Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of "Return of the Mack"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of "Return of the Mack"?

Post what you think of the ep here!
    10--Love that mack!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--stake it to death!
    0%

The good:
    Liked it when Mick got into the vampire-hunting spirit starting with the book he was reading.
    Darhk slaughtering Time Bureau agents to the tune of a mid-’90s R&B song made for such a delightfully twisted moment. I love that this show maintains its sly sense of humor even in its darkest moments.
    Finally, it’s good to see the series continue to build towards Garber’s departure with grace.

The bad:
    As fun as it was seeing Victor Garber play Stein’s evil thespian ancestor for a few minutes, I’m not really sure what the point of that character was in the end.
    I didn't like it at first when they tried to hide things from Stein when they were trying to keep Firestorm stable without needing two people. At least Stein rightfully called out Ray and Jax for doing that, and they were able to resolve this issue without too much drama.

Comment

First and foremost, Damien Darhk coming back and casually slaughtering people while sipping liquor while "Return of the Mack" plays was by far and wide the greatest thing I have seen so far this season. It was truly a golden moment, better because it was his phone ringtone and I like the song and it's been playing in my head on repeat since. It kinda reminded me of the church scene in the first Kingsman movie. Although it should've been obvious this would play at some point given that it's the title of the episode.

Comment

Of the four CW superhero shows this week, I'm not embarrassed to day this was my favourite. If we want to go meta, the "Mack" in this case was Darhk. And yes, Darhk slaying people to that song was glorious.

The Jax - Stein separation anxiety subplot was the usual CW melodramatic mush, but it was overall a fun ep. The seeds for the eventual crossover are starting to appear too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          The good:
          Liked it when Mick got into the vampire-hunting spirit starting with the book he was reading.
          Darhk slaughtering Time Bureau agents to the tune of a mid-’90s R&B song made for such a delightfully twisted moment. I love that this show maintains its sly sense of humor even in its darkest moments.
          Finally, it’s good to see the series continue to build towards Garber’s departure with grace.
          Word.

The bad:
          As fun as it was seeing Victor Garber play Stein’s evil thespian ancestor for a few minutes, I’m not really sure what the point of that character was in the end.
          I didn't like it at first when they tried to hide things from Stein when they were trying to keep Firestorm stable without needing two people. At least Stein rightfully called out Ray and Jax for doing that, and they were able to resolve this issue without too much drama.
          Victor Garber was the point. They're giving the man awesome character beats as a thank you present during his farewell run, basic as that, and I will miss him.

Comment

Nice to see them reference a few of Purcell's other roles (instead of just Prison Break), with Mick reading Dracula (whom he played in Blade Trinity) and the whole John Doe, that fell from the sky thing.

Though, with Mick reading Dracula and part of the episode revolving around them hunting a vampire, I found it odd that they had this take place 1895, instead of 1897. Unless the writers screwed up. After all, in this episode, they had Nate insist that Jack the Ripper committed his murders right around now (they actually happen in 1888).

Growing tired of the ridiculous excuses they keep making for why Nate can't use his powers.

Not sure if there was a point to Sir Henry Stein, beyond allowing Garber to play a different character. Could Sir Henry and [SPOILER]the body swap in next week's episode[/SPOILER] have been the writers attempt to bribe Garber to stay on the show for a bit longer (rather than him just leaving between seasons or in the first episode)?

Liked Zari's plotline.

Comment

I don't think it's been talked about yet, but I need to address the ending of the episode. I'm completely on the side of Sara there, she was totally in the right to sell Rip out to the Time Bureau. Ever since Day 1, he's been doing underhanded, sneaky and conniving things to just about everyone, helping to bring back her worst enemy and honestly it's about time someone humbled him. She and the rest of the team didn't even wanna trust him earlier in the episode, and then he proved her right, hell he even relieved them of their jobs in the season opener because they were a bunch of screw-ups (he technically wasn't wrong there), so he can't be surprised people don't wanna work him anymore.

He'll most likely show up again in future episodes but it does seem like the writers are picking on Rip a little bit more this year.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎