Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Faithful" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Faithful" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down to tonight's new Supergirl and talk about it LIVE while it's on!

Extras can be found here:

When they recast Alura they should have kept her usual costume style. She feels too different in the new costume.

I wonder how much longer Kara is going to be able to keep the fact that she's Supergirl from Lena. If she keeps having to run out on emergencies while Lena is around she might start to piece things together.

Comment

Definitely better than last week's episode. I didn't care for the cult stuff, but I enjoyed stuff with Kara, Lena, and Reign. The episodes' endings also save it as well.

Comment

I liked the exploration of Kryptonian religion and how it dovetailed with the exploration of Martian religion last week as the Martians prayed together too at the end. I also liked the four women -- Kara, Alex, Lena, and Sam -- playing off each other. I also liked that they've taken the first steps toward Reign. On the down side, I could do without the inevitable Sanvers break up arc, but that's life. I do wonder if Alex is going to end up adopting Ruby in the event Sam/Reign can't be salvaged for parenting purposes. I also wonder who Ruby's father is, because if Reign was capable of children that will lead Kara to explore the idea too. Normally, I'm not a fan of babies on these shows, but with Kara there is the biological imperative and all the attendant themes, so it wouldn't be a run of the mill narrative.
        Last edited by Raissa; 10-30-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
          I liked the exploration of Kryptonian religion and how it dovetailed with the exploration of Martian religion last week as the Martians prayed together too at the end. I also liked the four women -- Kara, Alex, Lena, and Sam -- playing off each other. I also liked that they've taken the first steps toward Reign. On the down side, I could do without the inevitable Sanvers break up arc, but that's life. I do wonder if Alex is going to end up adopting Ruby in the event Sam/Reign can't be salvaged for parenting purposes. I also wonder who Ruby's father is, because if Reign was capable of children that will lead Kara to explore the idea too. Normally, I'm not a fan of babies on these shows, but with Kara there is the biological imperative and all the attendant themes, so it wouldn't be a run of the mill narrative.
          That was my thoughts too as well. I also wonder if it'll ever be brought up with Superman too, once this topic arises. This might lead Clark/Kal-El to start thinking about kids himself too.
          After all, in comic Canon Superman was the first to have kids before Kara, and he's already in a relationship with Lois Lane on Supergirl.

I confess that seeing a young Jonathan Kent or Kon-el from the comics series on Supergirl would be nice, even if it's only as babies so that they don't take the spotlight away from Supergirl. And hey, it would probably give Superman a good excuse to not show up for the big stuff.

Comment

Huh, been a while since I shared my thoughts (or even logged in here). But tonight's episode of Supergirl seems to be a good place to begin.

Enjoyable Stuff

- I sort of found the cult stuff interesting, if only because it dovetailed with the nods to major religions, as well as the inclusion of Kara praying to Rao at the end and J'onn joining his father. I'm an atheist myself, but I appreciate the fact they gave a nod to most major religions along with their alien ones during the episode. This was far more balanced than I've come to expect from the Supergirl writers when it comes to adding bits and pieces of their political agenda into the story (last week's episode is a good example of the more heavy-handed style I've come to expect from them since it makes no sense to include the stuff about the Trump Wall when the president in Supergirl is a woman from another planet).
            - James talking to Kara about the first time Superman saved him was a nice touch and showed them actually growing and being friends and not 'jiilted lover/former LI' or whatever that was last season.
            - I enjoyed the friendship growing between Reign, Kara, Alex, and Lena. It's gonna be bad when she eventually goes evil.
            - I am thoroughly enjoying the return to Alex & Kara's dynamic since it was missing too much in S2, as far as I'm concerned, thanks to the focus on their relationships with Mon-El & Maggie.

Irritating Stuff

- Relationship melodrama w/Alex and Maggie. Seriously, didn't we already go through 'kid melodrama' with Olicity in Arrow S4? Do we really need to repeat this whole thing? Can't they at least come up with something original? At this point, I'd have preferred they just had Maggie die in the first episode during the attack on the pier.

Shout-Outs

- Loved how when Kara realized the cult was worshiping her she got all bug-eyed for a moment.
            - They did a pretty good job showcasing the struggles of a working mother with Reign and her daughter.
            - Kara confronting Coville and him recognizing her; nice little nod to the fact that the glasses really aren't a great disguise.

Exasperating Stuff

- Lena somehow doesn't hear Alex say to Kara that the girls on stage are looking up to her, not worshiping her.
            - Kara taking off after hearing sirens not raising eyebrows with the uninitiated with the poor excuse of fetching ice...

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎