Metropolis (DC Streaming) - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metropolis (DC Streaming) - Original Thread

*Facepalm*

Exciting news, for me. What makes it even more exciting? No Berlanti involvement.

Comment

So it’s not Smallville....but really it is

Comment

Going by the description, it's more of an X-Files knock-off. And you just know that they'll be using plenty of Superman villains, in such a way, that it will be unlikely that Supes will one day face them.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-03-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I'm interested I love what they're doing with Gotham.

It's the same people involved. I hope the streaming service is great.

Comment

1. I hope they don't mess up with casting Lois

2. Ditto for Lex w/ the casting. That's going to be a hard one for me to accept maybe, b/c Michael Rosenberg is my favorite Lex. If the premise here is that it's a young Lex and Lois (early 20s? just a guess) then this Lex will be in same age range as Smallville's Lex. If Lois & Lex team up together: will they be friends? acquaintances with a common purpose? frenemies? Could there be a thought to maybe replicating some of the same Clark-Lex dynamic, in that Lex and Lois start off w/ a pretty decent friendship and then it goes "bad?" I'm very curious what they want to do with them...

3. Glad to see it's not going to involve Berlanti or CW - (please, I pray to the comic book gods, never never never let Berlanti, Guggenheim et al. have permission to do a live action Lois, Lex or Clark/Supes centered series...). Oh, and I hope the producers are impervious to shipper-bot tweets and gift basket bribes!

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
              3. Glad to see it's not going to involve Berlanti or CW - (please, I pray to the comic book gods, never never never let Berlanti, Guggenheim et al. have permission to do a live action Lois, Lex or Clark/Supes centered series...). Oh, and I hope the producers are impervious to shipper-bot tweets and gift basket bribes!
              On that point, you'd hope that DC don't place restrictions on it the way they did with Smallville when Superman got a reboot. As well as some of the cast did with these restrictions, at times it left characters stuck in a holding pattern before being lightswitched. That path leads to inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Bally
                On that point, you'd hope that DC don't place restrictions on it the way they did with Smallville when Superman got a reboot. As well as some of the cast did with these restrictions, at times it left characters stuck in a holding pattern before being lightswitched. That path leads to inconsistency.
                So true. It would be such a shame if they did - shooting themselves in the foot before they even get started.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                  Superman villains without Superman is a rather lame concept IMHO. And I don't like the Lois Lane/ Lex Luthor team-up. It is out of character for both of them.

Comment

It does sound a bit like X Files, to be honest. And it's another series "before" Superman, so it'll be roughly about him ... without him actually being there, at least in the early seasons? If we're lucky, we won't have to wait 10 seasons before seeing him.

People behind Gotham, Nikita and CSI are involved -- and it's not a CW show -- so that's in the plus column. There's also Gossip Girl and The O.C. in their DNA, so we should be mindful (worried?) about this too. The big caveat for me is if they take a look at Smallville and the Berlantiverse while brainstorming and go: "We gotta put some of that in our show too!!" If it's going to work, it has to be ... something else.

I'm out if the shippers and the Tumblr army get their tentacles around it, declaring Lois + Lex as their OTP, Superman's destiny and decades of legacy be damned.

Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                      Superman villains without Superman is a rather lame concept IMHO. And I don't like the Lois Lane/ Lex Luthor team-up. It is out of character for both of them.
                      not really, there's been canon stories in continuities where Lois and Lex got along well in their early years before Lois realized how evil Lex truly was. Heck, that even happened on "Lois and Clark: The adventures of superman". Lois Lane did marry Lex first before Clark at one point or she was going to until Lex Luthor was exposed as the villain he was.

The thing about Lex... he can be highly charismatic, and seems to genuinely want the best for mankind. That's just how he goes about his plans to improve mankind that's.... well, disagreeable in itself.
                      He's a "The end justifies the means" kind of guy. He's the kind of guy who wouldn't think twice about killing a innocent baby if it would save millions of lives.

so I could see Lois Lane be fooled by him at first, before eventually finding out about his true nature. That he was something of a narcissist who exactly didn't have a pure love for mankind like she thought he did. Or maybe she agreed with his ideals at first, but then found out that his way of doing things were a little too brutal and cynical for her tastes.
                      Last edited by Aurora Moon; 02-03-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Found this on Youtube. Why couldn't they do this instead?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎