No announcement yet.

What did you think of "Girls night out?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by President_Luthor
    Related: Felicity attending their party can only mean that she and Iris have been buddying up a lot in OffscreenVille.
    The participation of her bachelorette party was indeed weird. There were only three women there, besides Iris, and out of those three you've got:

Cecille: her father's girlfriend.

Caitlin: someone they admit isn't really friends with Iris. Considering she works for STAR Labs, which is owned by Iris' future husband, they're more: employee of spouse/spouse of employer.

Felicity: a Star City resident, that Iris has barely interacted with (and how would you explain her, to someone who doesn't know that Barry is the Flash..? even if that's only two people out of the entire population of Central City).

So, I take it Iris has no female friends... Well, at least, it matches her non-existant journalism job. She has no social life (outside of Barry) and she has no career.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      The participation of her bachelorette party was indeed weird. There were only three women there, besides Iris, and out of those three you've got:

Cecille: her father's girlfriend.

Caitlin: someone they admit isn't really friends with Iris. Considering she works for STAR Labs, which is owned by Iris' future husband, they're more: employee of spouse/spouse of employer.

Felicity: a Star City resident, that Iris has barely interacted with (and how would you explain her, to someone who doesn't know that Barry is the Flash..? even if that's only two people out of the entire population of Central City).

So, I take it Iris has no female friends... Well, at least, it matches her non-existant journalism job. She has no social life (outside of Barry) and she has no career.
      That's just your typical CW lazy writing technique. Basically unless it involves the main star or someone else in "the main group of characters", there is no allowances for social lives or interaction. It's something that's been cropping up in the CW more and more in recent years. Or maybe I'm just only realizing this now because I've only been watching the CW since besides Supernatural I only watched the channel heavily when Arrow and its spin-offs started up.

Like the writers don't even bother worrying to acknowledge how Barry or Iris are making money anymore...as you said Iris has no job and for all we know H.R's Star Labs "Museum Tourism" idea died with him. So even IF Barry still owns the lab, how does he make enough money to keep it running? Granted he has his day job as a CSI, but is that enough to cover rent for his and Iris's apartment sweet AND a laboratory that would probably cost near hundreds of thousands of dollars in utility bills alone? My guess is not. Pretty sure the banks would've confiscated that building long ago in the real world, Barry and Iris are average middle class at best. Upkeeping a building like Star Labs must cost a fortune.

Even IF Iris still kept her career, between her and Barry that still wouldn't be enough to cover both Lab upkeep AND their home, even if you throw into consideration frugal spending.

But hey, gotta make 'dem weddings happen, right? Who cares about stretching realism to the point of nonsensical insanity when the CW has to cash in on their trademarked drama?

Comment

It seems to be a unspoken rule on the CW that you never talk about things like money unless it's relevant to the plot. So naturally they're never gonna bring up those questions/issues unless it's done for drama.

Comment

Regarding STAR Labs I don't even worry about it that much anymore because aside from the fact that it's based off a comic book (which already means realism isn't there), we only see the same 4 or 5 rooms every episode and the lack of security joke comes up all the time. I don't even know if the building has a vending machine in there.

Though the jobs thing does beg the question on what Cisco does for a living besides being Vibe. It's been established he has his own apartment so he makes a living somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidMike
            Regarding STAR Labs I don't even worry about it that much anymore because aside from the fact that it's based off a comic book (which already means realism isn't there), we only see the same 4 or 5 rooms every episode and the lack of security joke comes up all the time. I don't even know if the building has a vending machine in there.

Though the jobs thing does beg the question on what Cisco does for a living besides being Vibe. It's been established he has his own apartment so he makes a living somehow.
            Before Barry inherited it from Thawn/original Harrison Wells, both Cisco AND Kate were actually official employees working for the lab, so I assume that before Barry took over at least, that's were Cisco got his paychecks from. Again though, since the lab doesn't get any funding that we know of, it does beg the question as you say. Does Barry keep paying Cisco from his mom and dad's inheritance? I know Cisco's technically a consultant for the CCPD, but I can't imagine that paying anywere near as well as a full time employee as the PD.

But again, the CW would have to be intelligent enough to establish in the story how our characters/heroes live their daily lives outside of Star Labs, but unless it involves Melodrama, the CW is simply incapable of that. Even if Barry's parents left him a decent amount, there's STILL no way that's enough to cover bills that would probably cost millions per year to run Star Labs on a yearly basis. Never mind trying to pay Cisco or Kate for sticking around as much as they do. Something tells me they aren't getting paychecks for sticking around Star Labs anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎