Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gifted Episode #1.1 "eXposed"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohh! Darkphoenix! You're here! I didn't see those when I said that ^^. And yeah she has powers like Sue. And her father's Reed, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      Ohh! Darkphoenix! You're here! I didn't see those when I said that ^^. And yeah she has powers like Sue. And her father's Reed, go figure.
      ...yeah, now that you said it.

Comment

Why did Andy have to be bullied. It just seemed too cliche

Comment

So the X-Men are missing? In hiding, out of time or what, I wonder?

Comment

Those eyes of Blink are going to be very distracting

Comment

Those sentinel spiders are cool

Comment

So what did everybody think?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                  I like that even before he knows his kids are mutants, Reed Strucker is kind to mutants. Even if the others aren't.
                  Because of that, I got a BIG smile when the song playing in the bar while he met Eclipse was the Animals' song "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", since Reed IS just a soul whose intentions are good...

I love stuff like that. =D
                  Last edited by JasonGrey; 10-02-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

As for my thoughts on the episode...

VERY good. A lot of pilots can be shaky, but this was top notch quality, from a solid (if occasionally cliched) story, the acting, the effects were great... Lots of potential set up for where the story goes from here.

I was so into it, when the preview for the season came on at the end, and my local station cut away before it ended so they could get to the local news, I howled in anger at my tv...

Comment

Jason, I've posted the trailer at XMenTV if you missed it: http://xmentv.com/gifted-trailer-episode-2-beyond/

One thing I loved here, and it's actually something Marvel has struggled a lot with, but a lot of pilots struggle in general, is that whole "you need to wait a few episodes before it gets good." I thought this was good from the start and the characters were all so well-formed already. I also like that they didn't worry about setting up a "Big Bad;" they're letting us know and fall in love with these characters first. Very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                        So the X-Men are missing? In hiding, out of time or what, I wonder?
                        They probably disbanded same with the Brotherhood.

At SDCC they said the X-Men movie verse has 4 different timelines. X-Men films took up two of them, Days of Future Past removed one of them. Legion takes place in the 3rd Timeline and The Gifted takes place in the 4th.

Comment

With the state of the world, and its treatment of mutants, I'm gonna go with some major tragedy happened. Like there was some battle, and Phoenix blew up and took an entire city and the X-Men with her. This would take them (And possibly the Brotherhood) off the board in one fell swoop, and give the government all the ammo they need to push out Sentinel Services to deal with the mutant menace.

And thanks, KSite, I found the preview shortly after getting back to my computer. ;D I live online, so knew it would come up eventually. I was just SO into the moment that when it abruptly was cut into, I was shocked and dismayed.

Comment

CBR just posted a discussion with Bryan Singer about that little cameo in the premiere. I'm being a little cagey about it for anyone who hasn't seen the ep yet. But you can read about trying to get that worked out by clicking here

It was SUCH a treat to see that, and a total surprise. I'm so glad they found a way to make it work.

Comment

Enjoyed it. Recognized a few of the cast from Gotham. Sentinel Services was perfect. Hopefully Master Mold will show up at some point.

Comment

Really enjoyed the episode. Let's just hope that this won't be one of those shows, that starts with a terrific pilot which the subsequent episodes just doesn't live up to (think we can all think off a few examples of such shows).

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                                Why did Andy have to be bullied. It just seemed too cliche
                                I agree that bullying has becomes something of a cliché in this genre, but here I felt it worked nicely. For starters, it set up Reed's relationship with his kids and how protective he is of them. It also ties into the mutant allegory of minorities. People who are different are often the targets of bullying. Finally, it also serves as what causes Andy's powers to manifest.

It's completely different from The Flash pilot, where Barry having been bullied as a child is dropped as a random fact about the character, at the start of the episode. It has nothing to do with the rest of the plot. It just came across more like a lame attempt at getting the audience (that they, no doubt, assume consists of a lot of people, who either are or were bullied at school) to relate to Barry.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎