No announcement yet.

The Gifted #1.5 "boXed In"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gifted #1.5 "boXed In"

Count down to tonight's Gifted, talk about it live while it airs, then let this be the episode thread!

Pics and more can be found here: http://xmentv.com/tag/boxed-in/

This was such a fun episode. They are really finding a good balance between episodes that tell a complete story, but also work as a larger piece of the season. Lorna continues to be a highlight. Again, some of my favourite stuff is when the humans rise up and do the right thing. Got to see some good stuff with Sage. It really feels like a large group of people who have lives and pasts, and we're trying to catch up with them at this hectic moment in their lives.

I really love the fun ways they're combining powers, and using them singularly as well.

This may not be the best comicbooky show out there, but it is DAMN enjoyable, with a lot of stuff for the fans. And I admit I may be biased, but because of my love of all things Days of Future Past, this show feels almost like it was MADE for me.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JasonGrey
      This was such a fun episode. They are really finding a good balance between episodes that tell a complete story, but also work as a larger piece of the season. Lorna continues to be a highlight. Again, some of my favourite stuff is when the humans rise up and do the right thing. Got to see some good stuff with Sage. It really feels like a large group of people who have lives and pasts, and we're trying to catch up with them at this hectic moment in their lives.

I really love the fun ways they're combining powers, and using them singularly as well.

This may not be the best comicbooky show out there, but it is DAMN enjoyable, with a lot of stuff for the fans. And I admit I may be biased, but because of my love of all things Days of Future Past, this show feels almost like it was MADE for me.

J
      I agree except for this part kind of. Its not comicbooky yes its messy dirty and great because its drama. You get to get into life and death situation and you get to feel for the characters. I saw an interview about Spider man that Stan Lee did a while back and he said part of spider man's appeal is he has to deal with life. Problems that ordinary people can relate to. I can relate to this and I love it.

Look at Flash after Zoom Broke his back he was back up like nothing happened the next episode. One of the questions are how do they keep the lights on at Star Labs?

The episode itself was great you got action and drama. I mentioned Reed feeling like a bad guy in the pilot cause of his name but they layered that in the last episode. Here they did the same to the FBI guy Jace. He joined Sentinel Services to keep people safe like he was not able to with is daughter but they showed he wasn't just a robot. He also started questioning what he was doing. Remember in that scene. Today was his last day on the job. and Dreamer had to mess that up. It always great to have a bad guy that he thinks he's doing the right thing.

I actually didn't consider Lorna's insight to the situation at first I mean I thought she went after the Sentinel Service guys for revenge but it was for info on what the labs did to Pulse and were planning on doing to her.

Speaking of Days of Future Past one of the Files said Hound DoFP reference yes?

Comment

Yes, yes it did!

And man, can you imagine how Jace must feel right now? All those wounds, ripped open anew? And he's got to realise, or at least will piece it together very soon, that this will be the second time he's gone through this??

Comment

I mentioned early on that I wasn't really all that interested in watching this series but reading the reviews here is perking my interest so that I might actually give the show a shot.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎