Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrowverse crossover (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It goes without saying that actors usually just play a gay character while they are straight in real life. And actors not doing something they are not comfortable with is of the outmost importance. We all agree on that.

I was just pointing out a trend I've noticed. Whether that's because straight actresses are usually more comfortable with gay kissing than straight actors are, gay male kissing is considered more taboo by the audience or the writers are just promoting their lesbian fantasies, it's up for debate and we can all just speculate. Maybe there's truth in all 3 scenarios.

Comment

I’ll put it on here too... Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black) has landed the Batwoman role with the potential for her own series at the CW.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/07/ruby-r...n-cast-the-cw/
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-07-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

This season’s Arrowverse three night crossover will air from Sunday, December 9th thru Tuesday, December 11th... Flash’s part will air on Sunday than Arrow on Monday concluding with Supergirl on Tuesday that week.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/21/arrowv...december-2018/

Comment

We are finally going to meet the Arrowverse’s Lois Lane though, the actresss playing the role has yet to be announced. Tyler Hoechlin‘s Superman will also be making an appearance.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/22/arrowv...s-lane-the-cw/

Comment

It makes sense. WB obviously won't be doing anything with Superman and Lois on the big screen anytime soon, so why not let the Arrowverse to use them a bit more? Pity WB still won't let them use Batman.

I have a feeling they will look to cast either a Latina or a black woman to play Lois for diversity purposes. And then just say that Lucy was her adopted sister.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              It makes sense. WB obviously won't be doing anything with Superman and Lois on the big screen anytime soon, so why not let the Arrowverse to use them a bit more? Pity WB still won't let them use Batman.

I have a feeling they will look to cast either a Latina or a black woman to play Lois for diversity purposes. And then just say that Lucy was her adopted sister.
              I don't think so. I don't see the point to that.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                That's my gut feeling too. The CW is a SJW friendly market. God forbid an actor or actress gets casted for talent anymore, it's all about appeal now. And the CW thrives on appeal mode.

Boy am I glad I dropped Supergirl.

Comment

Yeah no kidding. Actors getting cast for talent instead of diversity reasons seem to be a think of the past. Yeah the CW is a SJW prime market that thrives on appeal and one main reason why all their shows, especially in the Arrowverse across the board suck so much.

Don't blame you for being glad and I'm glad I never picked it up to start with. I'm glad I dropped the other Arrowverse shows I was watching.

Comment

So according to casting thing for Lois it read this "The show is looking to cast a Caucasian woman in her early 30s as Lois Lane. Described as the daughter of US General Sam Lane, Lois is a tenacious, righteous and stubborn reporter who will go to any length to get the story and almost never fails."

Just maybe they won't be doing a diversity SJW thing assuming this is true.

Comment

Yeah guys, looks like we dodged the bullet this time. I guess they felt they were backed into a corner due to already casting Jenna Dewan and Glenn Morshower as Lanes. Also, no mention of Lois fighting for social justice and equality, which was also refreshing!

Interesting conversation. Even now, there are times when I do miss some things about the Arrowverse. The other day on tv there was a rerun of The Flash episode Out of Time (the one where Barry travels back in time for the first time after Wells kills Cisco) and I felt nostalgic. I don't miss the show the way it evolved in season 3 and from what I heard, I would have liked it even less in season 4. But I do miss the show the way it was in seasons 1-2. Or I was listening to Amell's podcast with Michael Rosenbaum this week and it reminded me what a cool guy he is and why I liked him as GA. That said, the way these shows are run (from the social commentary to the casting choices to the shipper pandering to then mediocre writing) won't change anytime soon, so I don't see any point in starting to watch them again. Plus, even if I was drawn back to Flash or Arrow, the crossovers demand that I should start following Supergirl and LoT again. Which I have zero interest in.

Comment

Lois Lane has been cast...Grimm star Elizabeth Tulloch will be bringing the iconic character to the Arrowverse.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/elizabe...rl-1202464757/

Comment

Cassandra Jean Amell, the real-life wife of Stephen Amell will playing Nora Fries (the wife of Batman baddie Mr. Freeze though, it’s still to be seen whether Mr. Freeze himself will make an appearance) in the crossover.

https://tvline.com/2018/09/14/arrowv...eze-wife-nora/

Comment

A quick search for "Deegan" on the DC Database Wiki came up with a Jack Deegan (AKA Jack of Diamonds). An obscure character who appears in Batman #5 (March, 1941).

https://dc.*****.com/wiki/Batman_Vol_1_5

Comment

Comment

Along with the Elseworld crossover theme, TVLine has learned that LaMonica Garrett (Designated Survivor) will appear in the crossover as Mar Novu aka The Monitor, “an extraterrestrial being of infinite power.” Little is known about the “prominent role” the Monitor will play in the crossover, but given the character’s importance in DC Comics lore — Monitors are charged with observing the Multiverse, occasionally intervening in times of crisis — the possibilities are virtually endless.

https://tvline.com/2018/09/26/arrowv...twoman-gotham/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎