No announcement yet.

#4.13 "A Beautiful Darkness"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.13 "A Beautiful Darkness"

Talk about tonight's episode of Gotham here!

I thought this episode was a big improvement over last week.

I'm not sure how I feel just yet about Ivy avenging plants, but the plot made for some good scenes for Bruce. It was nice to see al Ghul, too (or should I say Dr. Greenthumb? )

The scenes with Oswald/Jerome were good, but not as good as the preview made them out to be. The highlight, surprisigly, was Nygma inspiring Oswald to try and find his way out.

I liked the final scene between Gordon/Bruce and was very happy he reached out to Alfred. It loos like it's still going to be a bumpy road for them, but—hopefully—they are done with Bratty Bruce for good.

I'm not sure what they're planning with Ivy, but I hope it's good, because they can only go so far with her trying to save plants before it becomes repetitive.

Anyway, I thought it was a really good episode.

What did everybody else think?

Comment

It's the weirdest thing. I'm as infatuated with Ivy as everyone else in this episode and I'm certain she didn't spray me with her potion. In all seriousness, it's an ok storyline but it does run the risk of becoming repetitive. It just occured to me that Peyton List has portrayed 3 differenct DC characters in her career (Lucy Lane, Golden Glider and Poison Ivy). That must be some kind of record!

The episode as a whole dragged at times, but I think it did a good job of moving the storylines forward. Ivy's game plan is unraveling, Bruce is FINALLY turning a corner (that vision where he was faceless was creepy!) and Penguin's relationship with Jerome is evolving. Mind you, I wasn't a fan of every scene at Arkham Asylum, but I'm still excited about where this storyline is headed. And of course we can't discount that Penguin also seems connected to the Riddler in some form.

Sofia meeting Lee was peculiar. Don't know if I'm the only one, but I completely forgot they are sisters in law. I just hope this doesn't lead to the predictable route of Sofia using Lee to hurt Jim, Jim saving Lee and the two of them reuniting.

Comment

I honestly thought that Gotham was speeding up the development of characters too fast for my tastes.

Truthfully, this was not how I wanted Bruce to find himself on the path to being batman. I also wanted Alfred to be the one to save Bruce, not Jim.
        I think it would had been far more meaningful If Bruce found himself dying all alone in that mansion and Alfred was the one to save him.... showing Bruce just how much he really needed Alfred. and that Alfred would always be there for him, because they're family. I think that would had cemented Alfred's and Bruce's relationship in the gotham/batman mythos here.
        Plus, it would also help Bruce feel bad for acting like such an ******* to the remaining family member he had left... and face it Alfred does count as family.

and I'm not a big fan of the Sofia scenes. It just reminds me that Jim didn't really earn his position in the Gotham police dept, and that in many ways he's just as dirty as the rest of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          It's the weirdest thing. I'm as infatuated with Ivy as everyone else in this episode and I'm certain she didn't spray me with her potion.

Bruce is FINALLY turning a corner (that vision where he was faceless was creepy!)
          I know! So was the ivy sprouting out of the Wayne Enterprises guy that was killed in the opening...

I just hope this doesn't lead to the predictable route of Sofia using Lee to hurt Jim, Jim saving Lee and the two of them reuniting.
          I agree, especially after they've been apart this long already. However, and this may sound strange coming from me, but: I hope Leslie beats the s*** out of Falcone... At this point, if Thompkins is running a gang, it'd be pointless to have her be a damsel in distress.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          I also wanted Alfred to be the one to save Bruce, not Jim.
          I didn't mind, but that's only because we've gotten less Bruce/Gordon scenes since Sofia arrived.

To me, I thought it spoke volumes that Alfred was the first person he called after getting the antidote. I'm sure Alfred will be stern, but forgive him in time.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          I'm not a big fan of the Sofia scenes. It just reminds me that Jim didn't really earn his position in the Gotham police dept, and that in many ways he's just as dirty as the rest of them are.
          Yeah, that is something they're going to have to resolve. I'd hate for this one thing to undo all the progress Gordon has made with the department.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            I know! So was the ivy sprouting out of the Wayne Enterprises guy that was killed in the opening...
            Tell me about it. The writers just can't help themselves with this stuff. Mind you, I stopped eating while watching the show a while back, but it would be nice if we went one episode without something gory.

Originally posted by Aries83
            I agree, especially after they've been apart this long already. However, and this may sound strange coming from me, but: I hope Leslie beats the s*** out of Falcone... At this point, if Thompkins is running a gang, it'd be pointless to have her be a damsel in distress.
            Well, if there is a catfight, my money would be on Lee anyway. Who knows though. Maybe they will become partners, lol.

Comment

if there is a catfight, my money would be on Lee anyway. Who knows though. Maybe they will become partners, lol.
              I'd love for Lee to deck her! Then again, with all the fake hair Lee is sporing, Falcone might have a field day balding her...

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎