0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I thought it was better than last week in that they had to make up for Supergirl being unconscious in Legion.

I was happy to see Brainiac 5 interacting with Winn a lot as I hoped they would.

I thought for Psi was going to betray the team and be the one to perish. Instead it was Livewire. I guess they pull a Captain Cold here.

Nice to have Sarah Douglas pass the evil Kryptonian torch to Reign.

Comment

It was nice to see Ursa (Sarah Douglas) again, even if she was posing as somebody else this time around.

Overrall, it was a fairly decent ep. definitely so much better than last week!

It sucks that Livewire had to die, though.

Comment

What was the deal with the blue star being fatal to the Y chromosome? It was that specific star, right? I kind of missed that line. What a convenient way to get an all-girl gang together.

So Kara was mostly in a coma last week and depowered this week. These shows really like episodes where the central hero doesn't use their powers. Hasn't the DEO used special solar lamps to help Kara heal before? Can that not be put into a suit of some kind that would give her at least some power?

I'm not sure this mission was worth the risk of going to a blue star with a couple of supervillains.

I never liked Livewire on this show, so I won't miss her.

Didn't recognize Sarah Douglas. Nice.

I don't know what to think of the Alex and Ruby subplot. I mean, I guess it's supposed to be a feel-good bonding story that's right at home on this show, but it comes out of this forced Sam/Ruby story that I haven't been enthralled by. Maybe they're trying to set it up so Alex can adopt Ruby if Sam doesn't make it past the Reign conclusion. 'Cause, you know, Alex wants kids.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          I don't know what to think of the Alex and Ruby subplot. I mean, I guess it's supposed to be a feel-good bonding story that's right at home on this show, but it comes out of this forced Sam/Ruby story that I haven't been enthralled by. Maybe they're trying to set it up so Alex can adopt Ruby if Sam doesn't make it past the Reign conclusion. 'Cause, you know, Alex wants kids.
          I'm curious myself as to how that plot will turn out . But I guess they wanted to established some kind of relationship between them since the whole Sam/Reign situation could be complicated with Ruby. When Psi went into her head , she finally get through to her in someway and that for a moment her love for Ruby is what kept her from becoming Reign.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            What was the deal with the blue star being fatal to the Y chromosome? It was that specific star, right? I kind of missed that line. What a convenient way to get an all-girl gang together.

So Kara was mostly in a coma last week and depowered this week. These shows really like episodes where the central hero doesn't use their powers. Hasn't the DEO used special solar lamps to help Kara heal before? Can that not be put into a suit of some kind that would give her at least some power?

I'm not sure this mission was worth the risk of going to a blue star with a couple of supervillains.

I never liked Livewire on this show, so I won't miss her.

Let's see how to address this:

-This is the CW you are talking about, who are reputed for aiming for the teen/young adult women demographic. Can you think of a better way for them to do that than an all girl team?

-Of course they could build a suite for her technically. But that would mean she would be able to use her powers. Which would mean that the CW would have to spend more budget money to produce the episode. Based on what I've read this week's episode was a mostly/pure cgi fest as is. I can only imagine that that'll cut the budgets for the rest of the season drastically. So don't expect to see J'honn in martian form or a lot of Supergirl fighting criminals for the rest of this season.

-Going with someone else other than those two supervillains would be a problem though. With out those two, you'd expect kara to be torn apart. Also otherwise consider her options. Unless they introduced other female characters I don't know about (I stopped watching), who would she bring? Even if the star wouldn't conveniently harm men, that would most likely mean she'd have to bring J'hon and James, even if James wasn't busy with his own subplot. That would mean a big risk of male characters over shadowing kara if they should succeed were she failed. And that's a big no-no for the CW because of their target demographic. So of course they shoved the all ladies team with half of them villains down your throat.

Also on a side note: Did the CW really expect viewers to believe that a star can affect men only? LMAO wow talk about stupid. Glad I stopped watching the show and just read spoilers and forums. Their agenda pushing is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
              Also on a side note: Did the CW really expect viewers to believe that a star can affect men only? LMAO wow talk about stupid. Glad I stopped watching the show and just read spoilers and forums. Their agenda pushing is getting ridiculous.
              Actually, you can blame the comic books for that. It existed in comics long before CW came up with that.

There is no "agenda".... you just sound utterly ridiculous when you claim things like that. If there is one, then it's just that they want to stick to a basic overarching theme for the Supergirl show and that just happens to be "girl power". That's it.

Next you'll be angry that Black Lighting has too many black people in it, because it's a show about a black superhero and black lives. LMAO.
              Last edited by Aurora Moon; 01-23-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎