No announcement yet.

True Lies (FOX)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Lies (FOX)

True Lies, James Cameron’s hit 1994 action comedy movie, is headed to television. Fox has given a put pilot commitment to an hourlong reboot of the film, which comes from McG, Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim, Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV.

Guggenheim is writing the adaptation, with McG set to direct. The two are executive producing alongside Cameron and Jon Landau via Lightstorm, as well as Rae Sanchini and Mary Viola.

20th Century Fox TV, whose sister feature studio produced the movie, and where McG is under an overall deal, is the studio. 20th TV had been trying to put together a True Lies series with McG since last season.

McG will focus on the project after recently exiting over creative differences from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s upcoming drama series 9-1-1 for Fox, on which he was to serve as director/executive producer.
    http://deadline.com/2017/09/true-lie...nt-1202170748/

I don't know how I feel about this. True Lies is my favorite Schwarzengger film. It always seems to be on cable. I think they'll probably try to pair it with Lethal Weapon, that is if it gets a series order.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    [I don't know how I feel about this. True Lies is my favorite Schwarzengger film.
    It's my next favorite Jamie Lee Curtis film, behind her work in the original Halloween films (including H20).

I think they should just leave it alone.

No actress will EVER accomplish what Curtis did with that role! Finding someone even close to what Arnold did would be tough, too.

I don't like the idea...

Comment

I think we ought to reconcile with the fact that no 80s or 90s movie is safe from a reboot/remake/sequel. Hollywood and tv have gotten awfully lazy in the past 10 years.

True Lies is one of my top 3 Arnold movies and I'm also not a fan of this idea. What makes it worse? Marc Guggenheim in charge. I don't rate him as a writer or producer at all. But hey, if you are about to rehash existing source material and make it worse, you might as well hire someone who does it for a living...

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎