0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - More annoying than Curtis
    0%

Only gave it a 9 because of how very annoying Curtis was but otherwise this was such a surprisingly lovely episode. I didn't expect this much quiet, mature, conversation. I gushed about Oliver and Felicity and Felicity and William but there was also a too short conversation with Diggle.

I really like this director.

I hold the right to at least mentally revise my rating higher on repeat viewings, lol.
    Last edited by BkWurm1; 01-25-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
      Only gave it a 9 because of how very annoying Curtis was but otherwise this was such a surprisingly lovely episode. I didn't expect this much quite, mature, conversation. I gushed about Oliver and Felicity and Felicity and William but there was also a too short conversation with Diggle.

I really like this director.
      (I know I could avoid being lazy and just look it up but) who directed this week?

Comment

Wendy Stanzler. She also did 520 Underneath, the trapped in the bunker episode.

Comment

A good episode, aside from the annoying factor of NTA aka Team Arrogant.

I really liked Thea being competent and in the mayor's office again. I even liked the fight scenes because they weren't in the dark and the big one had the Felcity/William voiceover.

My greatest surprise is that I liked William in this episode. They did a good job with him -- a keen student at the start, his father's son getting everyone out of the bus, his distress at learning that Oliver had been lying to him, the conversation with Felicity (well done, show) and his final acceptance of his dad's night job. One of the better episodes of the show.

I'm sad Pike died. I guess they wanted Cayden James' hacking to have a real impact but it seems like a waste.

Comment

So there were a number of important things that I feel like i just rushed past. I am sad that Pike died but I admit to being happy to have Lance back as Captain. I hope that doesn't change. I like Lance there.

And Vince is double crossing James. I would consider that he was faking it but he killed the villain that I never really learned the name of that was presented as an equal to all the rest of the cabal. Dinah certainly was thrilled he wasn't totally a lost cause. He's still worse than season one Oliver but he's not as bad as he seemed last week.

Rene came this close to being off the show only to be saved so not everything is roses with Vince's reveal, lol. Ok, I feel just a little bad saying that. Zoe deserves to keep her dad. But how about he quits the new team so he stays alive?

Curtis was at a consistant annoyance level. He's still snipping about everything. And he's already hiding and lying about things to the new team but what OTA did remains unforgivable?

I wish we could though keep this team up when needed in the field but otherwise off doing their own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by katakombs
              A good episode, aside from the annoying factor of NTA aka Team Arrogant.

I really liked Thea being competent and in the mayor's office again. I even liked the fight scenes because they weren't in the dark and the big one had the Felcity/William voiceover.

My greatest surprise is that I liked William in this episode. They did a good job with him -- a keen student at the start, his father's son getting everyone out of the bus, his distress at learning that Oliver had been lying to him, the conversation with Felicity (well done, show) and his final acceptance of his dad's night job. One of the better episodes of the show.

I'm sad Pike died. I guess they wanted Cayden James' hacking to have a real impact but it seems like a waste.
              I also confess to not having realized it was him until they talked about him dying later. (I'm terrible with faces. Was I supposed to recognize the council man that died as well?)

Willaim had a really nice arc. And he and his dad shooting plastic arrows in the house (really in the house?) was cute and letting him have a heroic moment where he was finally allowed to be calm and not the victim was great. It would make sense that Willaim would be toughened up so as to not lose his head. And I loved that they let him be upset without being hysterical! That was really great.

It's a bit fast for him to be fine with Oliver being the GA but it's always been telegraphed he would be eventually. The show isnt' going to stop sending Oliver out in the field. But how great was it that Oliver sincerely offered to retire? I didn't expect that.

I also like to think that it isn't so much that now that William has Felicity he's no longer worried abou this dad, because clearly the worry will never go away, but she's there to help him cope and help support his faith and if the worst was to happen be there then as well. And that feels realistic, not that she's taken the place of a parent, but that he knows what his dad is doing is really important and he knows whatever happens, he's going to be taken care of so he can handle the risks his dad is taking. It was much better done than I could have expected.
              Last edited by BkWurm1; 01-25-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Looks like I’m going to have to rewatch and post what I really loved and feel about this episode. I will say that I wanted to throat punch and drop kick those ungrateful, arrogant, full of themselves NOOBS. Dinah acting like she’s Oliver, and Rene and Curtis acting like they’re better than OTA, when they are NOT. And why did they have Oliver thank them, only to have that traitor act as if Oliver was asking for forgiveness with that line about how this doesn’t change things? You jackass, Oliver just praised your work-he didn’t say sorry or ask your ungrateful butt back to his team.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
                Last edited by Dark_Knight92; 01-25-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I want to re-watch the episode when it airs on the West Coast, that's how much I liked the episode. There's so much I loved about the episode-- OTA, Olicity, Delicity, William, Thea and Lance taking charge. What I still don't like are the newbies. Every scene with them got on my nerves. And the fact that the show gave them an advantage-- a spy on Cayden's team-- so they could seem as good as or better than OTA made me really angry. Luckily, they mostly interacted with each other so I can skip their scenes completely.

I understand why Stephen tweeted that praise about Emily's performance in this episode. She does a lot of the emotional heavy lifting, not to mention the tongue twisting, rapid-fire explanation for how they were trying to track who sent Cayden James the wrong information implicating Oliver in his son't death. Who do you guys think sent that USB drive?
                  Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-25-2018, 10:30 PM. Reason: Some weird code added to posts - probably not your fault

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Knight92
                    Looks like I’m going to have to rewatch and post what I really loved and feel about this episode. I will say that I wanted to throat punch and drop kick those ungrateful, arrogant, full of themselves NOOBS. Dinah acting like she’s Oliver, and Rene and Curtis acting like they’re better than ITA, when they are NOT. And why did they have Oliver thank them, only to have that traitor act as if Oliver was asking for forgiveness with that line about how this doesn’t change things? You jackass, Oliver just praised your work-he didn’t say sorry or ask your ungrateful butt back to his team.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
                    But how do you really feel about the neewbs?

Comment

Who do you guys think sent that USB drive?
                      In a lot of ways it makes sense to go back to Prometheus but I think he's done. Vigilante was around then. He could have framed Oliver but why? How would it help him to turn James into a monster with his sights on Star City? My gut is saying it's going to be Richard Dragon in a two part plan. Bring James in to do all the planning and then when the city is under his thumb, off James and take over. And by framing GA, he gets James to take out him as well.

I picked Dragon mostly because we don't have many other options. Who's left? Watson or BS? BS was in jail when the USB port was sent. It could be Samanda for reasons we don't yet know.

Comment

It bugged me that OTA was still willing to share information and work with NTA but it wasn't reciprocated. Even after they saw how much damage Cayden James caused, they were still all "we go this".

Hard to believe that Vince is a good guy since he tried to kill Oliver last season. But if he is getting a redemption arc, does that mean that Black Siren isn't?

And who sent that file from Corto Maltese?

Comment

Originally posted by katakombs
                          It bugged me that OTA was still willing to share information and work with NTA but it wasn't reciprocated. Even after they saw how much damage Cayden James caused, they were still all "we go this".

Hard to believe that Vince is a good guy since he tried to kill Oliver last season. But if he is getting a redemption arc, does that mean that Black Siren isn't?

And who sent that file from Corto Maltese?
                          NTA only was of any use because OTA filled them in and because Vince was feeding them info. Otherwise they'd be still hanging in their new digs patting each other on the back and doing pro con lists. Oh and lying and hiding stuff from each other. Curtis is such a hypocryte.

Vince is still not exactly a good guy. He's way too comfortatble with collateral damage or just killing to make a point but at least he's not an all out villain?

Yeah, Vince being a plant on team villain makes BS being redeemed seem less likely though really, who knows. The show runners may not even have decided for sure yet.

See up thread for my guess about the file from Corto Maltese

Vince

Comment

Did Vince just kill Boots? That's one villain down.

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                            I picked Dragon mostly because we don't have many other options. Who's left? Watson or BS? BS was in jail when the USB port was sent. It could be Samanda for reasons we don't yet know.
                            I hope we get a new, previously unidentified villain because Richard Dragon doesn't seem that smart to figure out who Cayden James is, who his son is and how to use the situation to his advantage. He would also need to know that Oliver is the Green Arrow. It seems too complicated for someone who just wanted to sell drugs.

Comment

I really liked the episode for the most part but I have no idea what they're trying for with NTA. It seems unlikely that I'm supposed to want to punch Curtis repeatedly while screaming "Shut up!" but he's being such a raging hypocrite that I can't really see how they're expecting a different reaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎