No announcement yet.

Building a 'pseudo-Smallville' AU continuity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a 'pseudo-Smallville' AU continuity

Hi, all; I think this is the right forum for this.

I was thinking about story ideas for a possible fanfi c series based on the Justice League last night, and, almost by accident, started thinking about Smallville's iteration of the group and what a series/story featuring them might be on an ongoing 'episodic' basis.

However, I soon realized that I didn't want to just 'plug myself' into the Smallville universe directly, but to instead use elements of it as a way to create my own universe that exists as a sort of "Elseworlds" AU.

The problem is that I can't figure out exactly what I want to/can/ought to use to make my universe a 'pseudo-AU' of the Smallville continuity while still allowing it to be its own thing, and thought I'd solicit some ideas and thoughts from others.

As a point of reference, I want the following characters to comprise my Justice League:
    Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
    Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
    Bart Allen/The Flash
    Orin/Arthur Curry/Aquaman
    Dinah Lance/Black Canary
    Chloe Sullivan/Watchtower
    Tess Mercer/Red Tornado

I did manage to settle on including the following things from Smallville:
    - Chloe being a Metahuman with "empathic healing" and Clark's closest confidante outside of his family

- Oliver being the catalyst for the League's formation and its leader

- Tess being Lionel's daughter/head of LuthorCorp

- Black Canary being a former 'gun for hire'

- Bart being a former thief

- The existence of Veritas

I'm just not sure quite how to stitch these ideas together, or what other elements to use.

Anyone with ideas, please share them, because I'd like to move this idea beyond just the conceptual stage and actually do something with it sooner rather than later.

I don’t know if you are still thinking about this series but I think making it an alternate universe frees you up from continuity concerns and you can pretty much pick and choose what you want to use from Smallville as you have suggested here.

Personally I think you should have Lex remain a main antagonist but either never have his memory wiped or have he gain at least some of it back. If you bring Darkseid in, you could either have come back full power like he did in the Smallville comic or ignore their handling of him in Season 10 altogether.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎