0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Kill it with fire
    0%

2/10.

The only purpose for this episode was to reunite olicity and show that Diggle is taking drugs.

They're also trying to force a possible relationship between Dinah and John and continue to keep her as far away from Oliver as possible.

Comment

8/10

Not as good as the last one. But: I really liked Felicity in this episode again. Starting her relationship with William by her identifying with him rather than taking some role is a good idea (especially as she does not exactly have an example of "mother role" that would work in this case so I like the different approach). So: good work on developing Felicity.

John hiding things is not surprising, he is not the one to talk about his problems. What surprised me was that he felt uncomfortable in the role as leader of a team. They had times of Team Arrow without Oliver before, so what is different now? I wonder: did Team Arrow consisting of Diggle, Felicity, Laurel and Thea not need leadership in the way Team Arrow does now? Maybe Laurel and Thea simply did what they thought was right without Diggle directing them anywhere? Does anyone recall how they worked together?

I like this new Oliver as father.

Comment

What surprised me was that he felt uncomfortable in the role as leader of a team. They had times of Team Arrow without Oliver before, so what is different now? I wonder: did Team Arrow consisting of Diggle, Felicity, Laurel and Thea not need leadership in the way Team Arrow does now? Maybe Laurel and Thea simply did what they thought was right without Diggle directing them anywhere? Does anyone recall how they worked together?
        In season 4, they sold Diggle, Thea and Laurel as all co-equal. They voted on team choices. Out in the field though he seemed in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El's Equal
          2/10.

The only purpose for this episode was to reunite olicity and show that Diggle is taking drugs.

They're also trying to force a possible relationship between Dinah and John and continue to keep her as far away from Oliver as possible.

It's pretty clear what they're really doing with Diggle as Green Arrow.....that way, Green Arrow has that comic book relationship with Black Canary and then you have Oliver with Felicity and thus, all fanbases are happy, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
            It's pretty clear what they're really doing with Diggle as Green Arrow.....that way, Green Arrow has that comic book relationship with Black Canary and then you have Oliver with Felicity and thus, all fanbases are happy, lol
            That's so funny! Anyway, even though I don't think that there will be anything between Diggle and Dinah, giving Dinah scenes with Diggle is a good way of keeping her from getting any important one-on-one scenes with Oliver. Because God forbid that Oliver should share any more significant emotional moments with any other woman except The Chosen One! In fact, it's as if the writers are afraid to let Oliver have any meaningful interaction with any woman who is not named Felicity (and I don't count S5 Susan, because she was just a ship stalling device).

Maybe they're afraid that Felicity won't seem like the Special Woman and Olicity won't come off as this EPIC, grandiose love saga if they let Oliver out of his Olicity prison? Of course, the majority of non-shippers feel that Olicity is a failure and one of the worst written romances on television anyway, so they won't be convinced by this tactic. The only reason must be that Guggenheim wants to placate and please the Olicity shippers, many of whom seem to become almost jealous if Oliver isn't a 100% focussed on his Beloved.

Anyway, this "nobody but Felicity" embargo is one of the strangest features of the later seasons of "Arrow", and to my mind it's one of the reasons why it has become so boring to watch. What we have now is an alleged Green Arrow adaptation where Green Arrow and Black Canary are hardly allowed to interact and communicate on a deeper level, while we get semi-ambiguous scenes between Dinah and a married OgCharacter just to let her have someone to interact with. In addition to this, Oliver's former love interest has been turned into an irredeemable villain, so that SHE won't pose any threats. Of course, one could argue that there is nothing to fear, because Lauriver was dead and buried long before Laurel was killed off. Well, if there is nothing to fear, I don't see why Laurel 2 couldn't get a redemption arc, which would IMHO make her character more interesting?
            Last edited by evaba; 11-01-2017, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
              In season 4, they sold Diggle, Thea and Laurel as all co-equal. They voted on team choices. Out in the field though he seemed in charge.
              Then it IS odd that he had trouble in the field, right?

Comment

Well, for that to work, Diggle would have to become the Green Arrow permanently and we all know that's not going to happen. Oliver will be back in the suit before midseason. You can count on that.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
                  Well, for that to work, Diggle would have to become the Green Arrow permanently and we all know that's not going to happen. Oliver will be back in the suit before midseason. You can count on that.

Well, yeah...lol. I always figured he would be back as Green Arrow in the crossover.

Regardless, something romantically will happen between Diggle and Dinah....just you watch. Whether if it's forced or not, it will happen. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and will come back and admit it.

Comment

I don't want anything romantic between Oliver and Dinah, but I do wish that after he talked her into joining his team they would have at least had a meaningful mentor-mentee relationship instead of her just kind-of doing her own thing but on his team. It all felt like a bit of an odd incorporation into team arrow. If the writers decide to make some kind of relationship drama between Dinah and Diggle they may finally convince me to quit watching this. That is one thing this show does not need. I do hope Diggle stays around as GA for a while though. It seems to work with his son eventually taking the mantle in the distant future too as shown in one future on Legends.

Comment

Well, yeah...lol. I always figured he would be back as Green Arrow in the crossover.

Regardless, something romantically will happen between Diggle and Dinah....just you watch. Whether if it's forced or not, it will happen. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and will come back and admit it.
                      Well, we have to remember that this is the writing team that brought us the horrid fanservice SmoakandLance mismatch, so it's not unthinkable that they will at least allude to some "shipable" sexual tension between Dinah and Diggle. On the other hand, unlike SmoakandLance (which was heavily pushed by some Oliciters, maybe as a way to keep one of Felicity's supporting characters on the show), nobody seems interested in a Digglina romance. I have a hunch that many oliciters feel that Diggle's most important alliances is with #OTA, so his emotional/personal interaction should primarily be with the other members of the Holy Trinity/"core"/A-team, and not with a somewhat marginal B-team member like Dinah. If we look at the other camp, many non-shippers seem to regard Diggle as a rather superfluous character, who hasn't had a good independent storyline/character progression for several seasons now....and hooking up with Dinah would not exactly remedy this situation.
                      Last edited by evaba; 11-02-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

I copied and pasted this from my new reddit account, where I'm staying far away from the original Arrow reddit... score portion is new.

I enjoyed the episode. The FBI agent is ticking me off, but that just makes her a damn good antagonist for Oliver as Oliver. Looks like they learned their lesson finally and considered how to handle a non-villain antagonist. Last time they tried was Isabel Rochev and they didn't know what to do with her, so they just made her into Slade's lackey.

I'm honestly liking the William-Oliver dynamic in the new season (and I'm loving that now they're only gonna use flashbacks as needed instead of every damn episode as it gives more time for the present day story).
                        Only thing I'm head-scratching at is... what the hell kind of school is William attending? He's 11 or 12, so at most he'd be in 5th or 6th grade. And unless they capitalize on the fact he seems to be a prodigy (presumably he's studying advanced maths because he's good at them), then this would be them just slipping in something to make sure Felicity and William could bond before the big event in the crossover. However, so far, both this season and last season have had far better writing so I'm going to hold out hope that they actually know what they're doing there and keep it up.
                        Can we just mention the elephant in the room of the fact that Dig, a well-built black guy, is buying some kind of drug off the street to use to suppress the tremors from his Degenerative Nerve Damage? At least last time they had him do this sort of thing we got some tongue in cheek humor (1x19, I believe, with Vertigo, and then 4x04 where he was working with Thea to buy those drugs to lure out the dirty cops).
                        Dinah, Renee, and Curtis are working well now that they've found their places in Team Arrow.
                        All in all, this is the second solid episode of Season 6. I don't count the premiere as one because it turned the whole S5 cliffhanger into a joke. They took refuge on a plane? Which would be something CHase would've predicted and therefore made sure to have fuel inside its tanks? And it didn't explode? Riiight....

Score: 8/10.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                          I copied and pasted this from my new reddit account, where I'm staying far away from the original Arrow reddit... score portion is new.

Looks like they learned their lesson finally and considered how to handle a non-villain antagonist. Last time they tried was Isabel Rochev and they didn't know what to do with her, so they just made her into Slade's lackey.
                          If I remember correctly Iasbel Rochev was a name on The List already shown in season one.

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru
                            If I remember correctly Iasbel Rochev was a name on The List already shown in season one.
                            And that wasn't brought up at all in Season 2. Nor was Daniel Brickwell's in S3.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎