0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This stretched way too long
    0%

It was one of those rare times when Ralph didn't get on my nerves. In the past he annoyed me so much, that I hated him for it.

I actually kind of liked him here? You have no idea how much I'm surprised by that.

Taking Barry Allen out of the spotlight for a while? That might be the best thing this show did so far this season. Because it allowed for some character development. It allowed an otherwise annoying and superfluous character to be useful and interesting for once.
    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 01-23-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I really like the new suit for Ralph. It's so much better than the other one he was wearing which looked so much like what Matt Murdock wore for most of Daredevil season 1...more like a knockoff version, lol

Comment

I also liked Ralph a lot in this episode. I also kinda chuckled when cisco said the name of katlyns' childhood bully to get her to shift to killerfrost. Also the girl that paid for cisco and ralph's coffee seemed to be writing Kryptonian numbers and letters in her notebook, especially with the "kryptonite" name drop earlier in the episode. oh and also there is this... http://kryptonian.info/doyle/writing/numbers.html seen as kryptonian is structured a lot like Egyptian hieroglyphs it looks like a reasonable potential, ofcourse i am probably wrong.
        Last edited by Blue screen of death; 01-23-2018, 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That girl also made an appearance in that crossover as one of the waitresses, I believe. many people had theories that she was in fact Barry allen and Iris Allen's daughter from the future.

Comment

Question: What was the Kryptonite joke supposed to be? I can't remember team Flash ever encountering Kryptonite while dealing with Supergirl. And even so, how was Dibny supposed to understand it?

Comment

This was a bit better than last week's episode, last week was just so serious with the trial and this week was just kinda funny and let loose a bit. Don't know why but it had that 1960's Batman feel towards it, between the New Trickster and Ralph's comical screams when he's being hit with acid.

Also, thank God he got a new suit. Also also, the best laugh of the night came from the presence of Beebo toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                It was one of those rare times when Ralph didn't get on my nerves. In the past he annoyed me so much, that I hated him for it.

I actually kind of liked him here? You have no idea how much I'm surprised by that.

Taking Barry Allen out of the spotlight for a while? That might be the best thing this show did so far this season. Because it allowed for some character development. It allowed an otherwise annoying and superfluous character to be useful and interesting for once.
                I hope so, but i hope it doesn’t last too long- i’m not interested in the flash behind bars. Did like seeing caitlin and cisco in action, albeit briefly. The episode was a little too pun filled for my tastes- and i wasn’t sure about “trickster family values.” Axel was a good foe for ralph- i think his costume might need some work. Speaking of costumes, how do they get the madks to stay on?
                Last edited by protege; 01-24-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

There are many things I love about this episode. Ralph getting a new suit. Ralph realizing that being a superhero is not just giggles and rainbows. The way Killer Frost gets triggered into action (Although, honestly, how many more laughs will we get out of that if they keep doing it?). And it's always nice to see Barry not be the center of an episode and we see some character development. But, he still out there helping people! Even behind bars. And I am really intrigued by the mystery girl. I know she appeared in the cross-over and she seems to be from the future. But who is it? Barry's daughter? And what is she trying to do? Did she come back from her time to help Barry defeat the Thinker or is there another greater threat looming? And, btw, what's The Thinker up to in the meantime? Does he want everyone to be digitized? World domination? A clone of Thinkers? A lot of things to think about. I am super excited to see where The Flash goes from here.

Comment

I'm relieved that they officially named him. He always was Elongated Man, and not Plastic Man.

I was always puzzled by some of the confusion in the fandom. Any Google search would have shown that Ralph Dibny was Elongated Man's secret identity, with a connection to the Flash universe spanning decades.

The (more famous) Plastic Man's secret identity is Patrick O'Brian.

Comment

Ralph is a fun character, so watching him take over for a week wasn't bad. Ignoring the "hero gets hurt and quits/hero gets a pep talk/hero comes back to save the day" trope, what nagged at me was the same thing that often nags me about Barry. They show up right in front of the villain and wait to be attacked. If the goal was to take down Axel, Ralph could have done it quite quickly as soon as he arrived on the street, and he certainly shouldn't have just let every weapon hit him. He didn't even have to be right next to him to punch or grab him because he can stretch. Again at the end, Ralph was pleading with Prank not to release the acid, but he could have just pushed her out of the way with his Michael-Jordan-in-Looney-Tune-Land arms.

And then there was Cisco. Just because Axel called out Ralph specifically didn't require the S.T.A.R. Labs crew to oblige. If Cisco could portal directly there, he could have portaled Axel directly back to a cell somewhere. He showed up with Ralph and left, then he came back to help Ralph escape and just knocked Axel to the ground. How hard would it have been to knock him into a portal?

I was also scratching my head when they were tracking Axel's broadcast. You could clearly see the city skyline, so that should have allowed them to greatly reduce the area they needed to look in.

Comment

Ralph is generally fun to watch on-screen now, and it's really nice to see how well the team does without Barry (again) and see him step up. I think Ralph's real big character growth moment came last episode when he talked Joe out of planting evidence in DeVoe's him, basically saying it screwed up his life and it'll do the same to him.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎