No announcement yet.

Bruce Wayne?!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Wayne?!?!

There was a not-so-subtle comment at the beginning of the episode indicating that Bruce Wayne exists out there. So it begs the question...

Will we ever see Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Arrowverse? Was it just an easter egg that will go nowhere?

I HOPE it is an easter egg going nowhere. I didn't enjoy Batman in Smallville or all his other versions in TV/Cinema (except LegoBatman of course). I know lots of fans love Batman but as our Oliver Queen is so much like the Batman in the comics I really don't think having Batman in Arrow would work.

Comment

What Freawaru said.

and I don't trust Arrow to not ruin anything batman-related. Knowing Arrow writers, if Batman did show up on the show it would end up with those scenes:

1) Bruce Wayne being irresistibly attracted to Felicity because of how beautiful and brilliant she is, which of course causes plenty of melodrama and brooding in the Oliticity ship because Oliver finds himself having to compete for Felciity's affections. And god forbid if Bruce and Felicity becomes a super popular ship too, causing the directors and writers to bring Bruce back constantly so that it can turn into a love triangle between Felicity and her two men.

2) several characters would be made to look bad in order to make Bruce/Batman look good, or Batman himself would look like a total doofus to make Green Arrow look good. The writers can't seem to grasp the idea that you can keep everyone competent and still make somebody look good without it being at the expense of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru
        I didn't enjoy Batman in Smallville
        Batman wasn't in Smallville except for a hint Chloe dropped in the final season.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          Batman wasn't in Smallville except for a hint Chloe dropped in the final season.
          they might be referring to the Smallville season 11 comics. Batman shows up in that... and I have to say that version of batman is way too different than what fans of batman might be used to.

Comment

What Aurora said.

Yes, I was referring to the SV season 11 comics.

As to Bruce Wayne in Arrowverse: the only way I can see him in it is if he is NOT Batman. If his parents are still alive and he never became Batman, never learned how to fight from the LOA and so on then I would be okay with it. At least on Earth 1. I would be fine if Barry would meet a Batman in Earth 42 or something, where there is no Oliver Queen being GA. Just like with Supergirl and Superman.

Comment

I was fine that Batman never showed up on SV on tv. And I'm fine with Bruce/Batman not showing up in the E1 Flarrowverse. I'm more than fine with passing easter eggs of Bruce or Gotham without having to see the Dark Knight on any of these shows.

That was my concern with Superman showing up, even if it's only on Kara's alternate earth. By necessity he must be secondary to Kara's story. If Oliver and Barry are the titular leads on their shows, it stands to reason that Bruce/Batman would have to play second fiddle to them -- never mind that Oliver and Arrow borrow heavily from the Batman mythos as it is.

I am open to alternate earth Bruce Wayne's aka he is not a vigilante, or even a villain. I think superheroes of Superman, Batman or WW's stature by default would tend to overshadow other superheroes hence SG's using Clark/Supes appearances sparingly.

As for a CW-flavoured Bruce or Bats, this is where the Bat fan in me gets indigestion. I dont think I could stomach some Arrowverse Bruce pining for a hypothetical Vicki Vale and Diggle or Felicity pep talking him out of his funk on a weekly basis.

If there is a movie-related embargo on Batman in the Flarrowverse, or even because Fox's Gotham called dibs on all things Batman on tv, I'm more than okay with it. I'd go as far as saying I'd prefer it this way, Keep the Easter eggs and shout-outs, but I have no need to see cape and cowl in Star City. Or Central City either.
              Last edited by President_Luthor; 10-24-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎