0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad, Iris, Bad

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidMike View Post
    For those complaints about Barry not being able to think or fend for himself, I would like to point out that he successfully MacGyver'ed his way out of the meta prison complex back when he was still in jail a few episodes ago, pretty much breaking him and the other prisoners free. Mind you, with no powers or no job, just basic engineering. In fact the whole time he was in jail it was him taking care of himself, and fighting with hardened inmates.

He's also stopped time twice this season, or rather moved so fast that he can freeze the world around him, something he couldn't do before.

He also held his own against Thawne in the crossover several times, even had him dead to rights in the final part of the crossover but decided against killing him.

This is also nothing to say of him learning not to use time travel as a go-to solution all the time.
    And that is something we'd like to see more out of Barry when he's the flash. Instead of having Barry go "What now, guys?" every time he has to fight a bad guy or save somebody.

I'm guessing you forget the episodes where he didn't get to show off how smart he really was. Like when he had to battle Solovar in Gorilla city. He was moving slowly like a dumb lug, not knowing what to do at all. and everyone in the cages literally had to tell him what to do for him to win. That was the downside of such a great ep.

It's just frustrating when you get this Barry who can CSI the hell out of a crime scene and even can use his brain to set up a jailbreak... but the minute he turns into the Flash its' like he suddenly transforms into this stupid lug who can't do anything unless somebody tells him what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Moon View Post
    And that is something we'd like to see more out of Barry when he's the flash. Instead of having Barry go "What now, guys?" every time he has to fight a bad guy or save somebody.

I'm guessing you forget the episodes where he didn't get to show off how smart he really was. Like when he had to battle Solovar in Gorilla city. He was moving slowly like a dumb lug, not knowing what to do at all. and everyone in the cages literally had to tell him what to do for him to win. That was the downside of such a great ep.

It's just frustrating when you get this Barry who can CSI the hell out of a crime scene and even can use his brain to set up a jailbreak... but the minute he turns into the Flash its' like he suddenly transforms into this stupid lug who can't do anything unless somebody tells him what to do.
    It's like the trope for Barry knowing what to do zig-zags depending on the episode, one week he'll do something on his own, the other week he always needs help, though it also depends on the severity and kind of threat.

New In Town
    @HalJordan4184 Very much agree that Iris' leadership role seems entirely forced. I do wish they had given her a little more time to develop as a reporter. Say what you will about Smallville, but they really made you buy Cloe as a journalist. As someone who really cared about it and would get herself in trouble digging into a story. Iris' stint as a reporter barely seemed like a footnote and there really isn't much to make her stand out as a leader. One thing I will give the writers though. If they had created a bunch of drama around Iris giving up "her" powers I'd have really hated the episode. The way they ended it made me respect both characters (Iris and Barry) more than I did at the start, so props on that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12