0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Let It Die

0 0%
    We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar

Twice Upon a Time (2017 Christmas Special)

The magical final chapter of the Twelfth Doctorís (Peter Capaldi) journey sees the Time Lord team up with his former self, the first ever Doctor (David Bradley - Harry Potter, Game of Thrones) and a returning Bill Potts (Pearl Mackie), for one last adventure.

In the this epic adventure the Doctor must face his past to decide his future. Along the way he realises the resilience of humanity, discovering hope in his darkest frozen moment. It is the end of an era, but the Doctor's journey is only just beginning.

Airing on Christmas Day @ 9pm on The BBC and BBC America

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Counting the days until the special airs!

Posting Pro
    Hmm so David Bradly had this to say about playing the first Doctor in an interview

"I think a lot of the comic energy of the episode comes from this guy from the present and this other guy from the 1960s. It makes you realise how much things have changed in the last 50 years. The First Doctor brings his non-PC attitude to a lot of things and it's a bit of a culture clash between the two of them Ė the 12th Doctor saying, 'no, you can't say that nowadays', and the First Doctor saying, 'why not? why not?'"

Along with Moffat saying this "Maybe seeing the whole span of his life as a man, seeing himself as the Hartnell Doctor, might make him think maybe itís time to be a bit more progressive. Looking at how the first Doctor was, heís hilariously not progressive. Without being too outrageous I think we have re-created that version of Hartnellís Doctor, with all the 1960s political incorrectness in place."

I know Moffat says they did it without being to out there but what concerns me is they are bringing it up at all. Like why should The Doctor even care about PC stuff and all that? It makes no sense.

Also for the first Doctor what is concerning is for the new fans this is probably going to be when they see the first Doctor and the last thing that is needed is to have this "Oh the first Doctor wasn't PC, he's like a sexist or something" attached to him. Like just no.

Like maybe I'm over reacting but I have a high distrust of they are not going to handle this properly and yes that's the fact they want to include it to start with.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Ill give them a chance when it comes to The First Doctor but if they screw it up im gonna be mad!

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    So... some thoughts. For starters, if you haven't watched yet avoid Twitter because people will spoil.

I'm glad I watched this alone because it was emotional. Sometimes happy emotions, sometimes sad. Memories have a way of affecting us like that. There were great performances throughout, especially David Bradley's First Doctor of course. (Side note: I had forgotten how it looked like William Hartnell's teeth were falling out in the original "Tenth Planet." And I now want them to film "Tenth Planet" Part 4 starring him since that episode is lost.)

I'm excited to see what happens next.

We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Iím glad we saw a few minutes of Jodi Whittaker as the new Doctor [SPOILER] of course it ended on a cliffhanger with her plumaging to Earth[/SPOILER]...though, they spoiled that moment prior to the US broadcast. I, like many others, hate that we will have to wait 9-10 months between this episode and the next season/series; Itís ludicrous.

Posting Pro
    It was an ok episode and well goodbye 12th Doctor, I'll miss you.

For the 13th Doctor showing up, hmm curious to see what happens next.

the ending of the episode with them at the Christmas armistice during World War 1 had to be one of the best parts of the episode for multiple reasons, and a good sequence.

Now for the first Doctor, I'd say Bradley did a decent job.

There were moments where Moffat had the 1rst Doctor show some interesting things like discovering just who he becomes during his lives through the Time War and such or like how he's not exactly the protector of earth that his later selves become to it's full extent, which would have been interesting to focus more on.

Instead Moffat wasted like a good solid bit of the episode turning the first Doctor into like this sexist thing with making a decent deal out of it when the first Doctor never was sexist at all. All for sake of I'm guessing trashing the 60's, some political pandering or some such crap.

Like go actually watch the first Doctor because what was shown in this episode wasn't him.

Anyhow it was an ok episode

Last edited by Haggard01; 12-28-2017 at 12:14 PM.