Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Rising Son?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Rising Son?"

What did you think?

(Sorry the forums were down last night so we didn't have a Live thread!)
    10 - Rising Happiness
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

We begin with the demons despairing. And Asmodeus appearing and taking over the running of Hell. The guy with the notebook was amusing, IMO.

Sam and Dean and Jack in the car. “Do I ever want you to drive?” LOL

Lucifer plans to exchange Mary for Jack? Smart.

Asmo has total loyalty to Lucifer (because they beat the crap out of each other? Or rather Luci did to Asmo?).

They stop at a motel because Dean was apparently hallucinating sheep on the road?

Scooby Doo!

Jack reading the Bible. And then Jack aping Dean. That boy is just seriously craving a male authority figure, isn’t he? Though, since he’s seen that Sam seems to be an advocate for him, I’m surprised that he’s not imprinting more on Sam?

That was a funny scene with the door. Jack just getting up and walking out. Heh.

I forgot who Donatello even was. I figured it out (that he was the Prophet) from the clues but man, would have been nice if he had been in the “Then” recap! Also, he’s soulless now, because of Amara? Um, shouldn’t Dean want to gank him too?

“What would Mr. Rogers do?” Not a bad question.

Donatello saying Jack’s powers aren’t dark or toxic. Interesting.

Jack getting the anti-possession tattoo. Sam showing his (knew that it was coming because Jared tweeted something about it). Jack throwing the guy because it hurt. Seriously, they didn’t even warn him?! You’d think Sam would have said. Then the tats disappear.

Sm and Jack having that sweet heart to heart after the fight.

Who else figured that was Asmo in disguise as Donatello? *raises hand* Pretty obvious Buckner!

Sam pep talking Dean, then realizing fake!Donatello. Jack is gone.

Dean vs. demon, Sam ganks it. The blade toss was pretty sweet, as well. The line about housekeeping was funny.

Asmo using Jack to free the shedim. Jasper is a Gate of Hell? Huh.

Back to the AU world. The Angels don’t believe Lucifer and tell him that Michael killed their Luci. Michael appears after Luci ganks them and tells Luci he has a use for him.

Asmo stands revealed. Jack saves them. Awww.

Dean and Sam talking. After all that, Dean still wants to take out the kid? Jack stabbing himself (and it healing). Dean telling him that he’ll kill Jack himself.

So, a solid episode that built up more of the myth arc. The AU stuff is dragging a bit but that could be because I already knew most of what happened in this episode because of spoilers. Also, I would like to see more of a bond between Jack and Sam. Sam, after all, keeps trying to help the kid and be his advocate.

But, despite being written by Buckner and Eugenie, a pretty decent episode.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎