0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Truly Bad
    0%

I feel weird about the episode. It was entertaining but I'm kinda mixed about a lot of things.

Comment

I don't know how to feel after this episode. I guess it's just filler again. But, I'm really creeped out by Devoe more than anything. He's not so much menacing anymore as reckless and ultra cocky. The last scene with him dancing with his wife felt so weird. Not because it was another woman. But, he's just running amuck so-to-speak. Like someone that has so much power that he really doesn't care about the consequences and is ultimately bored. The episode didn't click for me. I don't have an exact idea of what Devoe is planning, but it feels less important in the grand scheme of things now if this is what Devoe is going to be like.

The whole Dibny shape-shifting aspects of the episode were interesting, but ultimately dull and uninspiring. There's not much humor you can get out of Dibny anymore. It starts to get repetitive. They used his abilities to get Barry out of prison which was cool. It wasn't something I was expecting.

I don't know... I had such high hopes for this season. It certainly is better than last season. But, I'm really not feeling this Devoe at all. You're basically starting to give away what his downfall will look like. If it isn't a cerebral inhibitor, then it will certainly be his wife to come up with something. She fears him. I don't know. I'm disappointed.

Comment

Did the first actor for Davoe quit or had other pressing commitments? Or in the comics does Davoe switch bodies a lot? I ask because the first actor for Davoe was really great and the last 2, are pretty much bland in comparison. I really don't like the body switching going on but yeah, Davoe is beginning to show signs of cracking. His cockiness will be his undoing in the end and it did allow for Barry to get out of jail...so one victory for team Flash. I didn't expect Davoe to kill the corrupt prison warden...that was a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
          I feel weird about the episode. It was entertaining but I'm kinda mixed about a lot of things.
          same here. It did feel like a filler, but they were actually building up the plot and keeping the story going.

The scenes with Dibny shape shifting was interesting at first... but then it felt like they were forcing the comedy aspect of it too much. It just felt cringey to me... it was like watching a comedian overplay a joke too much and then bombing big time because of it. Then you can't help but feel embarrassed for him, you know? That was how I felt watching Dibny ham it up as Wolfe.

and It does feel werid that Barry said that he would rather get out of jail the legal way but had no problems with Dibny pretending to be Devoe to get him out of jail. I mean... pretty sure that would be considered illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
            Did the first actor for Davoe quit or had other pressing commitments? Or in the comics does Davoe switch bodies a lot? I ask because the first actor for Davoe was really great and the last 2, are pretty much bland in comparison. I really don't like the body switching going on but yeah, Davoe is beginning to show signs of cracking. His cockiness will be his undoing in the end and it did allow for Barry to get out of jail...so one victory for team Flash. I didn't expect Davoe to kill the corrupt prison warden...that was a shock.
            He did switch bodies before in the comics, but it wasn't exactly voluntary on his part.
            in the comics, he had backed up his consciousness into this machine he had as an last resort.
            And when he died there was those people who would take his machine, study it and then test it on somebody or themselves.
            Once they linked with the machine, they become the new Thinker.

His consciousness also didn't override the personalities and thoughts of the people he inhabited.
            The thinker's consciousness would merge with the people's own, thus giving each new thinker their unique personalities.

Because every thinker was so different, it took the flash and others a while to realize that Devoe's consciousness was stored away in the thinking cap machine.

This is happening on the TV show too, kind of. That guy was nothing like the original Devoe.
            It was like Devoe merged with this guy and then came out of it a completely different person. And his wife is just realizing this now.
            Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-08-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Remember season 1? Good times.

I'm at the point where I'm embarrassed for them. The writing is horrendous.

Comment

Okay, so this last episode was.....interesting. Right off the bat, I will say that I liked the continuity of including all those previous bus metas that Barry captured earlier this season in this episode, and I liked how they basically had to team up if they wanted to escape. I say I liked it because there have been tons of other metas who were the "villain of the week" who got locked up and were just never heard from or mentioned again. Made for an interesting dynamic while they were unaware he was the one who did it (until the warden informed them of his real identity at the end). I did like how Barry and Becky/Hazard formed this little odd friendship, which makes sense because she didn't seem like a genuinely bad person in her episode.

Also, there was Barry using his basic science and CSI skills to break out. It was clever, kinda had a "Prison Break" feel towards it and reminds the audience that Barry isn't solely reliant on his powers. Though I do wonder if you can actually make acid the way he did.

The rest of Team Flash's problem of the week was kinda in the middle for me. Once again, I do like how Ralph is sorta stepping up and taking charge of things while Barry's in prison, but at the same time how many times is he gonna have a hero moping crisis? This is like his 2nd one in 3 weeks. Also, him learning how to suddenly shapeshift is way out of the blue, but then I've come to expect this from comic books and comic book-based media and I do remember that he's also based off of Plastic Man a bit so....yeah. I think my favorite part was when he came through at the court appeal for Barry perfectly dressed as the original DeVoe, a very clutch moment for him and basically getting Barry out of jail. Now I have to wonder if everyone else automatically believed that was "DeVoe" and not a double or if anyone did a test to make sure, but it was definitely a cool moment. Nice to see Marlize caught off-guard at that time.

Speaking of Marlize, her whole story so far has me really divided. On the one hand, she's just as awful as her husband when it comes to manipulating the heroes, and also the court into framing an innocent Barry and is still going along with the "Enlightenment," whatever that is we have yet to see, so her getting humbled is refreshing. On the other hand, it's very clear she's very uncomfortable with everything DeVoe is doing now, based on her singing a song in her head to keep him from reading her mind as well as her reaction to DeVoe showing up to the prison and zapping the other metas and transferring now to Becky. In fact in the episode right before the mid-season finale it's obvious she was starting to have second thoughts about everything and now it's starting to hit her. Then he basically drugs her with the "magic tears" from that other meta in order to keep her in place, which is WAY out of line, and then her and Becky-DeVoe have this weird dance. That just seemed out of place and jarring.

Like I said, I'm mixed on it. I'm also placing bets on how many episodes go by before Marlize officially turns on him, because based on everything that's where this is headed. And what are the chances she teams up with team Flash?

Comment

My name is Central City, and I have the fastest legal system alive. Not to mention, it's a total joke.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                    My name is Central City, and I have the fastest legal system alive. Not to mention, it's a total joke.
                    It's a comic book show. It's a world were Barry and Iris get to live in an expensive apartment AND run a multi million dollar lab with out having to actually pay or worry about money.

These writers gave up on details or any sense of realism long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                      It's a world were Barry and Iris get to live in an expensive apartment AND run a multi million dollar lab with out having to actually pay or worry about money.
                      To be fair, we criticized them for that, too.

Comment

@TheSecretVampire Really? I thought the second actor for Devoe did a spectacular job of capturing the essence of the original actor. I was really impressed by him and pretty disappointed when he got discarded.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎