Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Tombstone"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Tombstone"?

So we’re not starting with the death of some random people? *gasps* I am so happy!

No, we start with a flashforward (or we start in realtime and most of the episode is in flashback, depending on your POV). Then back to 48 hours earlier, to the point of the end of the previous episode.

Also, why weren’t Sam and Dean suspicious of Cas not being, you know, Cas? There are so many things that can be other people, they’ve done tests before (holy water, cutting, etc.), I half waited for them to pull that on Castiel. Really shocked they didn’t.

Awww, hugs!

Jack’s reaction to Castiel’s return—another hug!—and the boys asking if Jack brought him back. So Jack can bring angels and demons back from the Empty? Something even God can’t do? Hmmm.

Dean getting all excited about a cowboy case. “Team Freewill 2.0. Here we go!”

Dean snoring as Cas and Jack talk. Then Jack makes the mistake of poking him awake. Not a good idea, Jack! “Who’s making me coffee?” Was half expecting him to say “and bacon.” LOL

Dean and Cas in their hats. LOL (again)

Sam and Jack being FBI? Jack as trainee I could almost buy. But where was his badge? Also, anyone notice the names were all the actors from the movie “Tombstone”? I did feel a slight pang at the use of “Paxton” though. RIP Bill Paxton.

Dean geeking out over ghoul taking form of old famous cowboy.

Then the ghoul pulls an old fashioned bank robbery! Jack steps up, throws ghoul and guard and kills the guard. I had been spoiled, had seen that Jack did a ‘terrible thing’ and leaves Sam and Dean, so I knew something was coming. Wasn’t expecting this. I mean, this was a mistake and I know it would haunt Jack but I expected something far worse, I guess?

Sheriff goes with Dean and gets dragged down into hole. Dean goes after him. We get a “Die Hard” reference and a hilarious scene of Dean falling out of the chute. Wonder if that was really Jensen or his stunt double?

Sheriff gets the shot.

Dean comes full circle on Jack (knew he would. It was fairly predictable), but Jack blasts them all and teleports out.

So solid episode, some very funny moments, but yeah, bit predictable. A lot of what happened this episode felt clichéd and like I saw it coming a mile off?
    10--better than cowboys and coffee!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than a ghoul in a graveyard
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    So we’re not starting with the death of some random people? *gasps* I am so happy!

No, we start with a flashforward (or we start in realtime and most of the episode is in flashback, depending on your POV). Then back to 48 hours earlier, to the point of the end of the previous episode.

Also, why weren’t Sam and Dean suspicious of Cas not being, you know, Cas? There are so many things that can be other people, they’ve done tests before (holy water, cutting, etc.), I half waited for them to pull that on Castiel. Really shocked they didn’t.

Awww, hugs!

Jack’s reaction to Castiel’s return—another hug!—and the boys asking if Jack brought him back. So Jack can bring angels and demons back from the Empty? Something even God can’t do? Hmmm.

Dean getting all excited about a cowboy case. “Team Freewill 2.0. Here we go!”

Dean snoring as Cas and Jack talk. Then Jack makes the mistake of poking him awake. Not a good idea, Jack! “Who’s making me coffee?” Was half expecting him to say “and bacon.” LOL

Dean and Cas in their hats. LOL (again)

Sam and Jack being FBI? Jack as trainee I could almost buy. But where was his badge? Also, anyone notice the names were all the actors from the movie “Tombstone”? I did feel a slight pang at the use of “Paxton” though. RIP Bill Paxton.

Dean geeking out over ghoul taking form of old famous cowboy.

Then the ghoul pulls an old fashioned bank robbery! Jack steps up, throws ghoul and guard and kills the guard. I had been spoiled, had seen that Jack did a ‘terrible thing’ and leaves Sam and Dean, so I knew something was coming. Wasn’t expecting this. I mean, this was a mistake and I know it would haunt Jack but I expected something far worse, I guess?

Sheriff goes with Dean and gets dragged down into hole. Dean goes after him. We get a “Die Hard” reference and a hilarious scene of Dean falling out of the chute. Wonder if that was really Jensen or his stunt double?

Sheriff gets the shot.

Dean comes full circle on Jack (knew he would. It was fairly predictable), but Jack blasts them all and teleports out.

So solid episode, some very funny moments, but yeah, bit predictable. A lot of what happened this episode felt clichéd and like I saw it coming a mile off?
    Great job as always! I totally would have expected the bacon comment lol. I loved seeing Dean geek out about an old west style case/aesthetic for most of the episode. I miss Frontierland lol. Not that surprised about Jack taking off. TPTB never keep a main cast member in the majority of episodes with the exception of J and J. This is something that's bugged me about the show for a long time. Though the writing in general for the show is better than a lot of the other CW shows, I still feel like the CW shows in general, including Supernatural, do not have a strong enough story to tell to justify a 23 episode season. I really wish the CW would reduce the number of episodes for the majority of their shows so that they can write a much tighter story. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
      Great job as always!
      Thanks.

I really wish the CW would reduce the number of episodes for the majority of their shows so that they can write a much tighter story. What do you think?
      Well, I believe that this year they're only doing 22 episodes (it's only been the last couple of years they've gone to 23). I'm torn. Sometimes I'd like a shorter, tighter season. But at the same time, a lot of times shorter seasons feel me wanting more, often for too long because then you have to wait a long time for new episodes. I think maybe a 14 to 17 episode season would be best for shows like SPN. That would give us less filler but also leave us some room for 'fun' episodes or the like.

I know Jared has talked about how he thinks the final season (whenever it takes place) should be about 13 episodes--leading into the Supernatural movie (on the big screen)!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎