No announcement yet.

Unable to Post, Grayed Out Reply Box

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Post, Grayed Out Reply Box

After several attempts, I finally was able to post this. I’m not sure if this is a site issue or an iOS issue but, within the last few weeks I’ve been unable to post much because the dialogue box to post quick replies, advanced replies or general posting is grayed out.The editing tools above are still visible but, for example, I click on a thread everything looks fine until I scroll to the bottom where the quick reply box is; the tools bar is visible but, the box to start typing is grayed out. Clicking on the quick reply on top doesn’t work.

It happens here and there. Sometimes it looks like things are working properly and other times, it takes me several tries before I can post. I ask if it’s an iOS issue because I switched over to Apple completely so, I’m not sure if it’s an iOS 11 issue. I’ve tried using different bowsers (Firefox, Chrome) same issue.

I use Android and I noticed the same just now. I couldn't type anything in the reply box, which was grey. In order to bypass it, I pressed on "Post Quick Reply" and the reply box was accessible in the new page that opened. The same happens if you press on "Go Advanced".

Just checked and the issue doesn't appear when I'm using the laptop.
    Last edited by costas22; 11-10-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I switched over to my iPad and it still happens. “Go Advance” works now and than for me (like now, though if I refresh the page it’ll be grayed out too).

Comment

I tried editing my last post and I wasn’t able to:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8C8C18-9ADE-45A2-8430-C7291C5C8D4C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	6628619

Comment

I had this same problem on my phone, I have an android. I had to click "Go Advanced" to post a reply.

Comment

I was having the same problem but, as of today, looks like it is fixed (thanks to whoever did that!). THe grayed out boxes have, far as I can tell, gone away.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎