No announcement yet.

Once Upon a Time #7.7 "Eloise Gardener" & #7.8 "Pretty in Blue"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time #7.7 "Eloise Gardener" & #7.8 "Pretty in Blue"

What did you think of tonight's 2-Hour Event?

Edit: Well, I had the first episode figured out before it was over—mainly because the woman in the tower was the only person we never saw in town, which would mean she had to be the missing girl, Eloise Gardner.

It was pretty obvious that she was masquerading as Rapunzel in the flashbacks, too.

I was surprised that Alice turned out to be Wish Hook's daughter, but I'm not surprised with all the anvils they tried to drop (with the chessboard and game pieces in previous episodes).

The second episode wasn't as good. All the stuff with poisoned hearts didn't really make that much sense to me, but I did like the version of Wonderland we got compared to earlier seasons.

I can't imagine who it is in California that hates Regina, but I hope it's someone good. My first thought was Zelena, but I thought they came to an understanding after all this time?

Anyway, at least we finally got some important answers. It sucks we have to wait so long for a new ep, though.
    Last edited by Aries83; 11-17-2017, 09:58 PM.

I figured Rapunzel would turn out to be the witch but, didn’t see coming Alice being WRHook’s daughter. I thought Alice was awake in HH so, I’m surprised she doesn’t know Rogers is her father.

And speaking of being awake...why didn’t Gold admit to Regina he was awake too? What’s he playing at?

I wasn’t really paying much attention to the second episode so I’m not sure what was going with Ella’s mother, Alice and why Drizella needed them in Wonderland?

Originally posted by Aries83
    I can't imagine who it is in California that hates Regina, but I hope it's someone good. My first thought was Zelena, but I thought they came to an understanding after all this time?.
    Same here...after so many years later Zelena is still pouting. Where’s the growth with her character? I’m surprised though that Regina/Henry are able to leave Seattle. The original curse prevented them from leaving the town border (though I guess cause Storybrooke was conjured from scratch) but, is Hyperion Heights an actual neighborhood in Seattle?

Anyway, I’m glad we still got a few more episodes left before the mid season finale cause usually we would have been done now until the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      And speaking of being awake...why didn’t Gold admit to Regina he was awake too? What’s he playing at?
      Yeah, I was confused by that too. Regina said, "If you're keeping your cover because of The Guardian, it's the wrong move," so whoever The Guardian is (the one they mentioned could remove Rumple's name from the dagger) has some role to play in why he won't help Regina.

I wasn’t really paying much attention to the second episode so I’m not sure what was going with Ella’s mother, Alice and why Drizella needed them in Wonderland?
      Yeah, that part of the story was really confusing to understand.

What I remember is that Jacinda told Henry that her mother abandoned the family and that her father went looking for her. Apparently, they had matching lockets that would glow (which meant they were in love and could find each other). Her father's locket stopped working one day, so he figured her mother fell out of love with him and stopped looking for her.

Then, she entered the maze and found Alice who had her mother's locket. Alice then told her that both of her parents' hearts had been poisoned (since they both bore the same mark on their body). Alice called it The Curse of the Poison Heart. Alice told Jacinda that her mother died when a Jaberwock attacked her tea party. That's when Ella realized her mother left so that her father and the rest of the family wouldn't be hurt.

It just wasn't very good writing. If I remember correctly, Henry and Jacinda ended up in Wonderland because they were chasing after Alice (who ran away after Hook was hurt when they tried to hug). Drizella just happened to be there looking for dangerous poisons so she could poison Henry's heart. She mentioned that she was working on her Dark Curse. At that point, she probably knew her mother wanted to steal Henry's heart to bring Anastasia back. So, Drizella wanted to prevent that (while also keeping Jacinda away from Henry by poisoning his heart).

At least, what's what I got from all of it...

I'm wondering if Alice has the ability to open portals, too, because how was she able to get from the New Realm to Wonderland so easily?

after so many years later Zelena is still pouting. Where’s the growth with her character?
      I agree. I'm wondering if something went down in the New Realm that we haven't seen yet. Like, maybe Regina called Zelena in to hep with Belfrey/Drizella, but it ended badly, with Zelena resenting Regina before being swept up in The Dark Curse. It could always be someone else, though, since they did bring Mr. Smee back after all this time.

I’m surprised though that Regina/Henry are able to leave Seattle. The original curse prevented them from leaving the town border (though I guess cause Storybrooke was conjured from scratch) but, is Hyperion Heights an actual neighborhood in Seattle?
      I thought about that too. Drizella told Henry that she learned from Regina's mistakes (when she was about to stab him with the poison from the mushroom), so why would she allow anyone to escape Seattle? Who knows

Comment

Kinda figured Rapunzel and the Witch were the same person. Though, at first, I figured Rapunzel would eventually become a witch (like how Fiona eventually became a fairy and then the Black Fairy). Wasn't surprised when Hook's baby turned out to be Alice. Not that I mind that development.

Thought the whole Wonderland bit was a bit off. Okay, so they start off chasing Alice to Wonderland, then Cinderella reveals that she has her own business there. Was she waiting for Alice to show up? Then Drizella shows up, which made me confused about when the flashback takes place. Are we still in the early days of their time in this realm or have we jumped a year or two, since the flashbacks of last week's episode?

Comment

I figured Rapunzel would turn out to be the witch but, didn’t see coming Alice being WRHook’s daughter. I thought Alice was awake in HH so, I’m surprised she doesn’t know Rogers is her father.
          Some episodes ago, they established that Tilly (the cursed Alice) takes medication on a regular basis, which affects her true memories. When she stops taking her meds, she starts to remember things from her past. After shooting Weaver, she went back on her meds, which should've surpressed her memories of being Alice and all knowledge that Rogers is her father.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            Was she waiting for Alice to show up? Then Drizella shows up, which made me confused about when the flashback takes place. Are we still in the early days of their time in this realm or have we jumped a year or two, since the flashbacks of last week's episode?
            No, she wasn't waiting for Alice, she (and Henry) followed her through the portal. It just turned out that she had her mother's locket because her mother was at one of Alce's tea parties, where she probably told her her backstory (before she was killed).

As for when the flashback took place, I'm guessing they occurred some time AFTER last week, because Drizella told Henry she was working on a Dark Curse. She needed poisons from Wonderland to complete it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎