an Arrow show I would have tuned into again.
      Last edited by costas22; 03-30-2018, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but this will be the last Arrow episode I'm ever going to watch. Thea and Nyssa were the only likable characters left on the show and now that they're both gone for good, there's no point in me sticking around. I couldn't care less what happens to Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Curtis, Dinah, Quentin, Black Siren or Rene. They're all one or two-dimensional characters and the writers aren't interested in developing any of them. Even if something truly life-altering takes place (e.g. Diggle killing his brother, Felicity getting riddled with bullets and ending up in a wheelchair, Black Siren killing Dinah's lover in front of her eyes), the characters may go crazy for an episode or two and then we're right back to the status quo and it's almost as if said life-altering event never happened at all.

Comment

They did with Thea what they did with Roy in S3. Roy was interesting til S3 ... then he was stuck in a holding pattern character-wise until the final act when he became the Hood's "sin eater" as it were, and left.

With Thea, she got interesting in S3 and then ... she got stuck in a holding pattern too. And after two more seasons and WH's part time status, giving her a sendoff where she lives and has a purpose is likely the best route left. Not as good or as series mythos-defining as Roy's S3 sacrificial exit, but certainly better than Malcolm's.

Thea and Nyssa's adventures would be cool to see, but it would basically be another show. I could see them pick up this plot thread on a show like LoT or even in some final season of Arrow. If not, then it'll have to serve as Thea's (overdue) sendoff. And, like Malcolm becoming Ra's and later joining LoD, it is a means to extend the shelf life of a character whose past due date is upon her. If they weren't going to do anything relevant with her over the past two seasons, it was time to cut bait this year. Quentin is in a similar boat, and dare I say Diggle, if they don't do anything with them. Soon.

I'm guessing the newbies going off on their own mission is how the splintered Team Arrow will function, and in a practical sense it should be like this. The Arrowcave was always too crowded. I agree that they don't do enough in developing the newbies. The civil war was supoosed to get this job done, but it was poorly executed. They were afraid to make OTA look bad, or to make NTA look good ... the result being that everyone is navel-gazing and no one is keeping their eyes on the big picture. Dragon and BS are going to have field day messing with these guys.

But this is by no means endorsing OTA, as their journey storywise has not been riveting to me at all this year. A lot of rehashed themes with those three: Oliver wants to play nicer with others, but can't. Diggle is experiencing some sort of identity crisis. And Felicity cracks codes and pep talks/parents Oliver, Diggle ... and now, William. *snooze* To be fair, William does still need adult supervision. And Diggle should have a crisis of conscience -- though not the ego-centric "I want to be GA" one TPTB are running with. Shouldn't he be more concerned abocut his dangerous night job vs. his duty as father to Baby Junior? When's that going to hit the fan?

I'm puzzled by Oliver and Diggle's confusion over who gets to be GA. I thought Diggle was cool being Spartan again? Two steps forward, one step back. I never really bought Diggle's late inning feelings of regret at not being GA, they seem to come out of nowhere this year. Supposedly he settled his issues with the HIVE/Andy arc, but I guess he really does want to be GA -- including embracing the prolonged identity crises that come with it.
          Last edited by President_Luthor; 03-30-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Heard that Thea rode off with Nyssa and Roy. And there she goes. The last, apart from Oliver, link this show had with the mythos it's supposed to be serving. I don't count Tina (who became "Dinah Drake" with zero background overnight) or E2 Laurel (who either will die or will be used as a Laurel Lance proxy to make up for the screw up 2 years ago). It's amazing how quick this show was to cut ties with all the characters that were linked to its origins (for reference's sake, Thea-Roy-The Huntress are off screen, Dark Archer and Black Canary are dead and Connor Hawke became William). All to make room for the Felicities, the Curtises and the Tinas of this show. And yes, Willa did ask to leave after season 6, but it's not like they were doing anything of note with Thea after season 3...
            Don't forget about Dig who has some GA complex and now wants to wear green. Maybe he should train archery first. But I guess Green Arrow not shooting any arrows is not much of a problem.

But srsly, what has happened with good ol' Dig?

With Thea removed pernamentely, "Arrow" indeed lost the last link with its roots. Last of Oliver's anchorpoints gone. But he has OTA and Felicity, so everything is going to fine, right?

Pity Thea, Nyssa and Roy's adventures won't be some kind of spin off. That's an Arrow show I would have tuned into again.
            Talk President Luthor into writing some short fic.

One thing I would like to know is if Black Siren studied law? Is she somehow qualified to aspire to take Laurel's place as DA? Or they just going to solve it as usual, by not talking about that?

Originally posted by President_Luthor
            I'm puzzled by Oliver and Diggle's confusion over who gets to be GA. I thought Diggle was cool being Spartan again? Two steps forward, one step back. I never really bought Diggle's late inning feelings of regret at not being GA, they seem to come out of nowhere this year. Supposedly he settled his issues with the HIVE/Andy arc, but I guess he really does want to be GA -- including embracing the prolonged identity crises that come with it.
            I see next candidate for a therapy. They need to solve their issues by fists then they can have a drink together, and everything will be fine.

But srsly, S1/S2 Dig actually said multiple times that running around the city in a leather costume is not his thing. But it was eons ago. Pre-organic era, Hoodean & Arrowhean.

Comment

Let's see... written off Thea, and they gave Oliver a 'wife and kid' to try and make up for this (Guggie's words). Doubt Nyssa will show up again since she's now traveling with Thea and Roy to destroy the remaining Lazarus Pits. Which, BTW, is hilarious they introduce this reality now only to decide, "Okay, let's wipe them out" and not one mention of using one to bring back the real Laurel (I kinda like Black Siren but we don't KNOW if she will decide to join the hero's side or not in the end).

Felicity acting like an insecure teenage girl because Nyssa is trolling her. Hey, Felicity, you do remember Nyssa is a LESBIAN, right? Are you that pathetic?

Ooh, NTA drama... oh, and Curtis' new LI is the cop that talked to Dinah earlier this season about disliking vigilantes, and that'll be a thing in the next episode by the sounds of the description.

Promo for next week equates to "John Diggle, a grown man in his late 30s/early 40s, embraces his inner teenage girl and whines about not getting a particular outfit." PASS!

Literally the only good thing in this episode was the Roy-Thea scenes, Nyssa trolling FeFe, and Oliver owning the Guild members in a 3 on 1 fight while everyone else struggled. Oh, and the mention that while Black SIren is as messy as E-1 Laurel (huh? I seem to remember her being fairly neat!) she can cook better (which isn't saying much since E-1 Laurel could apparently burn water or something).

I give this a... 2. And that's purely because Nyssa trolling FeFe moves it up from a 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                Don't forget about Dig who has some GA complex and now wants to wear green. Maybe he should train archery first. But I guess Green Arrow not shooting any arrows is not much of a problem.

But srsly, what has happened with good ol' Dig?

With Thea removed pernamentely, "Arrow" indeed lost the last link with its roots. Last of Oliver's anchorpoints gone. But he has OTA and Felicity, so everything is going to fine, right?
                Apparently Guggenheim saw Thea's departure as a way to do away with all of Oliver's past support systems. That's what I got from his interview. Of course Felicity will always be there. God forbid she's not propped up at Oliver's expense...

Sadly I don't have much of an opinion about what's happened with Diggle or with the Team Arrow civil war this season. I've just heard of very few bits and pieces. To me, these storylines just feel like stalling because the writers have run out of ideas for Oliver and co. And by next season all these issues will magically get fixes. One of the most frustrating things about Arrow is that characters develop, regress, develop again, regress again, etc etc. Oliver, Quentin and Diggle have all been victims of this. Like shadow08 said, it's hard to believe the severity of these storylines when the show keeps returning to the status quo without any concequences.

The only thing that surprises me is that they had Tina join Curtis and Rene as the whiny Team Waa-rrow. Of course Guggie wanted #OTA to be on their own and to be portrayed as the good guys of the storyline, but doesn't he care that Tina is made to look bad in this (from what I've read)? This character is his creation and he was supposedly committed to developing her and having her become the iconic Black Canary for the rest of the series. From what I gather, it feels like once again a Black Canary had to take a backseat to Felicity on this show. Which is why Arrow should be without a Black Canary...

Talk President Luthor into writing some short fic.

One thing I would like to know is if Black Siren studied law? Is she somehow qualified to aspire to take Laurel's place as DA? Or they just going to solve it as usual, by not talking about that?
                Oh, I would gladly read a script of PL's before watching an episode written by Guggenheim and Mericle ever again!

Don't know if during this season they have delved into Black Siren's past at all, but from what I understood last year, her life on Earth-2 was similar to Earth-1 Laurel's until Earth-2 Oliver, her boyfriend, died. So maybe Earth-2 Laurel was studying law before she became Black Siren.

Comment

100% on board with you @costas. These were three of my favorite characters in their respective hay-days. I would rather watch a spin off of the three of them. Oliver might be about the only person I would miss at this point.

Comment

Apparently it was also revealed that Felicity can now add the title of "The World's Greatest Mathemathician" to her already impressive CV! Surely that comment must have been made in jest??? Otherwise I fear that the Guggenmeister and his writing team are more deranged (or more overtaken by their humongous Felicity love jones) than I could ever imagine!
                    Last edited by evaba; 03-31-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Indeed. Add Slade Wilson and Anatoly and you have my dream team for a Deathstroke spin off of Arrow (with recurring characters like Talia al Gul).

Comment

Indeed. I really don't see what is all the fuss about Dig being Green Arrow. Why Green Arrow? Makes no sense to me for all the reasons you gave.

Comment

I did like this ep again, after some not so good ones. Mainly because of Nyssa, of course, and I will surely miss her saying "husband". I also enjoyed her saying "sister-wife" to Felicity - threw me right back into "Wheel of Time". Why did they have her divorce Oliver? I though it was a really neat and new and fun triangle with Nyssa being more interested in Felicity, but being friends and loyal to Oliver. I mean, they have all this gay relationships but can't have Oliver been married to two women? Too new or too old or too different an idea ?

Having Thea written off to Offscreenville is a disappointment of course but as the actress wanted it, okay. It was a good ending, her and Roy together again going adventuring. Tell me when someone writes a fanfic about this.

In this season I do like William and Anatoly. Even Felicity is much better when with William. The OTA against NTA is a bit strange a concept. Especially as they all in NTA seem to think Oliver should not only be a hero but a god. Perfect instead of a human with quirks and flaws. The logic beats me.

I expect Black Siren to be redeemed. She practically was already, if only for the audience to see. She indeed intended to give Oliver the money, and then wanted to start a new life.

All in all this was an episode I liked to watch. Both the bad-cop hunting and the treasure hunting were plots I enjoyed.

Comment

I"m going to miss Thea so much. This was the kind of Arrow episode that I watch the show for and get too little of. I know that Katrina Law is on two other shows, and Colton Haynes and Willa Holland asked to leave but the new characters can't hold a candle to those three.

I also really liked Nyssa messing with Oliver and Felicity about being "married" to Oliver. That's the humor I enjoy on the show.

Nice to have Rene off screen for a few episodes so Thea could have room for a storyline. I wish Curtis and Dinah had joined him. I have no interest in Curtis or his new boyfriend. And Dinah still is thinking she's the bestest ever and doesn't need to listen to anyone else.

Heard that Thea rode off with Nyssa and Roy. And there she goes. The last, apart from Oliver, link this show had with the mythos it's supposed to be serving. I don't count Tina (who became "Dinah Drake" with zero background overnight) or E2 Laurel (who either will die or will be used as a Laurel Lance proxy to make up for the screw up 2 years ago). It's amazing how quick this show was to cut ties with all the characters that were linked to its origins (for reference's sake, Thea-Roy-The Huntress are off screen, Dark Archer and Black Canary are dead and Connor Hawke became William). All to make room for the Felicities, the Curtises and the Tinas of this show. And yes, Willa did ask to leave after season 6, but it's not like they were doing anything of note with Thea after season 3....
                            Thea was never an original comics character. Like Diggle,Robert, Moira, Quentin, Sara, and Felicity, she was created for the TV show.

The only original comics characters were Oliver, Tommy, Laurel and Roy.

I'm really going to miss Thea, and this episode showed why Arrow was so much better when Thea and Roy were still on the team. They cared about the Team more than about their own egos and they were much better fighters than Rene or Curtis or having a meta on the team.

I think the show took a huge leap down when Thea got sidelined to showcase Rene, Curtis and Dinah, who are there because they're from the comic books and not because they're good characters. After this season's horrible Civil War wannabe plot, I think all three of them should leave permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by katakombs
                              Thea was never an original comics character. Like Diggle,Robert, Moira, Quentin, Sara, and Felicity, she was created for the TV.
                              Thea was roughly inspired by Mia Dearden, but in this paricular case some ideas from the show influenced the comics - Oliver never had a sister. Emiko appeared after Thea debuted in the show. It's difficult to say though if it was a mere coincidence (just like the case with Tommy Merlyn), or the comics and the show inspired each other.

Quentin appeared in the comics, although he had never met GA. It's clear for me though that they've taken a page both from "The Longbow Hunters" (Lieutant James Cameron) and from Batman (Gordon's and Batman's relationship).

Originally posted by katakombs
                              I think the show took a huge leap down when Thea got sidelined to showcase Rene, Curtis and Dinah, who are there because they're from the comic books and not because they're good characters. After this season's horrible Civil War wannabe plot, I think all three of them should leave permanently.
                              Rene was the best addition in S5 IMO. Pity that organic writing [tm] ruined him, but since I don't watch S6 it doesn't bother me that much. Then again adding new characters when one has no idea what to do with the old ones, obviously couldn't resolve "Arrow's" problem.

One thing is certain - Thea's and Oliver's relationship is the only one that never got ruined by writers/showrunners. A big achivement for them.

Sadly I don't have much of an opinion about what's happened with Diggle or with the Team Arrow civil war this season. I've just heard of very few bits and pieces. To me, these storylines just feel like stalling because the writers have run out of ideas for Oliver and co. And by next season all these issues will magically get fixes. One of the most frustrating things about Arrow is that characters develop, regress, develop again, regress again, etc etc. Oliver, Quentin and Diggle have all been victims of this. Like shadow08 said, it's hard to believe the severity of these storylines when the show keeps returning to the status quo without any concequences.
                              I also read only bits and pieces. Then after facepalm I'm back to going about my own business.

Oh, I would gladly read a script of PL's before watching an episode written by Guggenheim and Mericle ever again!
                              The sad thing is that they've both are capable of writing good stuff - if they want. Guggenheim cowrote "Broken Dolls" and Mericle - "Draw Back Your Bow" that are among my favorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎