No announcement yet.

Once Upon a Time #7.1 "Hyperion Heights" Season Premiere

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time #7.1 "Hyperion Heights" Season Premiere

We're doing something different this year - one thread per episode rather than individual forums. You know the drill. Countdown/LIVE thread is here, then it can be the episode thread.

Only 6 hours away for the East Coast!

Here are some extras, including interviews, images and more:

I'm actually looking forward to the season. I know a lot of fans were done with the series after last year but, I stuck with the show from day one and I'm sticking with it. Obviously, this will probably be the real final season. If Lana and/or Robert didn't come back and it was a completely new cast than I would have bailed too.

I always say this could have worked as a anthology series; one complete fairytale story per season. OUATIW didn't work because they were stetched too thin with both shows. It's still doable with the right people; in 10yrs after there has been some separation from this series, I could see a revisit of fairytale stories, especially after those big screen live-action Disney fairytale films have become “the new thing”.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I liked it more than I thought I would.

I really wasn't sure what to think when some of the promo pics popped up, but: I'm with it until the end.

So, I guess we're just supposed to believe that these new characters are different iterations from different realms? I expected them to establish that maybe some of the stories/characters/realms changed AFTER FTL was restored from the brink of destruction last year, but whatever.

I like the guy they chose as adult Henry. He's nice to look at... It was also nice to see Jared S. Gilmore, too. I'm not sure how I feel about Lucy yet, but she wasn't too awful. I didn't expect to like Jacinda as much as I did. She reminds me of Emma, which isn't a bad thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about Regina being so powerless. I really hope she puts Belfrey/Lady Tremaine in her place when she gets her memory back.

I liked this version of Alice, too.

It was an interesting start, for sure, I just want more answers about what happened in FTL. I'm going to keep watching.
      Last edited by Aries83; 10-06-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I definitely have questions about the reboot...

- Are our familiar characters (Roni/Regina, Hook/Killian & Rumple) from Henry’s storybook or from Lucy’s storybook? It was nice to see Hook/Killian in something other than the pirate garb; I suspect his gloved hand is a prosthetic or something; unless he loses it again at some point
        - Is Roni’s bar always closed cause there seemed to be a lack of customers even at late night when you’d think the bar would be hopping with activity
        - Who created this new curse? I’m suspecting it was Lady Tremaine with help from Rumple.
        - Is Rumple in the know as usual?
        - How did Henry whine up in whatever realm that was? He can use his phone to find other realms/portals (It reminded me of Sliders)?
        - And what’s up with the creepy Alice? Is she working with Rumple?
        - The biggest question is what does/doesn’t everyone know. If Lucy is correct than their memories are fragmented instead of completely whipped. So Henry knows about his past but at some point while or during his move to Seattle it was rewritten.

I need to watch it again
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-06-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I definitely have questions about the reboot...

- Are our familiar characters (Roni/Regina, Hook/Killian & Rumple) from Henry’s storybook or from Lucy’s storybook?
          I guess that's possible. I just assumed it was something he wrote based on what happened in Storybrooke/FTL.

It was nice to see Hook/Killian in something other than the pirate garb
          I agree. Maybe this time around, he'll get to play an actual detective and not "That Guy That Hands Emma Food Every Week" like he did when she worked at the station...

- Is Roni’s bar always closed cause there seemed to be a lack of customers even at late night when you’d think the bar would be hopping with activity
          That's a good point! There was literally NOBODY there besides the 3 of them. Maybe business has slowed now that Belfry/Tremaine has increased everybody's living expenses? Cocktails aren't cheap!

- Who created this new curse? I’m suspecting it was Lady Tremaine with help from Rumple.
          - Is Rumple in the know as usual?
          I think that's what they want us to think. I want it to be someone nobody would suspect, like Henry or even Emma. Why not?

- How did Henry whine up in whatever realm that was? He can use his phone to find other realms/portals (It reminded me of Sliders)?
          Good question. Should his phone even work in a fairytale realm? Then again, the bike worked. Who knows

- The biggest question is what does/doesn’t everyone know. If Lucy is correct than their memories are fragmented instead of completely whipped. So Henry knows about his past but at some point while or during his move to Seattle it was rewritten.
          Same here. I also want to know where Emma is. For some reason, when they showed her face on the page from Henry's book, I got the impression that she was being held captive somewhere? I definitely don't want her to die, though. I'd be ok with her being out there somewhere—especially if Jennifer Morrison has a change of heart and wants to return—if the show is even renewed for Season 8.

Comment

I didn't like it, I think it jumped the shark, all it's doing is telling the same story over again. I'll give it one more try but if it doesn't get better than I'll just pretend it ended last season when it should have ended.

Comment

Really enjoyed the episode. There are indeed numerous versions of these fairy tale characters. So, it's nice to see them using this fact to continue their story. If we go by Disney and Cinderella (not including the two on this show) alone, you have the animated movie, the 1997 TV movie with Brandy and Whitney Houston, the 2015 live-action movie and Anna Kendrick in Into the Woods. Though, it would've been nice to see them using something other than glas slippers (in some versions they're gold and other materials).

Liked the bit with Alice telling Henry that this isn't his story and how bad things will happen. He isn't supposed to be part of this story, so him being there will (and likely did, in the past) affect things. Causing them to be different. Emma was supposed to be there. Henry wasn't supposed to have met this Cinderella and had a kid with her.

In regards to Victoria's intro, it felt like they were trying to homage Bette Midler's introduction in Big Business (1988), only without going too far (as that was a comedy (incidently made by Disney, under the Torchstone label) and this isn't):

Good move to make the new Hook (NewHook? NuHook?) a cop, rather than a criminal, as we've already done the reformed pirate with the Storybrook one.

Hopefully, they will clear up the timeline a little. The Seattle stuff is said to be present day... Which is just what I thought the Storybrook stuff was supposed to be. Yet, Henry's been gone for years. I suppose time could be different in different realms. So, Henry only left Storybrook a few months ago, while time moved faster in the new realm. Could also be that the curse sent them back in time, when they were sent to this realm. Resulting in a 30-something Henry co-existing with his teenage self.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎