Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allison Mack, Second-in-Command of a Sex Cult

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is wise in her case to plead not guilty?

Comment

^If she has a lawyer, maybe they are asking her to say that just in case they can spin the story and say she was victim too.

Comment

Her lawyers will advise her to claim Stockholm Syndrome and temporary insanity. My guess is she will be sentenced to mandatory counseling and a few years parole. I very much doubt she will serve hard time for the simple fact that she is a woman and there is such a fact as the sentencing gap.

Comment

Really? Because when I read about all she has supposedly done... she looks severely deranged. And she is his right arm after all.

Comment

While I think Allison was "brainwashed," I also think, after reading the complaint, that she took a pretty active role in directing some of the activities. And some of the descriptions indicate she used deceit at times (by not clarifying, by not being forthcoming about certain things), which tells me that she knew at some level that what she was doing was wrong or objectionable or would have met resistance from others, and so she used deceit. I feel like that puts her on a different level from the lower level cult members and therefore she does deserve some kind of sentencing.

Whether or not she goes to jail, she needs some serious help (as do all the others). For starters: deprogramming!

If anybody hasn't seen and is curious about the complaint, here's a link. Page 4 is about where it starts in with info about the organization etc. Mack is CC-1

Comment

Originally posted by Martin le Magicien
              Really? Because when I read about all she has supposedly done... she looks severely deranged. And she is his right arm after all.
              Time will tell. But don't forget that a trial is not about the truth but what the DA can prove and how good your defense (lawyer) is*.

*For example, if the Artvoice articles are correct, she appears to have handed over certain compromising pictures and made-up confessions to Raniere. Her lawyer could claim that she did this in the beginning when she was duped and later blackmailed to do his bidding.

I'm not trying to defend her action but I have the suspicion that her defense will be built somewhere along those lines.
              Last edited by DJ Doena; 04-21-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I don't know a lot about the legal system (in the US, no less), but I have a feeling that citing brainwashing and blackmail will probably help her dodge the heaviest of punishments. If she pleads not guilty by just refusing to admit she's done anything wrong, well, I don't know how much that will help her. Especially if there is concrete evidence against her. For her sake, I hope she has finally opened her eyes to who Raniere truly is.

That's all from a legal point of view. From a moral standpoint, the more we found out about her role in this cult, the less sympathy I have for her. And for me, being brainwashed can only excuse so much, IMO. And she's gone far and beyond that threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
                  While I think Allison was "brainwashed," I also think, after reading the complaint, that she took a pretty active role in directing some of the activities. And some of the descriptions indicate she used deceit at times (by not clarifying, by not being forthcoming about certain things), which tells me that she knew at some level that what she was doing was wrong or objectionable or would have met resistance from others, and so she used deceit. I feel like that puts her on a different level from the lower level cult members and therefore she does deserve some kind of sentencing.

Whether or not she goes to jail, she needs some serious help (as do all the others). For starters: deprogramming!

If anybody hasn't seen and is curious about the complaint, here's a link. Page 4 is about where it starts in with info about the organization etc. Mack is CC-1

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...46381/download

thanks. i was wondering if there was an official document somewhere. Just even more after that. I missed the first wave of this story in November. Learned everything yesterday/ last night. If Kristin introduced Allison to this group I wonder how she's feelings. (If that's true, I don't remember where I read that) Also, I really want to know the reaction of the Smallville cast and her family/friends. I guess that will all come out in time. Now that Welling is back on tv (something else I learned just yesterday) that question is sure to come up in interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                    Now that Welling is back on tv (something else I learned just yesterday)
                    Side topic: If you haven't checked out Lucifer, do it. It's a great show. In season three, Tom is a recurring guest star playing a police lieutenant in the precinct (with his own story arc which I'm not going to spoil here).

Comment

Here's the official press statement of the US Attorney: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...rafficking-and

Comment

thanks. i was wondering if there was an official document somewhere. Just even more after that. I missed the first wave of this story in November. Learned everything yesterday/ last night. If Kristin introduced Allison to this group I wonder how she's feelings. (If that's true, I don't remember where I read that) Also, I really want to know the reaction of the Smallville cast and her family/friends. I guess that will all come out in time. Now that Welling is back on tv (something else I learned just yesterday) that question is sure to come up in interviews.
                        I also missed the wave of news coverage this had in November. I only learned about it because it finally hit mainstream media yesterday. It was very shocking and disgusting to read it. Kreuk already released a statement in March about how she had no involvement in any of the sex cult stuff but does acknowledge that she was a member of the group at some point. She received support from Erica Durance.

Other than that, if I were any of the cast members, I wouldn't come near this story. Especially Tom Welling and Justin Hartley, who are doing extremely well for themselves on their respective shows. As someone else mentioned on Reddit, their names will be associated with "click-bait" titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...46381/download
                          This is just so messed up. I am shocked that she would be a part of something so cruel and disgusting. How messed up was she that she thought being a part of something like this was a good thing. I would say she for sure is going to jail. They already denied her bail because they deemed her a potential flight risk. She is going to see some serious jail time unless her lawyers some how can turn this into an insanity plea.

Comment

So much cognitive dissonance:

Comment

Unless she willingly testified against the guy in courts, gives the feds any evidence that she has that can help lock the guy away forever and fully admits wrong doing and that she comes to terms that she was brainwashed. She could very well do hard time. Hopefully her mom is able to talk some sense into her now.

Comment

Oh I’m sure the tabloids will be asking them questions, but whether Tom and company will have anything to say. Would be anyone guess. I mean your part of a show for ten years, cast and crew can become like a second family. And I imagine it would be difficult to speak out against family even when you know that person did wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎