No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time #7.10 "The Eighth Witch" - WINTER FINALE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon A Time #7.10 "The Eighth Witch" - WINTER FINALE

I really liked the episode and how it bookended with everything we saw at the end of last season.

I was also happy that they confirmed that Nick/Jack is another version of Jack from the Jack and the Beanstalk story.

I liked that Tremaine defeated Drizella using blood magic. I like her better as a sympathetic character than as a full-fledged villain.

I was surprised Gothel betrayed Drizella, although I'm wondering what her endgame is and what it has to do with the Eight witches?

Anyway, I liked it. The "Witch War" looks promising. I just hope it makes for a good story.

What did everybody else think of the Winter Finale?

I enjoyed the midseason finale. I did like the fact that they brought it back to the events of last season’s finale with Henry and Lucy trying to escape the witches (we actually find out what they were running from).

I also liked how it mirrored the first season (with a twist)...obviously “true loves kiss” as Henry finally starts to believe, he kisses Lucy on the forehead only this time it doesn’t work; Lucy has lost her belief thanks to Tremaine.

Gothel I guess has become the new Rumple in that she’s always one step ahead. She used both Tremaine and Drizella to her advantage to bring about her Eight Witches. If she just wanted Anastasia, why even go through all that trouble with Tremaine/Drizella and the curse? As for the witches I’m curious about their identities. So far (I assume) they are: Regina, Zelena, Anastasia, and Gothel herself...who are the other four? Gothel probably needs Regina/Zelena to break the curse to bring magic back (more nods to the first season) to find the other witches.

The decision Regina has to make is a doozy...save her son or save her granddaughter/their people. Obviously, they’re going to break the curse. There is probably a way to save Henry. I’m thinking it has something to do with the storybooks; it’s always been a key to this series.

Back to the curse...

Regina can’t ever get a break She made amends with her father but, she’s still paying for that one mistake.

Anyway...

We see Hook handing the white elephant to Ella; I’m thinking it was the custody fight for Lucy that they were conveying with that.

So in the last moments before the curse over took them we also find out that Alice and Robin are a couple. Like it or not this series has always been relative...I want to see a family portrait by the end of this series

I know Jennifer Morrison had a one episode deal but, it would be nice to see her/Storybrooke and everyone else factor into the end of this series if it’s this year or not.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-16-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      If she just wanted Anastasia, why even go through all that trouble with Tremaine/Drizella and the curse?
      I'm guessing it has something to do with the dagger? I guess we're supposed to believe that Anastasia is The Guardian, the person they said could sever Rumple from its darkness. Maybe Gothel wants her to do that so she can get revenge against Rumple (for some reason we don't know yet)? Or, maybe she wants to become the next Dark One?

As for the witches I’m curious about their identities. So far (I assume) they are: Regina, Zelena, Anastasia, and Gothel herself...who are the other four?
      The only ones I can think of is Maleficent. Then again, maybe it's a dark coven consisting of those who want revenge against Regina and Zelena for casting The Dark Curse more than once? If you think about it, both of them really screwed with a lot of other people's lives without really thinking about it. Perhaps it's a group seeking revenge for what was taken from them?

We see Hook handing the white elephant to Ella; I’m thinking it was the custody fight for Lucy that they were conveying with that.
      Right. It made sure she and Lucy were together after The Curse hit (and also explained why Hook/Alice were separated).

So in the last moments before the curse over took them we also find out that Alice and Robin are a couple. Like it or not this series has always been relative...I want to see a family portrait by the end of this series
      Or an updated family tree...Or an episode where they all gather for a holiday dinner....That'd be hilarious...
      Last edited by Aries83; 12-16-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

An enjoyable midseason finale. Will be interesting to see who'll be wearing those cloaks. Glad that they finally adressed the timeline, with the appearance of Robin.

Fun to see Lady Tremaine briefly siding with the heroes for a brief moment.

Not sure what to think of Robin and Alice as a couple. Robin is Henry's adoptive cousin. Meanwhile, Alice is the daughter of Captain Hook (a doubleganger of Henry's stepfather) from the Wish Realm. So, Henry's adoptive cousin is now dating his sort-of stepsister. Okay, so they're not biologically related, but it does seem a bit weird. Of course, Henry himself is like his own step-great uncle or something (being the adoptive son of his grandmother's stepmother). The family tree was already weird.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎