No announcement yet.

#5.11 "All the Comforts of Home"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.11 "All the Comforts of Home"

Our heroes return to the present. Wasn't expecting Deke to come with them, but I like it. Looks like the lighthouse is going to become their new HQ. Granted, this is partly them trying to use existing sets, rather than having to spend money to construct brand-new ones. But, the set re-use doesn't feel as blatant of a cost saving, like it can sometimes on shows. Here, it makes sense that they'd try to make use of this existing facility, that not even S.H.I.E.L.D. itself remembers existing.

The Ruby character was more interesting, than I expected her to be. And her mother is putting together a team. Could this lead to Thunderbolts? I don't see them using that team in the movies.

Originally posted by jon-el87
    Our heroes return to the present. Wasn't expecting Deke to come with them, but I like it.
    I'm glad they are back in their time. The future storyline was dragging on a little too long, IMO. And I'm not happy about Deke coming back with them. I liked the idea of his 'noble' sacrifice. now it seems like it was in vain?

The Ruby character was more interesting, than I expected her to be. And her mother is putting together a team. Could this lead to Thunderbolts? I don't see them using that team in the movies.
    I found her fairly bland, myself. Though I do like the idea of the General putting together a team to capture SHIELD.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      I'm glad they are back in their time. The future storyline was dragging on a little too long, IMO. And I'm not happy about Deke coming back with them. I liked the idea of his 'noble' sacrifice. now it seems like it was in vain?
      The future we saw is clearly going to be undone. Personally, I didn't bother getting too invested in any of the people we met there, as none of it will matter in the end. That Deke ends up in the present, means that there is some remains of that future and the whole thing wasn't just pointless filler. Otherwise, why bother having them go into the future, if they can just be alerted about the coming destruction of Earth?

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      I found her fairly bland, myself.
      I should perhaps note, that I went into the episode expecting her (based on how she had been described) as just some teenage girl, who thinks Daisy is awesome... Because this is AoS and everything has to revolve around Daisy. So, I was expecting an extremely uninteresting (if not outright annoying) character. The reveal that she's a trained soldier and probably the product of some military experiment makes her a bit interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        The future we saw is clearly going to be undone. Otherwise, why bother having them go into the future, if they can just be alerted about the coming destruction of Earth?
        I agree. I didn't get too invested in the new people either, because I figured that future would be averted. That's why I'm a bit surprised that Deke ended up in the past. They usually only do that with 'important' or 'beloved' characters (fan faves, that sort of thing). I didn't get that from Deke. But maybe he is important or will be later? Not sure. I just hope that it won't revolve around Daisy.

I should perhaps note, that I went into the episode expecting her (based on how she had been described) as just some teenage girl, who thinks Daisy is awesome... Because this is AoS and everything has to revolve around Daisy. So, I was expecting an extremely uninteresting (if not outright annoying) character. The reveal that she's a trained soldier and probably the product of some military experiment makes her a bit interesting.
        I thought she was going turn out to side with SHIELD and maybe be the team's inside mole on info about her mother. Or that she would turn out to be Inhuman as well and that was why she looked up to Daisy. The 'sullen teenager turns out to be a secret butt-kicker' thing? That's not interesting to me, personally, when I figure there were so many other ways it could have gone. But, as you said, at least she's not annoying or uninteresting.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎