Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Big Empty"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Big Empty"?

Sam wants to take Jack on a hunt. Dean’s reply of no and his line about “Adventures in Babysitting the Anti-Christ?” was hilarious. Sam playing the “for me” card. Jack watching “Clone Wars” and not liking Anakin (and Sam’s little ‘that’s good’) was cute. LOL Jack throwing the can opener line back at Sam. His reply of telling him he cares and that he won’t let Dean kill him was sweet.

They take him on the hunt but have him stay in the car, which of course he doesn’t. They even get Jack to dig (it was nice to see a good old fashioned salt and burn). “What gets burned stays dead.” Uh huh, Dean.

Going in for counseling, referring to Jack as their “little brother” (ah, poor Adam!)—he kinda does look a little like a Winchester though. And having it turn into actually therapy/a dialogue was something I saw coming but enjoyed anyway.

So the counselor is a shifter (figured that after no EMF—I’d forgotten about Revenants, actually).

We get some progress with Jack and Dean. At least Dean lets him come along.

Jack and ‘Kelly’ get their closure, as it were (I’m a bit bored with that whole Kelly line, actually). Then the shifter turns into Dean (what happened to their codeword—“funkytown”?).

Dean being nice to Jack and then Jack using his powers—and to save Sam, no less. I thought that was sweet. After all, Sam is the only one in this world who actually does seem to care about him so of course he’d protect him.

Sam gets the shifter and they go home. Where Jack gets actual praise from Dean (ah, more progress!). Am I the only one who figured he would warm to the kid? And that it will just make it that much harder if Dean and/or Sam does have to kill him? Or if the kid ends up having to sacrifice himself?

Dean telling Sam to keep the faith for both of them.

And Castiel. So the Empty—is that like the Void? I’m confused. And this is where angels and demons go when they die. Huh, nice to have that question answered. We fans have been wondering that for a while.

Cas vs. the ‘entity’ (how very Lovecraftian) who has been around since before God and Amara and sleeping. Also, can I take a moment to question why Misha went with that voice for the Entity? Um, it was weird. Cas ends up back on Earth. Who else saw that coming a mile away? *raises hand*

Another excellent episode (with great performances from everyone, especially Alex Calvert and Jared). Season 13 has been firing all thrusters, IMO.
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    Sam wants to take Jack on a hunt. Dean’s reply of no and his line about “Adventures in Babysitting the Anti-Christ?” was hilarious. Sam playing the “for me” card. Jack watching “Clone Wars” and not liking Anakin (and Sam’s little ‘that’s good’) was cute. LOL Jack throwing the can opener line back at Sam. His reply of telling him he cares and that he won’t let Dean kill him was sweet.

They take him on the hunt but have him stay in the car, which of course he doesn’t. They even get Jack to dig (it was nice to see a good old fashioned salt and burn). “What gets burned stays dead.” Uh huh, Dean.

Going in for counseling, referring to Jack as their “little brother” (ah, poor Adam!)—he kinda does look a little like a Winchester though. And having it turn into actually therapy/a dialogue was something I saw coming but enjoyed anyway.

So the counselor is a shifter (figured that after no EMF—I’d forgotten about Revenants, actually).

We get some progress with Jack and Dean. At least Dean lets him come along.

Jack and ‘Kelly’ get their closure, as it were (I’m a bit bored with that whole Kelly line, actually). Then the shifter turns into Dean (what happened to their codeword—“funkytown”?).

Dean being nice to Jack and then Jack using his powers—and to save Sam, no less. I thought that was sweet. After all, Sam is the only one in this world who actually does seem to care about him so of course he’d protect him.

Sam gets the shifter and they go home. Where Jack gets actual praise from Dean (ah, more progress!). Am I the only one who figured he would warm to the kid? And that it will just make it that much harder if Dean and/or Sam does have to kill him? Or if the kid ends up having to sacrifice himself?

Dean telling Sam to keep the faith for both of them.

And Castiel. So the Empty—is that like the Void? I’m confused. And this is where angels and demons go when they die. Huh, nice to have that question answered. We fans have been wondering that for a while.

Cas vs. the ‘entity’ (how very Lovecraftian) who has been around since before God and Amara and sleeping. Also, can I take a moment to question why Misha went with that voice for the Entity? Um, it was weird. Cas ends up back on Earth. Who else saw that coming a mile away? *raises hand*

Another excellent episode (with great performances from everyone, especially Alex Calvert and Jared). Season 13 has been firing all thrusters, IMO.
    Great recap and review as always! I have to say, I've been on board with this season thus far as well! Hope to see more episodes with Asmodaeus and the AU with Lucifer, Mary and Michael. I was wondering about the entity and the voice that Misha chose as well lol. I wonder where that story line is going to go... Overall, I'm really happy with the show and excited for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
      Great recap and review as always! I have to say, I've been on board with this season thus far as well! Hope to see more episodes with Asmodaeus and the AU with Lucifer, Mary and Michael. I was wondering about the entity and the voice that Misha chose as well lol. I wonder where that story line is going to go... Overall, I'm really happy with the show and excited for the rest of the season.
      Thanks! Yeah, it's been a good season. The AU stuff with Mary and Lucifer has been a little lackluster for me so far but Jack, Asmodeus, etc. All that has been cool.

This season really has felt like a bit of a resurgence for the show, at least to me. I'm excited for the rest of the season too.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎