Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metropolis Casting: Who should play Lois Lane and Lex Luthor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
    The thing is, they never showed us any of this and this was only told to us via a few throwaway lines. so not many people are gonna remember this easily. that's the problem.
    Unfortunately, this was one of the restriction placed on Lois' character in the early day (so the viewer would not "get confused" with movie Lois): No brown hair, no romantic interest between Lois & Clark, no interest in journalism.

I think the second restriction was the best thing that could happen to Smallville. This way we got the progression from frenemies, to friends to lovers over time without either side being secretly in love with the other for ages.

Comment

I agree that the love restriction was a good thing. Not so much on the "no interest in journalism" thing.

Comment

I LOVE the Cory Stoll choice, I can totally see him as Lex.

Lois - now that is one I'll have to really think about.

Comment

Kaya Scodelario as Lois

I chose Kaya because I think she has a nice spunky vibe to her and she reminds me of an image I saw of Lois from a comic, where she looked like she was pretty in a more Snow-White kinda way and less of hard-nosed kinda way like Erica Durance. I decided a different approach would work best.

Dylan O'Brien as Lex

Lex was the casting I struggled with, mainly because I wanted a younger actor around the same age as Lois, but also for him to essentially be Michael Rosenbaum. I kept picturing Smallville Lex in the role and then realized that I needed to take a step back from my fanboyism and maybe go a different route, and decided on someone who could play a villain, but also had a kind of geeky quality to him in the vain of Birthright Lex. So, Dylan became my choice.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dagenspear; 04-07-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Lindsey Morgan as Lois Lane

Comment

KJ Apa does have a little bit of a Dean Cain vibe/look in that picture with the glasses on. Very nice.

Comment

Alyssa Milano as Lois.

Ian Somerholder as Lex.

Those two i keep seeing in my head as perfect casting.

Comment

Repost:

Camila Mendes as Lois Lane

KJ Apa as Clark Kent/Superman

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡