Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Smallville came back in animated form would you watch it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way I would watch an animated version of "Smallville" is if they got most of the cast back, and the storytelling was on par with the live-action show. I haven't read the season 11 comics, but apparently reactions are very divided over them. I'd prefer if they simply started where the actual show left off, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
      I'd prefer if they simply started where the actual show left off, to be honest.
      Well, technically, the show left off in 2018 (due to the time-jump in "Finale"). Which could be the way to go. We only got a glimpse of the lives of Clark, Lois, Lex and Chloe in 2018. We didn't get anything on the lives of Tess (revived in season 11 as Red Tornado), Oliver or (still living) past cast members like Pete, Kara, Martha.

An animated revival could explore the lives of Clark and the others in 2018. Naturally, Chloe would be left out (due to the Allison Mack business), which is another argument for picking up in 2018. Based on information in "Finale", She's got a son with Oliver (fleshed out in the S11 comic), she and Oliver are divorced (with her being married to someone else), and she lives in Singapore. If a revival picked up in 2011 or 2012, Chloe and Oliver would still be married. Meaning they'd have to do a divorce storyline (i.e. something that would call for Chloe to be actively used; meaning they'd either have to bring back Allison (not going to happen) or recast the part. With it being so associated with Allison, they might be reluctant to bring Chloe back, even if they use another actress). By setting a revival in 2018, they could already be divorced for a few years. With her having moved to Singapore with her son.

Comment

I first started watching Smallville last year, and my second watch is almost done this year already. I will most likely watch the animated, should it happen, which it seems it will, but it really depends on the quality, not being too much cartoonish and so on.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎