No announcement yet.

#4.9 "Let Them Eat Pie"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.9 "Let Them Eat Pie"

I thought this was a lot better than last week.

A bit slow in some spots, but the dinner scene totally made up for it. It was definitely the highlight for me, despite the fact that I was seriously grossed out when everybody started chowing down...

I was also glad that Oswald finally found out about Sofia.

I guess we'll have to see what happens with her (and Professor Pyg) in a couple of weeks.

I felt awful for Alfred in this episode. I hope he can get through to Bruce, eventually...

What did everybody else think?

Raise your hand if you wanted to backhand Bruce by the end of the episode. I know I did.

Comment

I guess this show can't tone down it's eww factor. Not that I closed my eyes during the dinner scene. It's just one of those Gotham moments I won't want to see again. For what it's worth, Pyg's plan was dastardly and befitting of the great villain that he is.

I still can't get too invested in Sofia. Maybe it's because her endgame has yet to unravel. Or maybe it's because of the love triangle of sorts she created with Jim and Oswald. And like I said a few weeks back, I really hoped we wouldn't find ourselves in another situation where Penguin gets romantically shot down. You would think he would have learned his lesson. It was also weird seeing him act like Sofia and Martin are his friends, because just last week he said that he didn't believe in friendship anymore.

I actually enjoyed Jim as captain. He looked prime for the role. Harvey made an early exit and it makes me wonder if will not be around for the next few episodes.

The Bruce storyline was a rough one to sit through, but it was also to be expected. There was no way Bruce, after all he's been through, wasn't heading towards a downward spiral at some point. Just like with Jim and Harvey, the show is trying a new dynamic in Bruce and Alfred's relationship and that's ok for the time being. It won't be anything permanent as we all know.

All in all, it was a fine episode in terms of moving the storylines forward. Pyg's human pies and all...

Comment

Didn't really enjoy this ep, but I can see it as a necessary evil needed to set up the plots for the next following eps.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
          Raise your hand if you wanted to backhand Bruce by the end of the episode. I know I did.
          When he told Alfred, "Now, clean this place up!," my heart sank a little bit, but the delivery of that line was SO good.

Originally posted by costas22
          I guess this show can't tone down it's eww factor. Not that I closed my eyes during the dinner scene. It's just one of those Gotham moments I won't want to see again.
          I agree. No more cannibalistic plot lines, please! This season has been particularly gory/violent, though.

I still can't get too invested in Sofia. Maybe it's because her endgame has yet to unravel. Or maybe it's because of the love triangle of sorts she created with Jim and Oswald. . . . I really hoped we wouldn't find ourselves in another situation where Penguin gets romantically shot down. You would think he would have learned his lesson. It was also weird seeing him act like Sofia and Martin are his friends, because just last week he said that he didn't believe in friendship anymore.
          I'm ready for her to go, mainly because—as I've said before—she's just another woman who came to town and ended up in bed with Gordon. No matter how you cut it, that's what happened. It's such a played out card at this point. Then again, I find scenes with her more interesting than Nygma/Grundy...

The Bruce storyline was a rough one to sit through, but it was also to be expected. There was no way Bruce, after all he's been through, wasn't heading towards a downward spiral at some point. Just like with Jim and Harvey, the show is trying a new dynamic in Bruce and Alfred's relationship and that's ok for the time being. It won't be anything permanent as we all know.
          Yeah, and he's at an age where those kinds of pep talks from Alfred just don't work anymore. I can't wait for them to be buddies again, though

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎