No announcement yet.

#7.14 "The Girl in the Tower"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7.14 "The Girl in the Tower"

This episode felt like a big waste of time to me.

It was the opposite of last week: Better present-day, mediocre flashbacks.

Seeing Emma's car was a cool nod to the past.

It irked me that Robin's smartphone worked in TEF, though. Do they even care about trying to explain anything anymore?

The only plot that interested me was the one with Regina/Facillier, the rest of it was just a chore to sit through.

At least, that's what I thought.

What did everybody else think?

Originally posted by Aries83
    Seeing Emma's car was a cool nod to the past.
    I thought that by now they would have called it Herbie

It irked me that Robin's smartphone worked in TEF, though. Do they even care about trying to explain anything anymore?
    I keep feeling like there’s a whole Robin story arc that we’re missing; like she mentioned she was a “mean girl” back in Storybrooke.

The only plot that interested me was the one with Regina/Facillier, the rest of it was just a chore to sit through.
    Unfortunately, we’re not going to be seeing any real relationship development between those two. They have to wrap things up.

Comment

Liked the interaction between Alice and Robin. Thought the bit with Tilly trying to read about Robin Hood, then Margot/Robin showing up and revealing that her favorite book is Alice in Wonderland was sweet. Even cursed, the two are drawn to each other.

Thought it was a bit odd that Alice could wish trolls and cars into existence, but then I remembered that her mom's a witch (so, she might've inherited some of her magic).

I am getting confused about what realm the flashbacks are supposed to take place in. Alice is supposed to be the daughter of the Wish Realm Hook. So, surely, that's where this tower should exist. Yet, here its within driving distance of where the other characters are (which I thought was in another realm). So, is this a new realm or are they in the Wish Realm? I'm asking because this realm is inhabited by alternate versions of some characters we've met in the past (Cinderella, Lady Tremaine and her daughters), but played by new actors, while the Wish Realm was inhabited by characters, who were played by the same actors as before (only in make-up to age them up a bit). Meaning, if this is the Wish Realm, Cinderella and the others would be played by the same actors as before (and Regina would be hunted for the murders of Charming and Snow).

To be fair, all she did was show some photos on it (that were probably already stored in the phone). It's not like she used the internet on it or made a phone call. The only question is how come her battery's still charged? Which is probably the result of magic. Given all the things we've seen magic do, why couldn't magic be used to charge/keep a smartphones charged permanently?

To me, that was the least interesting bit.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 03-24-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        I keep feeling like there’s a whole Robin story arc that we’re missing; like she mentioned she was a “mean girl” back in Storybrooke.
        That's ok with me. Her storyline feels underdeveloped/rushed at the same time.

Originally posted by jon-el87
        I am getting confused about what realm the flashbacks are supposed to take place in. Alice is supposed to be the daughter of the Wish Realm Hook. So, surely, that's where this tower should exist. Yet, here its within driving distance of where the other characters are (which I thought was in another realm). So, is this a new realm or are they in the Wish Realm? I'm asking because this realm is inhabited by alternate versions of some characters we've met in the past (Cinderella, Lady Tremaine and her daughters), but played by new actors, while the Wish Realm was inhabited by characters, who were played by the same actors as before (only in make-up to age them up a bit). Meaning, if this is the Wish Realm, Cinderella and the others would be played by the same actors as before (and Regina would be hunted for the murders of Charming and Snow).
        The Wish Realm is a duplicate version of the original EF, as far as I understand. So, you're right: The flashbacks took place in the EF within the Wish Realm. The storyline with alt Regina and alt Charmings is separate from the current storyline, but concurrent in that those versions of the characters still exist and their story is still unfolding.

The only question is how come her battery's still charged? Which is probably the result of magic. Given all the things we've seen magic do, why couldn't magic be used to charge/keep a smartphones charged permanently?
        Well, yeah, but the problem with smartphones from 2018 working would be that they literally haven't been invented yet so they wouldn't work in that time period. I just find it funny that they haven't addressed it. I'm not losing sleep over it, though...

To me, that was the least interesting bit.
        Regina is my favorite so I always like anything to do with her.

Comment

It has been assumed that the realm inhabited by Rapunzel Tremaine, her daughters Anastasia and Drizella, Ella, Tiana, Gothel, etc. is a different place from Misthaven, the location that has been broadly referred to as the Enchanted Forest, but there is mounting evidence to suggest that such is not actually the case.

The Wish Realm IS a different realm from Misthaven, as confirmed by Wish Hook in A Pirate's Life and The Evil Queen in Eloise Gardner, and, this far, only two of the flashbacks we've seen have taken place there:
          - Wish Hook's interactions with his crew and The Evil Queen in "Eloise Gardner"
          - Wish Hook's interactions with Rumplestiltskin and Captain Ahab in "Knightfall".

Everything else has taken place in what has been referred to as the "New Enchanted Forest" but, as noted, may in fact be the same place as Misthaven .

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎