Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Batman comics for a marrige between Bruce and Selina?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Batman comics for a marrige between Bruce and Selina?

Now given I'll be discussing this and Selina's answer, I'm giving you fair warning of spoilers. Ok you have your warning and let's go.

In one of the recent Batman comics Bruce asked Selina to marry him in main DC canon.

Recently discovered today that Selina will in comic number #3 actually say yes. This is big news for Batman of they haven't actually done this before.

Also this tying in with Tom King's of he's discussed while Batman still will be kept dark, he's going to make Bruce more human and actually happy. More then just a pain filled dark knight who ends up bitter and alone.

I actually have to give Tom King guts for even trying to do this in the first place. I for one and am board.

Which never thought the day we would see Batman and Catwoman get married or even engaged in main DC comics canon, that isn't a elseworld story or something. I hope DC actually allows them to stay on this route and not go say like Batwoman and Maggie some years back. It sounds for right now they are going to keep Bruce and Selina on this path.

If Bruce and Selina end up becoming the new Clark/Lois for marriage and they are still lasting, I'd be fine with that.

For Geoff Johns who I believe said in an interview of one main reason why the new 52 failed was nobody liked all their heroes being depressed and not happy. So one thing they are trying to do with Rebirth is bring some happiness back into these heroes lives.

What are your guys thoughts?

They were married on Earth-2 in the Silver and Bronze Age. Their daughter was Helena Wayne she is the original Huntress.

Earth-2 during that time was the continuation of the Golden Age storylines.

It's nice that it would finally be canon again. I hope DC puts their daughter in Batman Beyond book.

Comment

I'm all for it too. Selina and Bruce always had a long-lasting relationship even if it was filled with Hero/villian antagonism at times. So it only makes sense that they'd eventually end up together for good one day.

And they might end up having a far more interesting dynamic than Lois and Clark does thanks to the history they have. After all it's not everyday that an Hero and a villian gets married to each other.... and hopefully they'd be able to shake the notion that married life is boring to write, because it shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
        I'm all for it too. Selina and Bruce always had a long-lasting relationship even if it was filled with Hero/villian antagonism at times. So it only makes sense that they'd eventually end up together for good one day.

And they might end up having a far more interesting dynamic than Lois and Clark does thanks to the history they have. After all it's not everyday that an Hero and a villian gets married to each other.... and hopefully they'd be able to shake the notion that married life is boring to write, because it shouldn't be.
        Yep it only makes sense given their long lasting relationship and them being occasionally allies, and on the different sides of the law at times.

Yes they really might end up having a far more interesting dynamic due to their history. Yes it is not everyday and I hope they shake that as well. However I would prefer if they stayed away from pointless melodrama.

Comment

Yeah. personally, I'm hoping it'd be a little bit of the same dyamanic they have going on only now they're living together, etc.

Comment

Spoilers, ok so there's your warning

Turns out all the build up to any wedding in Batman #50 is all for nothing, given Selina left Bruce on the day of the wedding.

It got leaked that they didn't go through of Selina walked out on the day of the wedding and oh they even came up with a BS excuse of Bane and Selina's so called best friend Holly blackmailed Selina into leaving Bruce at the altar so that they could break him emotionally before destroying him physically.

Like uh guys at DC who are you trying to fool, your just trying to push this to the back burner and not go through with it at all.

Even got Tom King saying "Guys I'm doing a 100 issues so this going to be a 100 issue story arc" and naturally got comic fans who wanted this to happen with knowing about the spoilers from #50 , are pretty upset. Even got the retailers upset at they ordered up the comics with all this preluded to the wedding stuff, and everything is now all for nothing.

Got some of the comic book buyers going "That's it, I'm done and not waiting around for three something years down the road or whenever issue 100 comes around, if you even get that far for them to possibly get married. Especially after you've wasted all my time and money with this" and I don't blame them at all.

I mean heck even for me I'm annoyed since I've spent money buying the graphic novel collections all to find out as of now it's for nothing. Like thanks a lot guys and if your going to play these games I'm not going to buy those collections, I'm done.

Comment

the people at DC seems to have something against marriages. they didn't let other characters get married too neither, because reasons. (rolls eyes)

Comment

Marriages are difficult in comic books, because they disrupt the status quo. Nonetheless, this felt convoluted and way too much like a gimmick to sell books and get some press. If you're going to tease it with Selina, I think you have to go through with it. The whole thing being a plot of Bane's would have worked better had it not been a character with so much history. It might've been more telegraphed, but it would've worked better.

I reserve the right to withdraw this criticism should they end up going through with the marriage after all.

Comment

Ok so like Batwoman/Maggie we have Dan Didio and Jim strike yet again for their heroes can't ever be happy.

So in a recent interview while he talked about quite a bit, these is the main part related to Batman #50. The interview (https://io9.gizmodo.com/dc-comics-pu...und-1827821887)

Dan Didio started off by saying this

"We're not as interested in a married Batman. We're interested in a story about a Batman who is anticipating being married, trying to live a normal life. We constantly go back to the Batman family, the level of tragedy that's been thrown at them and what drives them. The most interesting thing that I heard was that, [some fans] wanted the wedding to happen because they wanted Batman to be happy. I understand that but, to me, a happy Batman is the end of Batman."

What the heck Dan? Man you are an idiot. A happy Batman is not the end of Batman.

That is quite frankly so dumb it's almost mind boggling.

Oh this part to from Danny boy

"And it's important for him to understand that, and he's constantly putting the tragedy of his parents' deaths as a motivating force and a driving force, where he puts the life of Bruce Wayne aside. [...] But the reality is, married Batman is an Elseworlds Batman, to me."

This is basically saying to people don't even bother with the remaining 50 issues of Tom King's run since he said "as long as I'm running things Batman will never be happy or get married."

Don't worry, I won't.

Oh he pretty much tries to blame the readers for the reaction to Batman 50, no surprise there since he says this

"You asked about us taking the audience for granted; actually, if you want to be perfectly honest, I think the audience took the story for granted."

No, Danny boy it was you and the rest of DC are at fault. Not the readers, the readers are the ones you've screwed over.

Comment

I agree, they're being such idiots. They don't seem to realize the potential in a Catwoman/batman as spouses story. After all, it's not like Catwoman is going to magically change who she is just for batman, and vice versa. There's so much they could explore... a married batman doesn't mean that Batman would be happy and content 24/7. He would have to grapple with many of the same issues that all married couples face, just on a far more dramatic, superheroic setting.

plus, they missed the chance to bring in Huntress as a young child. After all, it's kind of canon that she's Bruce and selina's child. There's currently the one from an alternate earth, etc. imagine her reaction as she notices that a young version of herself is about to be born on this earth.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎