0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'm triggered
    0%

It was solid, exploring what would be Kara's existential fear, and then they made it all about Mon-El. If they want to deal with Kara's guilt, she did kill a number of Daxamites with lead, forcing her to confront an extinction event from multiple angles, but the writers just aren't allowed to be that nuanced.

Comment

Much better than last week's as Supergirl continues to regain her humanity. Up until this episode, we never knew what her fears were.

Last week focused on Morgan Edge. Here we learn more about Reign and her daughter Ruby. Glad that both Kara and Alex got to meet Reign as the focus is going to be on Kara, Lena, and Reign throughout the season.

No Guardian so far as I like this James more and like last week, everyone had roles to play in the overall story. No extraneous stuff as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
        It was solid, exploring what would be Kara's existential fear, and then they made it all about Mon-El. If they want to deal with Kara's guilt, she did kill a number of Daxamites with lead, forcing her to confront an extinction event from multiple angles, but the writers just aren't allowed to be that nuanced.
        I agree. But at least they did leave us plenty of material to head canon it into something more to our liking.

My headcanon:
        Kara has a lot of issues stemming from survivor's guilt and the fact that her species is extremely endangered. She won't admit it to anybody, but there was times when she thought about having her own family so that she and Kal-El wouldn't be so alone anymore. But the problem is the fact that there probably isn't that many humans who would be compatible with Kryptonians from a procreating viewpoint. And the only other Kryptonians she knows besides her cousin end up being villains. She wants so badly to know that there's a Kryptonian colony out there that could carry on the legacy of her people, so that it isn't left to her and Kal-El.

And then here comes Mon-El, who's practically Kryptonian all in but name. And he seems to be genuinely trying to let go of his selfish traits and become a better person. So Kara starts seeing him as husband material, somebody who she could start a family with.

So when she found out that everything she ever secretly desired, was being handed to Mon-el on a sliver platter, but that Mon-El was selfishly rejecting all of that just so that he could stay on earth with her? She felt a mixture of Betrayal, resentment and her love for Mon-El.
        She can't wrap her head around the fact that Mon-El would seriously let his entire race die out just to stay with her. As much as she loves Mon-El, she wouldn't do that if the roles were flipped around.

And then this whole Daxamite mess just grew bigger before she even had time to come terms with her feelings. Mon-El was merely the trigger that brought all of her old issues back to the surface, and that's why she still thinks it's all about Mon-El. When really it's about the fact that she saw everything she ever wanted being dangled in front of her face.... before it was rudely taken away from her.
        And like you said before, the fact that she also caused many Daxamite deaths which doesn't help the Daxamites' endangered status at all. It would feel like she just caused the death of many Kryptonians too.
        Last edited by Aurora Moon; 10-16-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this episode didn't work, but MB put in another good performance.

I have a couple of questions... I forgot Maggie knew Kara and Supergirl are the same person. When did that happen, again? Second... Does Lena know Kara is Supergirl? I thought she didn't. If that's the case, does she think her human friend Kara was dating alien Mon-El? I was a little confused. I think I'm just forgetting what happened though.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            I'm pretty sure this episode didn't work, but MB put in another good performance.

I have a couple of questions... I forgot Maggie knew Kara and Supergirl are the same person. When did that happen, again? Second... Does Lena know Kara is Supergirl? I thought she didn't. If that's the case, does she think her human friend Kara was dating alien Mon-El? I was a little confused. I think I'm just forgetting what happened though.
            I’ve been wondering that question for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy

First question: Maggie find out in the season 2 episode 9 "Supergirl Lives." She pretty much figured it out on her own and then Alex confirmed it. Maggie took it well considering she didn't blow up on Alex for not telling her the truth about Kara.

Second question: Lena doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                First question: Maggie find out in the season 2 episode 9 "Supergirl Lives." She pretty much figured it out on her own and then Alex confirmed it. Maggie took it well considering she didn't blow up on Alex for not telling her the truth about Kara.
                I figured I didn't remember that one. Thanks.

Second question: Lena doesn't know Kara is Supergirl, yet.
                Okay, so to just ask my follow-up again, Lena was under the impression that her human friend Kara was dating the alien Mon-El?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                  I agree. But at least they did leave us plenty of material to head canon it into something more to our liking.

My headcanon:
                  Kara has a lot of issues stemming from survivor's guilt and the fact that her species is extremely endangered. She won't admit it to anybody, but there was times when she thought about having her own family so that she and Kal-El wouldn't be so alone anymore. But the problem is the fact that there probably isn't that many humans who would be compatible with Kryptonians from a procreating viewpoint. And the only other Kryptonians she knows besides her cousin end up being villains. She wants so badly to know that there's a Kryptonian colony out there that could carry on the legacy of her people, so that it isn't left to her and Kal-El.

And then here comes Mon-El, who's practically Kryptonian all in but name. And he seems to be genuinely trying to let go of his selfish traits and become a better person. So Kara starts seeing him as husband material, somebody who she could start a family with.

So when she found out that everything she ever secretly desired, was being handed to Mon-el on a sliver platter, but that Mon-El was selfishly rejecting all of that just so that he could stay on earth with her? She felt a mixture of Betrayal, resentment and her love for Mon-El.
                  She can't wrap her head around the fact that Mon-El would seriously let his entire race die out just to stay with her. As much as she loves Mon-El, she wouldn't do that if the roles were flipped around.

And then this whole Daxamite mess just grew bigger before she even had time to come terms with her feelings. Mon-El was merely the trigger that brought all of her old issues back to the surface, and that's why she still thinks it's all about Mon-El. When really it's about the fact that she saw everything she ever wanted being dangled in front of her face.... before it was rudely taken away from her.
                  And like you said before, the fact that she also caused many Daxamite deaths which doesn't help the Daxamites' endangered status at all. It would feel like she just caused the death of many Kryptonians too.
                  Headcanon accepted. Thank you for expressing it all so clearly.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎