No announcement yet.

The Identity of Mallus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Identity of Mallus

It looks like MG may have indirectly told us who Mallus is in his most recent interview with this site...

What can we expect from Damien Darhk’s role in Legends Season 3?

I would say Damien is very much the “Thawne” of the season, in the sense that last year, Thawne was driving a lot of what the Legion of Doom was doing. Even though Malcolm or Damien wouldn’t want to admit it, Thawne was very much in charge, and he was calling the shots.

This is Damien’s year to shine. He’s also the Damien Darhk of Arrow Season 4, so he’s got memories of all of the things that have happened to him, not just in Legends Season 2, but also in Arrow Season 4, and that also includes his command of magic. So, there are some fun things going on with Damien. Obviously, Neal McDonough is really wonderful in that role. You could see he’s always enjoying each of the scenes that he’s shooting. I’m looking forward to people seeing more and more episodes so that you can really see how Damien’s master plan is coming together as well as the team of super-villains that he is in the process of recruiting is coming together.
    Interview with DC's Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim about Zari, White Canary, Damien Darhk, X-Men & more

Ergo, Damien Darhk is Mallus, who's acolyte just brought back Kuasa. It dampens the fear of villain decay somewhat. I really didn't want DD playing second fiddle in his post S4 incarnation. It also addresses who the acolyte is... Eleanor (Nora) Darhk played by Mrs. Routh, Courtney Ford.

Hopefully, Marc Guggenheim assumed internal logic would lead a number of us to work out Mallus was Darhk. Otherwise, it's a really unfortunate slip.
    Last edited by Raissa; 10-20-2017, 04:07 PM.

Arthur Darvill gave an interview about tomorrow's episode in which he all but confirms Darhk is Mallus...

We know Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) will be returning this season. How do you think Rip would feel about facing him again?
    He obviously feels very nervous about it, but in Rip’s mind, there are bigger things, there are bigger fish to fry, and without giving too much away, yes, the idea of Damien Darhk coming back, and being resurrected, which means the darker sides of his character would come out because that’s what happens when people are resurrected in this world, that is scary, but in Rip’s mind, there is a far greater foe to be worried about.

AD's use of the present tense "feels very nervous" is very telling, like Rip already knows Darhk and Mallus are the same. Plus, he highlighted the nasty side effects of resurrection, like Darhk would require the Mallus persona as an acknowledgement of the side effects of coming back. Even if the Lazarus Pit isn't used, I don't imagine mixing his magic with broken time would be a pleasant way to make an entrance.

Comment

Here's some awesome casting news...

Legends of Tomorrow‘s new villain will sound very familiar to Fringe fans.

EW can reveal that John Noble will be lending his voice to The CW super series as season 3 villain Mallus, who has so far been shrouded in mystery but will first be heard during Tuesday’s episode.

“That’s the big mythology of the season and what makes Mallus cool at this stage of everyone’s viewing experience is that right now he is just a name and is this whisper,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “You’ll learn more about him in [episode] 305.”

Here’s what we know so far: An acolyte of Mallus resurrected Kuasa (Tracy Ifeachor) and will soon bring Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) back from the dead. Hence, Mallus has some serious power. Does this mean any past villain could be resurrected? “Theoretically, but I don’t think we have plans to resurrect anyone else at the moment,” Guggenheim says...

Farther down in the article, they note that using famous voices to mask true villain identities has become something of a staple, so I hope that Mallus really is Darhk in the end. Don't get me wrong, Noble will rock regardless. It's just that villain decay has gotten really, really stale.

Comment

I was wrong. Mallus is a separate entity, but it begs the question. How can it be Darhk's "year to shine" if he's an underling again? I'm assuming there's a missing piece of the puzzle. I look forward to finding out what it is (probably with Constantine's help).

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎