No announcement yet.

The Gifted #1.4 "eXit Strategy"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gifted #1.4 "eXit Strategy"

Count down and talk live, or if you want, let this be the episode thread!

Pics here:

Well, my satellite was having a bad night, so I don't have a lot of thoughts on tonight's ep. I'll catch it later when I can snag it off FOX's site or something. BUT, I do have a few points.

What I saw, I really liked. I love that Caitlin is almost the strongest, most level headed one of the group. She's almost the greater hero amongst them all, since she has ZERO powers, and that kinda makes her awesome.

I like that Lorna didn't immediately go the route of, oh, you're in the same situation as me now, so I guess we can be friends! with Reed. She empathises with him, but she still doesn't trust him, and definitely doesn't like him. And HOLY hell, did I *love* the payoff to setting up the screws in Reed's knee. That was a brilliant way to set that up in episode one, and let us forget about it. I wonder if they had that in mind when they wrote that scene months ago, or if they came up with it while working on this ep. It will also serve as a good way to start to build a bridge between Reed and Lorna.

The reunion between everyone was great, and well earned. A lot of shows could have made an entire season of trying to get Lorna from prison, and I'm intrigued to see where we go from here.

I might be back later when I can see the whole ep.

J

Comment

Okay I wasnt impressed with the series from the pilot. I tried it for Amy Acker (Winifred and Root) and Natalie Ann Lynd (Silver) but its growing on me. Lorna I noticed before and thought Where have I seen her before I realized it last night she's the girl from Bunheads. It gets better and better with each episode.

Reed was a surprise his name Strucker is usually associated with the bad guys but I feel for the guy in the X men Universe.

I like it. Its dark and edgy and full of drama but not too stupid as what has happened in the Flash with just the right amount of mystery. (I have speculations on this like the Mark on Pulse's arm and the newspaper on the scientist guy's computer in episode 2 I think at the time I thought Amy Acker's character had powers now I have new speculations)

Episode itself. I like the interaction between Reed and Lorna. Though at first I thought it was some kind of trap. Like the Sentinel Services were trying to get them to talk maybe reveal something about the Underground or that the convoy the group ambushed was fake bait to trap them and Reed and Polaris was still in the prison.

How the gifted (not calling them X men they are something else) got depowered and everyone was really struggling. The drama and then the look on Lorna/Polaris' face when she got her powers back. The only thing missing was she didn't pull a Magneto and redirected the bullets back on those thugs.

I hope Amy Acker gets that call a third time. (In an interview for Person of Interest Amy said she got a call: that her character was going to be killed off but don't worry we will be bringing you back as a god-like being She got that call twice: In Angel from Fred to Illyria and PoI Root to the Machine) It doesn't matter she is doing good as just being normal human. I would just find it fun.

I hope the kids don't get caught though the Family needs a reunion.
      Last edited by YutG; 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

She did though! She totally flung bullets back at the Sentinel Services guys. =D I missed it watching the episode since it flies by so quick, but caught it later.

And now that I've seen the whole episode, and not in weather blocked fragments, I love this one even more. I am SO ANGRY the storm cut out ALL the scenes with Lorna and Reed, because that stuff is the meat of this episode. Lorna's speech is the reason why I love the X-Men in a nutshell, and why I love this show. The best genre stuff holds up a mirror to our world, and speaks about it in more palatable allegory. This has long been what the X-Men have been all about, acting as metaphor for the downtrodden, the different, the segregated, etc etc. Stuff like that usually has to be blown past in movies in favour of the big action and plot stuff, and that's why the X-Men and Trek movies are big adventures, with very little to say about things. Which is still enjoyable, but losing that on the big screen is always something that bugs me.

But on tv, you have more time, can spend it with characters, adn Lorna's speech is a great moment in that vein, and The Gifted has a lot of them. In that regard, it might make this the most X-Men thing on screen ever. It may be lacking Cyclops and Wolverine and Professor X, but it has what the X-Men is all about. The Flash may give me everything I want with familiar characters, but this is giving me the X-Men.

And at the same time, while I'm heaping praise on this show, I'm also well aware that it's not the best thing ever as it sometimes sounds, even to myself, but I still love it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonGrey
          She did though! She totally flung bullets back at the Sentinel Services guys. =D I missed it watching the episode since it flies by so quick, but caught it later.

And at the same time, while I'm heaping praise on this show, I'm also well aware that it's not the best thing ever as it sometimes sounds, even to myself, but I still love it.
          I mean if it was Magneto, he would drop more bodies. She did the right thing but She could have gone there but does she know she related to such a top tier character.

Not the best but Better than most...

Comment

Nice development with the Strucker kids. Liked Caitlin's initial objections towards taking her kids with them on the mission. It reminds us that there are stakes here. They're not living in a cartoon world, where nobody gets hurt. People can and do get killed. The fact that they're kids, rather than trained soldiers, puts them into even more danger.

Liked the pay-off with the screws in Reed's leg. Had actually forgotten about that and wasn't expecting them to do anything with it. Glad that they got Lorna and Reed out of jail, rather than trying to milk it for a whole season.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎